“Superb Location with Attentive staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
JA Oasis Beach Tower
Ranked #31 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
edinburgh
“Superb Location with Attentive staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

These apartments are fantastic and in the best location in Dubai. We stayed in a three bedroom duluxe 1404 and it could not pick a single fault. The rooms were enormous and clean. The beds were really comfy. The bathrooms are lovely and regularly stocked with elamis toiletries. The Kitchen .., had everything you could think off however with the choice of local restaurants on the doorstep this was not really used. Additionally, this is probably the only place in Dubai you can walk as you are on the JBW which has loads of restaurants and shops so plenty to keep you busy. We went to Jebel Ali for the day which is defo worth a trip. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony and high floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank angeldust56
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear angeldust56,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your positive words in relation to the apartments which you have kindly mentioned are of a large size, very clean and have comfortable beds as well as lovely bathrooms.

I do appreciate your kind words regarding our team whom you felt were attentive, and I will definitely ensure that this compliment is shared with them.

I was also happy to read that you had an opportunity to visit our sister property for the day, and I am also pleased to know that you highly recommend it.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

William Harley-Fleming
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Wickford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My wife, Son (age 17) Daughter (age 13) and I arrived at the OBT at around 8.30pm and we were warmly welcomed by Mohamed on reception. We chose the OBT due to its location and the great reviews left by others on Trip Adviser. We decided to book a 2 bed delux apartment, however Mohamed took it upon himself to upgrade us to a 4 bed delux apartment (floor 12, room 1203) which upon entering, we were overwhelmed with the size, the cleanliness and the facilities, then in the morning, we were greeted with the magnificent view of the beach and Palm Island in the distance, all thanks to Mohamed. Even though the cost of our stay included breakfast in the Thyme resturant, upon our arrival we found milk, bread, eggs, tea, coffee, jam, yoghurt, bottled water etc had been left for us in the kitchen, and the bottled water was replenished every day at no extra cost. The kitchen was well equiped (cooker, dishwasher, washing machine etc) some of which we never used but it was handy to know they were there if needed. All bedrooms had their own ensuite bathroom all of which were huge, and the master had a seperate shower cubicle as well as a shower over the bath. The beds were massive and very comfortable and all bedrooms had their own TV (we had 5 TV's in all which kept my daughter happy when we went back to the apartment to change before going out in the evening). The swimming pool was very clean and welcoming, and even though it was in shade for most of the day due to the surrounding high rise buildings this suited me, as being fair skinned it gave me a chance to enjoy a swim without getting burnt. It was quite windy around the pool area however it was a warm wind and it didn't bother me. Nice big towels available at the poolside so get your cards for these from reception when you book in. I must say that every single one of the staff we met at the OBT (reception, concierge, security, swimmimg pool attendents, cleaners etc) were very polite and helpfull and they all did everything possible to ensure that our stay was very enjoyable, so my thanks to all of you.
At the time of writing this review (June 2012) there was building work going on directly opposite the OBT which is going to be a new hotel, and when finished I assume that this hotel will partly block the view of the beach from some of the apartments of the OBT, personally this wouldn't put me off, and when going back to Dubai (which I intend to do in the not so distant future) I would definately book in at the OBT as I know that I will receive a first class service.
On another note, there is loads to do whilst at the Jumeirah beach resort and a few "must do's" are as follows:
Dessert Safari: Good fun, drivers are crazy but very safe. Great evening entertainment.
Dubai Mall: Take the free shuttle bus from the OBT to the Emirates Mall, then take a taxi to the Dubai Mall. Approx 1,500 shops so have your credit card at the ready. You must visit the the dancing fountain at the Dubai Mall and to do this I suggest that if going for somewhere to eat, you go to TGI Friday's and ask for a table ouside. We arrived at TGI's at around 6.30pm and left at around 8.00pm and during this time we caught 3 shows of the dancing fountain, one before sunset, one at sunset and one after sunset, all of which were very impressive and look great when playing back on the camcorder.
Atlantis Hotel: If taking children to JBR pay a visit to the water park at the Atlantis Hotel on Palm Island, great fun even for big kids.
Note: We found the taxi's to be very cheap (approx £12 ((approx 60 Dirhams)) to get back from the Dubai Mall to the OBT which was about a 25 minute trip) but make sure that you get the off yellow / cream coloured taxi's as these are government run and the price is capped.
On closing, I would definately recommend a visit to Dubai and the Oasis Beach Tower Appartments is where I would stay.

