“A great stopover on the way to Austrlia”

Dubai International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 296 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
“A great stopover on the way to Austrlia”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel as a stopover on the way to Australia. I was met at the gate and taken great care off through security etc. and was in my room in minutes. The Hotel was very quiet and I slept well . A wake up call on time got me to my onward flight with plenty time for breakfast in the business lounge.
The staff were most helpful and I would recommend it to anyone as a break in the journey to
Australia.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Dubai International Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Manager - Customer Care
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The lobby is nothing to talk about, but the rooms were very nice and HUGE! Even had a massage chair. The bathroom was large and well stocked. The bed was comfortable. It was a welcomed stop after a long flight and another flight to go.

The staff was helpful and someone met me at my gate and walked me through a private security area and then to the hotel. It felt very elite!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stewart S

Livingston, Scotland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for one night as a stopover on the way from the UK to NZ. All I can say is that I would definitely stay here again. Really impressed with the hotel.
One of the staff met us at the plane to take us through to the hotel which was a big help. Check-in was a breeze and the room itself was excellent.
If you have around 6-8 hours of a stopover, it is definitely worth staying here.
Also - as the hotel is airside, your bags go all the way through, so you just get off the plane and go into the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank astrange4
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Our visit started off brilliantly as we were met at the gate by a smart uniformed member of the hotel who escorted us quickly through baggage screening and even pulled my case. Check in was painless with a wake up call organised for the following morning. When we were shown our room the first thing I noticed was the state of the carpets and furniture which were all badly stained. It put me right off the room and I didn't feel it was properly clean and certainly not like any five star hotel I have ever stayed in. Having said that the room was spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom and shower very clean and well-appointed with all the toiletries you could want - including shaving gear and toothbrushes. The health club was the next disappointment - the jacuzzi wasn't working and the pool was 24 degrees so I didn't get to use either. The minibar was locked and we were too tired to organise a key and the promised fresh fruit failed to materialise. One good feature was the sound proofing - you would never know you were still at the airport - there was no noise at all. I think it was worth the cost for the good night's sleep before our onward journey but it could have been so much more enjoyable. We were looking forward to our stay as a luxury extension of our holiday and really it was just a comfortable bed for the night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heathermw8
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel. We value guest feedback and very much concerned about the comments. I would appreciate if you can forward stay details to guestcare@dih-dca.com to investigate and ensure corrective action.

belfast
Reviewed 16 April 2012

room only for day stop over was very expensive but room was nice, no meals, staff found english a bit difficult

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2012