All reviews emirates mall washing machine lulu hypermarket rooftop pool fully equipped kitchen walking distance metro station rooms are spacious special thanks supermarket bedroom taxi moe ensuite internet toaster sofa
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Just completed a 8 night stay in a one bedroom apartment at the Abidos Hotel, Al Barsha, Dubai. Good points first. The building is nipping clean, in fantastic working order and in a great location.The room itself (home from home) is very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen and great air con and wifi. It has 2 showers and also 2 toilets which is very handy. It is cleaned on a daily bases and is very quiet with good sleep quality. The building has 4 lifts and they are quick to respond. The roof top pool is a real plus, it is quite small for the size of the hotel but it is very clean and cool in temperature. The life guard, Suresh (apologies if spelling is incorrect) is very friendly, professional and exceptional at his job which had many responsibilities. The location of the Hotel is superb. It is close to 2 very large supermarkets (10 minutes walk) and very close 4/5 mini markets. It is less than 10 minutes walk to the massive Mall of the Emirates which has 2 massive food courts and many chain restaurants (Cheesecake Factory to mention our fav.)..oh, and hundreds of shops. The Burj Beach is 10 minutes away in a taxi, less than £5 one way. The Airport is 20 minutes away, less than £20 in a taxi. The train network links the whole city fantastically well, this is the other side of the Mall, 15 minutes walk.
Negative points. We had a problem at check in. We were expecting 2 beds - one for 2 adults and one for our 8 year old daughter. At 2.00am, we had a very surly receptionist inform us that it was expected that we all share the one bed or pay 150 dirhams per night for a roll away bed. The next morning we tried to sort the problem but once again another rude receptionist reiterated hotel policy. They blamed the hotel company Hotels.com, explaining that they should not advertise that room for more than 2 people - which I totally agree with. (Hotels.com have offered vouchers for part of our bill but terms and conditions apply - their customer relations has not been good. We find them great for US hotels and poor for Middle Eastern accommodation).
Other negatives other than poor reception staff who just wanted to get money out of you, they did not provide cleaning equipment for the kitchen, a dish cloth would help. Even after paying for the extra 8 year old person/bed, they continued to leave only 2 towels. Small pool area.
Please note that the other cleaning staff and security are also very helpful and friendly.
Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Check small print
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
AbidosHotels, Front Office Manager at Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Mr. Neil,

We thank you for choosing Abidos Apartments – Al Barsha as your preferred residence while in Dubai and thank you for taking your time in writing this review.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our rooms and facilities .We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. Thank you for recognizing our colleagues in particular Suresh ,who impressed you by his attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

With reference to your specific comments on extra bed during your stay with us, extra bed is chargeable and we don't have roll away beds thus we can provide a baby cot for small kids, at the outset please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.With regards to staff behavior please rest assured that we shall look into the matter with utmost seriousness and will be initiating corrective action to ensure that such instances does not recur.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Abidos Apartments during your next trip to Dubai. Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

They say you get what you pay for and normally that is pretty accurate. We got a 2 bedroom apartment for the price of a hotel
Room at a 4-5 star hotel. Great value for money but of course you have to refine your expectations in terms of luxury because Abidos is not luxury.

Having said that, for the most part this place suited our purposes. A large king bed and a second bedroom with twin beds for the kids. The bedrooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints there.

Bathrooms fine, both rooms had ensuites with showers and a bath tub. Water quality was good and temperatures excellent. Amenities were basic but they were there. Towels were the flat tired kind and not big fluffy towels you would expect from a 5 star but again, they did the job just fine.

The rest of the apartment was fine but the entire thing was very tired. Balcony door handle that felt wobbly to the touch, kids room air conditioning was either off, or 19 degrees no matter what temperature you actually set.

I enjoy cooking and with young kids this is a good easy way to have dinners on holiday when they are tired. The Abidos kitchen is very basic. A small two hob electric stove so small you can’t actually fit pans side by side because there isn’t a small pan provided. The kitchen utensils are extremely basic. Not even a peeler for example. We had to ask for teaspoons to be provided even though the room inventory list mentioned them - as well as several other items we were missing.

The toaster’s internal up/down thing (that’s the technical term) was so bent that your bread would fall deep inside and when the thing jumped up at the end of the cooking cycle, your bread would remain deep down and get skewered in the side of the bread meaning you needed a knife and fork to extract your bread every time, ripping it to shreds in the process.

Still, there is enough there to make basic meals.

Great having a washing machine but it leaked onto the kitchen floor into the drain. Standing at the sink washing up, I kept stepping in the puddle. Staff came to check it and gave up after a few minutes telling me to call them if the water flow is too much for the drain to take.

One other thing I can recommend is requesting a high floor room away from the road out front. We were on the 4th floor facing the road and Dubai people like their noisy sports cars and large exhausts. Right up to midnight and beyond, there are very loud car noises and overnight you can hear the beeps from the garbage trucks doing their rounds. Earplugs needed and still I could hear them.

On the convenient side, two small supermarkets right across the street as well as a pizza takeaway place about 30m away.

Overall, the place was fine. Like I said, you get what you pay for and frankly this place is excellent value. Would I stay here again? Yes but only if there are no other similarly priced options and most definitely not on that side of the building. I did notice in Al Barsha around the Emirates Mall, several “hotel apartments” buildings.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Colin,

We thank you for taking your time in writing the above review.

Thank you for pointing out your concern specifically and we regret the inconvenience caused to you. Rest assured that will take action on broken room balcony door, not user friendly toaster, missing items from inventory list and washing machine water leakage. Please be informed as well that request on room higher floor is always subject upon availability.

However, we are still glad that overall your stay with us is fine and you enjoyed cooking with your kids. Abidos Hotel Apartment is a family apartment designed for your family bond and leisure moment and it is the feedback from our well-wishers like you show that we still have room for improvement. We hope you would give us an opportunity to serve you better upon your next visit to Dubai.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Abidos Apartments.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My husband made a booking for a few nights at this hotel apartment for us and our little child through booking.com. Me and our son arrived in the noon and my husband supposed to arrive later on that day. The booking was secured with my husband's debit card. Me and our little son arrived to the hotel after 2 long flights and the girl at the reception, Jessica refused to check us in, despite that fact my husband specifically mentioned that he asks them to check us in and he will pay for the stay at the hotel as soon as he arrives the same night. I said I had small amount of cash with me. She demanded the full amount for the whole stay and said either the card or cash or nor check in and returned our passports back even without scanning them and without paying any attention to us, started communication with the other guest. To say I was shocked is not to say anything. For the few years, me and my husband been traveling around the world and visited Dubai tens of times, it was the first time when I face such rudeness and improfessionalism. I myself have been working at the luxury resorts in Dubai and would never let such rudeness towards our guests. There is always the way. That moment I felt like I was begger and was asking them to let me and my small child in for free. I asked Jessica to call to manager. She said OK and continued communicating to other guests. It took her 10-15 minutes to pick up the phone and call to a duty manager. Who also in his turn, asked me for money or credit card. Gosh, I had 5 huge bags of baggage, I have a small child, I was offering them to keep our passports as a guarantee but all they wanted to know is how much money I can pay them. I gave them all cash I had just enough for one night and even when I was receiving my key from the hotel room, I was told they need my husband to come and pay, as if I didn't know that. All this was done with no eye contact or a smile. And I felt like in a prison, not in a hotel. The hotel itself is what I expected it to be, big rooms and not too far from the Mall of Emirates and that was the main reason why we chose this hotel. But service is very bad and it's sad.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
AbidosHotels, General Manager at Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Ms. Evans,

We thank you for taking your time in writing the above review

We regret the inconvenience caused to you upon check in and would like to apologize for any unwelcoming behavior from any of our staff members, we are looking into the incident and wish to assure you that corrective actions would be initiated to ensure that such behaviors are not repeated in the future

We would also like to inform that as per banking regulations it is mandatory for the debit / credit card holder in whose name the booking has been made to be present upon check in and this was the procedure followed with regards to your booking

We understand that since the debit / credit card holder under whose name the booking made was not available at the time of check in, the Duty Manager had met you and made an exception of allowing you to pay for the first day of arrival until the card holder arrives and hold the booking without cancelling or amending the same for which you had agreed upon

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and we hope you would give us an opportunity to serve you better upon your next visit to Dubai, I look forward to personally meeting you and your family upon your next visit to our hotel and would be happy to upgrade your booking to the next available superior category as a special gesture

Assuring you of our best services at all times

Wilson Joseph
Chief Operating Officer

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The staff were rude, reached early morning , their bank system was down , the refused to check us in and asked us to wait for 2 hours, the have blocked twice their amount on my credit card , and released it after 14 days ... the rooms are not clean , we found roaches in the bathrooms, they dont clean the dishes or kitchen , even after they have taken their full payment , they keep on blocking the keys and we had to go to reception to get the keys validated ...
Not recommending at all

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
AbidosHotels, Front Office Manager at Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

With reference to your specific comments on staff behavior during your stay with us, at the outset please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. Please rest assured that we shall look into the matter with utmost seriousness and will be initiating corrective action to ensure that such instances does not recur.

It is the feedback from our well-wishers like you show that we still have room for improvement. While assuring you of our best services at all times and look forward to welcoming you back at Abidos Apartment – Barsha upon your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The Hotel is in a fantastic location next door to Mall of Emirates and adjacent to Sheikh Zayed Road, the rooms are fabulous, large and clean
All of their staff are super friendly and go out of their way to help
Free mineral water, tea, coffee and milk facilities in the apartment refiled everyday
Roof top pool is an amazing place to relax
Overall a super place to stay

Room Tip: Ask for apartments with balcony, they are bigger in size
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Mark,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our rooms and service from our staff.

It is such feedback from valued guests like you that keeps our team constantly motivated to achieve “service par excellence”.