“Great hotel to relax in and fantastic service!”
Review of Desert Palm Dubai

Desert Palm Dubai
Ranked #210 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I was actually working in Dubai Internet City and although the hotel was a 30 to 40 minute drive away, it was really worth it! The hotel itself was clean and the rooms excellent. The staff were all friendly and the service excellent. The food was lovely, but I didn't get time to use any leisure facilities (although the pool looked lovely and the shaded areas around it were inviting) - you could really use this hotel for business or leisure.

The only small negative was the eratic times it took for a taxi to arrive, so if on business, book taxis well in advance! Iread that there is a waste treatment plant close by and that the smell can be bad, but it was fine during my trip, in fact all I could smell was fresh cut grass from the polo pitch.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We had a girls' day in Desert palm during the weekend, afternoon tea, spa treatments, and the works. The afternoon tea at Epicure was good- but not excellent. Lovely fresh fruits, excellent tea, and coffee were overshadowed by bland sandwiches, and burnt scones. The afternoon tea was too much of a hit and miss; I would not want to return.

Now for the good part- Lime Spa! While I was initially disappointed that there were no separate facilities for ladies (plunge pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, etc.)- It was more than made up for by the room. Wow! But more on that later. First I filled out the usual form, but I love that they give you the option of selecting your own music. I prefer nature sounds to loud instruments when I am trying to relax- so this was a definite plus.

I was escorted by a lovely therapist from Bali "Putu", and left to change into my robe. The treatment room had a changing area, shower, toilet, bath, and great view. A rose petal foot bath was a soothing start to my treatment. Then it was off to the treatment table to start my sports (i.e. deep tissue) massage. It was reeeally good. Having some stubborn knots in need of kneading- I had come to the right place. While it was slightly painful at times, it was just what the doctor ordered. I left feeling much lighter, and had a great sleep for the first time in days. I can't wait to go back.

*Using an Entertainer voucher, this 60 minute treatment costs 210 dirhams. Absolutely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Gentle Traveler I
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed in the one bedroom villa. Staying in this hotel is really refreshing but i had some problems i would like to mention in case other travelers is planning to go there.
Firstly when i arrived i got delayed because of the check in procedure that took 40 minutes !!
The pool was great except for the insects which can be cleaned on request.
The telephone was not working!!.
I found some ants in the living room.
In the other hand the hotel is great escape from the city especially with the pool which was great to enjoy with my family. The price is considerably high but it has one of the biggest pools in dubai as villa. Overall the hotel is nice and great for weekend break .

Room Tip: The breakfast menu is great don't miss it
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I really enjoyed my stay there.
When I arrived in my room I found a couple of beautiful rose arrangements as well as freshly baked macaroons and fresh dates.
My room was quiet and filled with sunshine. Walking around the hotel, I felt as if I was somewhere else than Dubai. The property is surrounded by trees, vines, flowers, birds and butterflies.Everything is green around and absolutely beautiful.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and full of ideas and information. Don't come here for just one night, just come and relax.
Since I had a driver during my stay, I did not mind the distance, about 30 minutes to Jumeirah beach or any other location around town, no matter where you are, you need to drive anyway.
The room had an Nespresso machine, good choices of fine teas, a large flat screen TV, Bang & Olufsen stereo system with your own Ipod loaded with music.
The attention to detail makes you feel that you are in a home and not in a hotel. The hall and gardens are filled with art pieces, paintings, very tastefully done.
Unfortunately the food was not so good, they have smoothies and juices that were previously made.
There are Polo matches everyday, and you can walk or someone from the staff will take you in a golf cart, its fun.
The bed was very comfortable, and the shower was great.
If you like to stay away from busy places, I would highly recommend Desert Palm.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I get that this hotel may be a great short break location if you live in Dubai, but my wife and I stayed there for one night on the way to the airport after a week in Oman and were disappointed. Not by the room, which was excellent in design, but very noisy air con, and above the resturant and bar meant that you couldn't get an early night in peace if you wanted.

Things going for it include the drinks (well mixed and delicious), the resturant (fantastic, fantastic steak) and the room layout on first impressions.

Things not going for it include the noise pollution from the road and from other guests, the smell from the local sewage works drifting across the polo field into the bar, the relatively small pool.

It was sub par and when you dress yourself as a destination hotel, you need to deliver. Desert Palm didn't.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple