Tamani Hotel Marina
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$ 315
Agoda.com
US$ 298
US$ 269
  • Pool
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$ 240
US$ 208
US$ 186
US$ 309
US$ 279
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$ 259
US$ 212
  • Pool
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$ 226
US$ 200
All reviewshuge kitchentram stationbarasti beachsingle roomindoor poolcarrefour supermarketdry hotelno alcoholstayed in a bedroom apartmentwashing machinemina seyahidining tablejbr walkmin walkchecking ingreat facilitiesnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Thank goodness I was only staying in the Tamani for two nights. My cell, sorry room - no I was right the first time was a small L shaped area with a toilet/shower area, a little galley kitchen (not sure why) a small desk with a hard wooden chair and what would be classed in the UK as a three quarter bed. More of a Prince sized bed than a King Sized. The shower cubicle was about 30" square with a shower curtain which immediately attached itself to my rear end and refused to let go. I had a bath towel and a bath mat - one of each, the first night and had to ring housekeeping the second night to get even that. There were no pictures or anything on the pained walls,, just a couple of scuff marks.
My room was on the third floor at the front of the hotel and I was not happy that Jensen Button was practicing hill starts outside most of the night. If not him then that Michael bloke.

Getting the picture - yes your right, I was less than impressed, a lot less.

To be fair the food in the restaurant was good and the staff there were friendly.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank leshaswell
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina.

I was pleased to read your kind words regarding the restaurant. And it is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, however please be noted that the rooms’ specifications have been already mentioned on the website and we distinguish the fact that the room type booked did not satisfy your requirement which was valued at that competitive price.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly at walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TAMANI Hotel Marina in the near future.

Walid Al-Awa

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We arrived there with seven hrs delay, had sent a mail to the hotel to keep our rooms, they confirmed by mail that they hold them but they had sold them and the hotel was fully booked when we arrived 8:00am in the morning instead of the night before.
They wanted to gibe my partner a room (chamber) in the business center with a bed and me a suite with a surcharge. I refused the surcharge and they accepted and my biz partner also got a suite that afternoon.
Big and spacey, the hotel is a bit far away from the center and the walk to the metro is 15 - 20 min's rather than the 5 mentioned on the net.
All in all, eventually a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, do not book anything at the end of the corridor on the third floor: Attention electrical room is very noisy!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HermJP
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that eventually you had a good experience in our hotel. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet some of your expectations on this occasion.

Walid Al-Awa

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great hotel ,,I booked 2 bed room apartment ,nice living room with dinning table Huge room,very clean, you can see very good view of dubai and very good location..all the staff are friendly and helpful ..definitely ,,I will say "YES" to go to
this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank welli d
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I booked a studio apartment in this hotel but what I got was a jaw dropping experience. Checking in was not a hassle as it can be in some hotels. When I opened the door to my room I was shocked to see that I had been upgraded to a suite. I could not believe what I got for the price I paid. This hotel does not serve liquor which might be dissapointing to some but I was happy that I chose the Tamani Hotel in the Dubai Marina. At first I thought that I would be too far from everything but once I got in a cab I realized how cheap it is to get around in Dubai. Everywhere I wanted to go was 15-20 minutes away. The hotel staff was very friendly and they even helped me book a Desert Safari which was amazing. Some claim that this not a 5 star hotel but that did not stop me from booking with them. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Dubai. This hotel made my stay in Dubai an extrodinary experience as I felt like royalty in that suite that could most likely fit my entire family.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed here in January 2012 for 7 nights on business. Hotel is located 10 minutes from beach, half hour from centre of Dubai, 40 minutes from airport. Staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. Restaurant is pleasant, although we only used it for coffees. Lifts were fast and plentiful. We booked two of their single studio rooms. Rooms were dated but clean and fine for what we wanted - just somewhere to put our head down each night. Unfortunately the studio rooms are situated right above the garage, and the smell in the corridor leading to the rooms is like walking through the engine room of a ship. Very strong fumes and constant smell of diesel. Fortunately smell did not permeate into the rooms. It's a shame, as the smell spoiled what would otherwise have been a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere bar the studio rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business