After a wonderful stay at the Villa Rotana, I can understand why this new, modern-style hotel constantly gets good reviews overall. All the staff (except for one gentleman I came across at the front desk) are extremely helpful and outgoing, always willing to offer assistance and be of service.
The common areas are spotless; the rooms are a nice size, quite comfortable and clean with a mini-refigerator, small cook stove, and dishes; the pool/gym/sauna area is rather small but quite adequate; and the breakfast buffet is pretty extensive, offering western, Middle Eastern, and even some Indian food certain days.
In total, the Villa Rotana must have the best cost performance in Dubai, considering what the hotel delivered in terms of what I paid. It provides true value, offering clean, down-to-earth service and tasteful surroundings without all the added frills you pay for (but which I don't need) in luxury hotels like a concierge, plush carpets, posh interiors, and fancy artwork.
Some basic points:
1. Location: About 5 minutes walk from hotel front door to train platform of Business Bay Station. Being near a metro station is a definite must, I felt, and the Villa Rotana is ideal. Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mail station is 1 stop. Taxi cost about 60AED from the airport, 40AED back, and 40 to Beach Walk, so hotel sits about midway between the Deira/Bur Dubai (souk) area and the Marina/Beach Walk.
2. What's Nearby?: If you go left out the door and walk one block you will find a supermarket, Turkish restaurant, fast-food chicken/burgers, and a shisha shop selling real items and not the tourist stuff like at the souks. If you go right out the door (toward the metro stop) for 1 block and you will find an ice cream and a doughnut shop. Before you get to the doughtnut shop, turn right (walk towards the back of the hotel) and you'll find a mini-market and a cheap, fast-food Chinese/Lebanese eatery. None of these eateries are deluxe by any means, but they look fine, will do in a jam, and provide some local atmosphere.
3. Breakfast. Some reviewers have criticized the lack of an "egg/omelet station" at breakfast. But all you have to do is ask. In fact, the servers asked me first if I wanted omelets, eggs, waffles, pancakes, expresso, etc., which the hotel provides freshly made, and not from the buffet.
4. Be aware: There is mosque nearby, so if you are in a room at the back of the hotel, you will get the morning "call to prayer". I am not fond of being woken up at 4:30 or so, but there is something exotic to the sound and it is part and parcel when vacationing in the Middle East. It doesn't last long. In fact, the last 3 nights I slept through it all.
5. What's not here: alcohol and a bar, gift shop, dedicated concierge/tour desk.
I whole heartedly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a convenient location, clean and comfortable accommodations/facilities, and excellent service from friendly staff, and all of this at a price that is very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Rotana-Dubai is conveniently located on Sheikh Zayed Road adjacent to DIFC and Dubai Convention Centre, 10mins away from the Dubai International Airport.Overlooking the Burj Dubai this hotel is perfect for business and leisure. The atmosphere and the ambiance embraces the uniqueness of local Arabian culture. Capturing the very essence of Dubai today, Villa Rotana facilities are sophisticated and contemporary, offering spacious and beautifully presented 118 studios and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Rotana - Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Rotana - Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Hotel Rotana Dubai