Dubai International Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel(Dubai)
6,452 results
All reviewsbetween flightsmeet and greetlong layovermassage chairarrival gatehour layoverconnecting flightconcourse bthrough immigrationtransit passengerstransit staywake up callairport hotelcomfortable bedexecutive roomfrom australiashort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I made a reservation and paid for my daughter for a layover stay in the Dubai Airport. The rate I was quoted from the travel websites was lower than what was quoted from the hotel website, but I went with the hotel website at the higher rate to book because I wanted consideration if there were problems with her flights and I felt that the hotel could control this most directly. I was appalled to find out that they would not honor my cancellation request which was made almost 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival of the cancelled flight and almost 24 hours prior to the hotel arrival time. Be careful. They did not send any confirmation to me as the payor of the reservation at the time the reservation was made and there was no mention of "no cancellation because the rate is promotional" Really?? The rate was higher than hotels.com or travelocity and the cancellation request was made long before arrival time. The rate was high for a single room being used for 12 hours ($284). I am disgusted with this hotel and with United Airlines who cancelled the flight. This may be an okay place to stay, but don't make a reservation because there is clearly no advantage. They will take your credit card and run.....absolutely contrary to any other hotel reservartions I have made in the world.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank lthoma01
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor

Kindly note that you have accepted the terms & conditions for Promotional rate while booking the room and it clearly says that cancellation and amendments not allowed for this reservation. We suggest you to book standard reservation type in future which allows cancellation & modifications. We value all reservations whether they arise from hotel web site or partner web sites and maintain rate parity among all online travel agents with hotel web site. After investigating the incident, we have noticed that confirmation email has been sent by the system but the guest provided a wrong email address while booking the room. This has been brought in to our notice by you while sending the cancellation request.

I hope you understand and kindly send your feedback to guestcare@dih-dca.com.

Kind regards,

Manager – Customer Care

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I used booking.com to book my room and mentioned in the 'comments' section that I would be arriving late. I received the email below almost immediately. I had someone waiting for me at the gate and they whisked me around the back and straight to the front of the transit queue to grab my boarding pass for next flight. Then straight up to the hotel and to my room. WOW what service! At around US$230 for the room, it is a little on the expensive side but saved me so much time, hassle and worry, with this wonderful FREE concierge service.

Greetings from the Dubai International Hotel!!!
We have received your reservation request through Booking.Com and would like to inform you that our hotel is located inside the transit area before the customs and immigration in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. We strongly advise you NOT to cross the immigration as you might not allowed back in by the airport authority until 3 hours prior to your next departure flight.
We have noted your flight information and arranged one of our concierge staff to meet and assist you upon arrival at the Dubai International Airport. The staff member will be holding a paging board with your name on it; he will be standing just after the aerobridge at the arrival gate of

(Please also note that if your flight is to arrive and park on a remote bay away from the Airport Terminal itself, Airport Authorities will then transport all passengers on that flight, from the remote parking bay to the Airport Terminal via Shuttle Bus Transfer. If this is to happen, the guarantee of a meet and assist is difficult as access to where passengers are dropped of by the shuttle bus is limited for our concierge staff)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION

If you are flying into Dubai International Airport, the Dubai International Hotel is located inside the Airport Terminal Buildings before Passport Control (Immigration and Customs) in both in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. You must be in Transit to Access the Hotel.
Passengers are strongly advised not to pass through Immigration and Customs and exit the Terminal as they will be denied access to the Hotel until 3 hours prior to their ongoing flight’s departure time.
If you are arriving at Dubai International Airport from Dubai City, the Dubai International Hotel is located inside the Airport Terminal Buildings after Passport Control (Immigration and Customs) in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. You must be checked in to a flight to Access the hotel.
Passengers are strongly advised to confirm the check in times of flights and the details of their check in procedures with their respective Airlines.
If you are arriving to Terminal 2, do not exit the Terminal and pass through Passport Control (Immigration and Customs). You will have to go to the Transfer Desk and use the free inter-terminal shuttle bus to gain access to either Terminal 1 or Terminal 3.
Access to the Hotel Reception in Terminal 1 can be made using the elevators or escalators located between gates 115 and 117. In Terminal 3, access to the Hotel Reception can be made using the dedicated elevators located near gate 214 and gate 219.
Passengers can walk between Terminal 1 - Concourse 1 and Terminal 3 - Concourse 2 as the buildings are connected (On the Airside).
It is strongly recommended that passengers carry their toiletries etc. in their hand luggage as they will be unable to retrieve their checked-in luggage for the reasons mentioned in the points above.
Check Out time will be a maximum 24 hours after the Actual Check In time. (This point is Only applicable for reservations made with Daily Rates and is Not applicable for reservations made under Hourly Rates)
Children under 12 years of age stay free with an accompanied adult (we can accommodate a maximum of 2 Adults and 2 Children per room).
An Extra bed is charged at the rate of 110.00AED. Only one Extra Bed can be placed per room.
Baby Cots are available without any extra charge. Baby Cots are subject to availability.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GibberW
Reviewed 16 June 2012

check in your bags, get you boarding padd then check into the hotel, what a great concept. had an early flight and I only needed to get out of bed 90 minutes before departure

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank markmsomerset
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Dubai International Hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've stayed here 3 years in a row now, and it never disappoints.

It's such a welcome option between flights. Great rooms. Quiet rooms.

Given most transit travellers would be without their toiletries bag (given the rules about what you can take on board flights), it's great that the hotel provide almost everything you need (eg. toothbrush & paste; shaving ravor & foam, plus all the usual stuff). The only necessity they don't provide is deodorant (understandably), and that can easily be bought from the shop downstairs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sawnbay
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. As you mentioned all our rooms are quiet and provided all the basic amenities required for a transit passenger. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by our associates. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here for 8 hours in between flights on the way back from Australia. What a gem! Was met at the gate by a friendly porter & he walked us to the hotel, it's quite a trek so were glad he was leading the way. Check in took a few minutes & the staff were curteous. We got to our room & were very impressed. The cot I had requested for my 14 month old was set up ready to go with clean sheets & plate of fruit ready to be eaten. The bathroom was spotless & filled with top shelf accessories.

Really can't fault this place, quite pricey but justified for Dubai stays under 12 hours. Stayed at the Millenium hotel that Emirates airlines provided on our outbound flight & clearing immigration & leaving the airport is a pain.

Would defiantly recommend for weary travelers & especially for kids to get a good sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Katlah

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by our associates.

Yours sincerely,