Room Tip: When booking, ask for room 1203 on the 12th floor, you won't be dissapointed.
5 Thank Colin M
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Colin M,

First of all, I was extremely pleased to read that you decided to stay with us, following other traveller’s reviews. I am also happy to read your very detailed and candid description of the facilities and amenities available in our hotel.

I will definitely ensure to share your very positive compliments with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you felt were very polite, helpful and did everything to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.

Lastly, it was nice to know that you are now considering your next stay with us, as you have kindly mentioned that you will receive a first class service!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Oasis beach apartments really were first class. We stayed in a 2 bed deluxe, on 7th floor for 7 nights 31/5-7/6. We could see Atlantis and the beach from our balcony. With only 4 apartments on the floor outside noise was non-existent, and it felt very private. The kitchen is fully equipped with fresh water provided every day, plus a welcome hamper which was topped up throughout the week. We had four toilets in the apartment, huge wardrobe space, three tv's, lots of relaxing space, and Elemis toiletries replaced daily. Reception were really helpful, we arrived at the hotel at 10am and by 11am were in our room which was perfect service. The staff are all excellent - friendly, helpful, polite, perfect English. We also organised several trips through the concierge and they were really good.

in the evening we could easily walk out onto the beach and shops in the area, plus it was only a short taxi ride from everywhere in Dubai at a cost of £10 for the longest journey. On the doorstep there is Starbucks, clothes shops, furniture shops, Subway, bars, restaurants, a lovely beach, plus just behind the hotel is the Marina and the Marina Mall.

There is some building work going on (the whole of Dubai is like that) and we could here it during the day but if you keep the door to the balcony closed it is very slight.

The pool is lovely and clean - it was in the shade after about 1pm but to be honest we were grateful of that for the kids! There was always somewhere around the pool area in the sun though.

The Thyme restaurant which was for the breakfast and other meals was really good too - lots of choice, very fresh, clean, great service.

Me and my family really couldn't fault this hotel - if you want somewhere that is spacious, a home from home, well located, and superb service then choose this hotel!

1 Thank pinkladyBedford
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear pinkladyBedford,

It was nice to know that you considered the apartments to be amazing and first class! You have mentioned that the kitchen was fully equipped with fresh water provided every day and the welcome hamper was topped up throughout the week, which I am very happy to know.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about my team who looked after you whom you felt were all very friendly, helpful, and polite, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I was also pleased to read your kind recommendation regarding the swimming pool, as well as to our very own Thyme restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was really good, having lots of choice along with great service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the future.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had a two bedroom apartment at the top of the tower with magnificent views over the Marina and the beach. The apartment was extremely spacious, with excellent bathrooms and a full kitchen. Furniture was comfortable and everything was very clean in the apartment. Service was excellent and staff friendly. The only drawback was the extremely soft mattress, to the point of it being uncomfortable.

Location is superb, at the heart of "the Walk", in the Marina, which is dotted with cafes and restaurants and hotels, and is a very active place. The beautiful beach with warm waters and white sand is just a couple of minutes of walk from the hotel. The hotel also includes parking in the building without an extra charge, another big plus.

Finally, they have free wireless internet in the rooms, which was important for us since we travel with an assortment of laptops, iPads, and iPhones. Most hotels in the city/Gulf region have not woken up to the fact that free wireless is a must, and travelers feel ripped off if they have to pay for the access.

We highly recommend the hotel and will stay there next time we are in Dubai again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J K
Dear J K,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments in relation to the hotel’s magnificent views, as well as the spacious apartments along with the cleanliness of the property and the facilities that we have to offer.

I do also appreciate your kind words regarding our associates who have looked after you, and whom you felt were friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Absolutely loved OBT, lovely spacious rooms, stunning views of city and beach, excellent location with lots of restaurants and bars all within walking distance along the promenade.

Customer service was top drawer, with staff willing to go out of their way to help out. Was especially impressed with Mohammed Hassan and Miriam at the concierge's desk.

Our deal included breakfast which was always excellent. Facilities were great too.

Would definitely visit again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Dear Vian29,

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the apartment, which you kindly mentioned was spacious with stunning view of the city and the beach

I have also noted your comments with regards to the excellent location of the hotel with lots of restaurants and bars within a walking distance.

I will definitely ensure that your compliments regarding my team will be passed on to them.