“Excellent Hotel/Excellent Value”

Ranked #79 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Japan
“Excellent Hotel/Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

After a wonderful stay at the Villa Rotana, I can understand why this new, modern-style hotel constantly gets good reviews overall. All the staff (except for one gentleman I came across at the front desk) are extremely helpful and outgoing, always willing to offer assistance and be of service.

The common areas are spotless; the rooms are a nice size, quite comfortable and clean with a mini-refigerator, small cook stove, and dishes; the pool/gym/sauna area is rather small but quite adequate; and the breakfast buffet is pretty extensive, offering western, Middle Eastern, and even some Indian food certain days.

In total, the Villa Rotana must have the best cost performance in Dubai, considering what the hotel delivered in terms of what I paid. It provides true value, offering clean, down-to-earth service and tasteful surroundings without all the added frills you pay for (but which I don't need) in luxury hotels like a concierge, plush carpets, posh interiors, and fancy artwork.

Some basic points:
1. Location: About 5 minutes walk from hotel front door to train platform of Business Bay Station. Being near a metro station is a definite must, I felt, and the Villa Rotana is ideal. Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mail station is 1 stop. Taxi cost about 60AED from the airport, 40AED back, and 40 to Beach Walk, so hotel sits about midway between the Deira/Bur Dubai (souk) area and the Marina/Beach Walk.

2. What's Nearby?: If you go left out the door and walk one block you will find a supermarket, Turkish restaurant, fast-food chicken/burgers, and a shisha shop selling real items and not the tourist stuff like at the souks. If you go right out the door (toward the metro stop) for 1 block and you will find an ice cream and a doughnut shop. Before you get to the doughtnut shop, turn right (walk towards the back of the hotel) and you'll find a mini-market and a cheap, fast-food Chinese/Lebanese eatery. None of these eateries are deluxe by any means, but they look fine, will do in a jam, and provide some local atmosphere.

3. Breakfast. Some reviewers have criticized the lack of an "egg/omelet station" at breakfast. But all you have to do is ask. In fact, the servers asked me first if I wanted omelets, eggs, waffles, pancakes, expresso, etc., which the hotel provides freshly made, and not from the buffet.

4. Be aware: There is mosque nearby, so if you are in a room at the back of the hotel, you will get the morning "call to prayer". I am not fond of being woken up at 4:30 or so, but there is something exotic to the sound and it is part and parcel when vacationing in the Middle East. It doesn't last long. In fact, the last 3 nights I slept through it all.

5. What's not here: alcohol and a bar, gift shop, dedicated concierge/tour desk.

I whole heartedly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a convenient location, clean and comfortable accommodations/facilities, and excellent service from friendly staff, and all of this at a price that is very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Rapublico
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana! We are delighted to receive your kind comments to Villa Rotana and to have learned that we have met your utmost satisfation and expectation. Such comments truly inspires each one of us to provide our utmost service and attention to your our valued guest at all times. Consequently,your feedback has been shared with our team members. We look forward to welcome you back for another memorable stay with us. Thank you, Mr. Kinan Al Ghraoui-General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
france
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I like the rooms (all suite hotel), very modern, it is like a booking hotel in Dubai, great location for business (in front of the financial district, the Burj, Dubai Mall....
The breakfast is OK, the fitness is good, the pool is small but nice. The hotel has a very modern look. I feel very well in this hotel BUT the service is poor at the reception.
The staff is noce at the breakfats in the fitness....BUT reception are not very friendly. Good WiFi in the room, in the lobby and restaurant (but not free!!!!)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jmplolo1
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member, Firstly we thank you for your comments and we are pleased to have learned that we have met your satisfaction with our facilities on the other hand we regret to learn that we have not met your expectation with some of our services. Your concern is our priority and a corrective actin is taken. We hope that you would give us a chance to serveyou better next time you visit our hotel and will ensure to provide our utmost service and attention at all times. Looking forward to welcome you at Villa Rotana sometime in the very near future. Yours sincerely,Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Visited this hotel last week and I was amazed that Dubai standards would only class this hotel as 3*. You will not be disappointed with your stay. The hotel itself is mainly business orientated but welcomes tourists with open arms - this was my first time in Dubai and would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would like to recognise all staff at reception, breakfast and pool area as all were exceptional. I work in the service industry and the standards in this hotel are high. I have travelled the world and stayed in many 5 and 6 star hotels and would put this hotel for their service in the category of 4 plus if not 5. The facilities are great for a tourist, nice pool area, gym if needed and rooms spacious and cleaned to high standard. If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful relaxing hotel at a great price then I would 100% recommend. The hotel is also in a great location - we did use taxis to get about however they are cheap and to visit any malls in dubai the metro is only 5 minutes away. If manager of hotel reads this review you should be proud of your staff as I would employ many of them in my business.

Mrs Collington.

• Stayed March 2012
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Mrs. Collington, Greetings from Villa Rotana! Firstly we are delighted to know that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your stay with us. Such comment s are truly rewarding for me and my team to continually provide you our utmost service and attention at all times. We look forward to have you with us again for another memorable stay sometime in the very near With warm regards, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is a little gem of a hotel, the only low rise one on sheikh zhayed road. On arrival we were offered an upgrade to a suite for a little extra, we paid this and were not disappointed. We were first floor right at the front and didn't hear a sound from the 12 lane highway below. Beds were really comfy and the hotel is spotless. Staff are trained to make you feel a special guest and the concierge staff knowledgeable and friendly. A special thanks to Victoria and Michael who looked after us at breakfast and the delightful pool staff of which nothing was too much trouble including Allan. Breakfast was very good with something for everyone and the hotel is right by the brilliant and efficient metro which is spotlessly clean and got us all over the city.

If I had to find a problem it would only be to say that it's a shame the hotel isn't licensed as the food we had at lunch was great and we would have eaten in the evening if we could have had a beer and a glass of wine.

If we go back to Dubai and I hope we do, it's a gem then we will definitely stay here again.It's not one of the well known hotels but to be honest we went in a couple and didn't feel at home like we did at the villa rotana.

Keep up the great work your staff are the best!

Room Tip: Pay extra and have a suite it's well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SurreyHolidayfan
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana! Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to learn that we have met your utmost satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with our team members. We look forward to welcoming back on your next visit very soon. Best Regards, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This hotel has exceeded my expectations. The price I paid for the room was low enough to make you think you're paying for a three star hotel, yet the service you receive and the quality of the amenities was five star. I've arrived in Dubai on an overnight flight, with little sleep on the plane. I've opted for hotel transfer (which wasn't expensive), and got picked up in a new Range Rover. Once I arrived, the hotel staff all greeted me knowing my name already. Given that check in is meant to start from 2pm, I didn't expect them to have a room ready for me this early, nor that they will allow me to use it.Yet, they have let me check into my room there and then. That was a god send, I was really tired, and I went to sleep for an hour. I wasn't charged for an extra 'night' like most hotels would.

All staff were extremely polite, can't fault them one bit. The quality of the hotel is excellent. It's almost brand new. Very clean, very pretty. The studio room I was in was spacious. Very clean. The fitout was of high standard. Bed was new and comfortable. Bathroom was excellent too. ALl in all, I can't think of anything negative.

Breakfast was nice, wasnt the best I've had, but was of great quality. Good thing about this hotel is that the room price already includes breakfast.

I didn't use the facilities like the pool and gym etc so can't comment on those.

I will definately stay there agian.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan C
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana. Firstly we would like to thank for your kind comments it is truly insipiring for us to learn that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation. We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you at Villa Rotana in the very near future for another memorable experience with us.
Thank you and looking forward to your next stay. Yours sincerely, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager.