“Service excellence displayed because staff wanted too.”

Villa Rotana - Dubai
Ranked #77 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Visited this hotel last week and I was amazed that Dubai standards would only class this hotel as 3*. You will not be disappointed with your stay. The hotel itself is mainly business orientated but welcomes tourists with open arms - this was my first time in Dubai and would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would like to recognise all staff at reception, breakfast and pool area as all were exceptional. I work in the service industry and the standards in this hotel are high. I have travelled the world and stayed in many 5 and 6 star hotels and would put this hotel for their service in the category of 4 plus if not 5. The facilities are great for a tourist, nice pool area, gym if needed and rooms spacious and cleaned to high standard. If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful relaxing hotel at a great price then I would 100% recommend. The hotel is also in a great location - we did use taxis to get about however they are cheap and to visit any malls in dubai the metro is only 5 minutes away. If manager of hotel reads this review you should be proud of your staff as I would employ many of them in my business.

Mrs Collington.

• Stayed: March 2012
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Mrs. Collington, Greetings from Villa Rotana! Firstly we are delighted to know that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your stay with us. Such comment s are truly rewarding for me and my team to continually provide you our utmost service and attention at all times. We look forward to have you with us again for another memorable stay sometime in the very near With warm regards, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is a little gem of a hotel, the only low rise one on sheikh zhayed road. On arrival we were offered an upgrade to a suite for a little extra, we paid this and were not disappointed. We were first floor right at the front and didn't hear a sound from the 12 lane highway below. Beds were really comfy and the hotel is spotless. Staff are trained to make you feel a special guest and the concierge staff knowledgeable and friendly. A special thanks to Victoria and Michael who looked after us at breakfast and the delightful pool staff of which nothing was too much trouble including Allan. Breakfast was very good with something for everyone and the hotel is right by the brilliant and efficient metro which is spotlessly clean and got us all over the city.

If I had to find a problem it would only be to say that it's a shame the hotel isn't licensed as the food we had at lunch was great and we would have eaten in the evening if we could have had a beer and a glass of wine.

If we go back to Dubai and I hope we do, it's a gem then we will definitely stay here again.It's not one of the well known hotels but to be honest we went in a couple and didn't feel at home like we did at the villa rotana.

Keep up the great work your staff are the best!

Room Tip: Pay extra and have a suite it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurreyHolidayfan
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana! Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to learn that we have met your utmost satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with our team members. We look forward to welcoming back on your next visit very soon. Best Regards, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2012

This hotel has exceeded my expectations. The price I paid for the room was low enough to make you think you're paying for a three star hotel, yet the service you receive and the quality of the amenities was five star. I've arrived in Dubai on an overnight flight, with little sleep on the plane. I've opted for hotel transfer (which wasn't expensive), and got picked up in a new Range Rover. Once I arrived, the hotel staff all greeted me knowing my name already. Given that check in is meant to start from 2pm, I didn't expect them to have a room ready for me this early, nor that they will allow me to use it.Yet, they have let me check into my room there and then. That was a god send, I was really tired, and I went to sleep for an hour. I wasn't charged for an extra 'night' like most hotels would.

All staff were extremely polite, can't fault them one bit. The quality of the hotel is excellent. It's almost brand new. Very clean, very pretty. The studio room I was in was spacious. Very clean. The fitout was of high standard. Bed was new and comfortable. Bathroom was excellent too. ALl in all, I can't think of anything negative.

Breakfast was nice, wasnt the best I've had, but was of great quality. Good thing about this hotel is that the room price already includes breakfast.

I didn't use the facilities like the pool and gym etc so can't comment on those.

I will definately stay there agian.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan C
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana. Firstly we would like to thank for your kind comments it is truly insipiring for us to learn that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation. We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you at Villa Rotana in the very near future for another memorable experience with us.
Thank you and looking forward to your next stay. Yours sincerely, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

When you walk into the Villa Rotana you are blown away by the sheer cleanliness and oppulence inside the hotel. The European influenced interior is chic, oppulent and very welcoming. The staff are exceptionally friendly and treat all guests like VIP's. Its central location is also great for travellers who do not know Dubai.

I would highly recommend making the Villa Rotana part of your experience when visiting Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Natassia B
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana. Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It is delightful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming back on your next visit. Best Regards, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager, Villa, Rihab and Rimal Rotana

Reviewed 2 March 2012

It is a small and cosy hotel with very good staff. nearly 350 to 400 meters from Business bay Metro station. There is no place to dine near the hotel except a Dunkin Donuts.

The best thing about this hotel was their staff; i did not see this kind of hospitality even in the most expensive hotels.

Room size was ok; room had a small kitchenette as well which is very convenient for families. TV was of 21", which was a joke. They have a very nice pool and spa at top floor (5th floor)

The bathroom is small, congested and with basic amenities. i'd say the size of the bathroom may be is ok but they made it really congested with number of fixtures. the only reason i'll not stay in this hotel again is the bathrooms.

Room Tip: Go for Suites if you decide to stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member, Greetings from Villa Rotana! We are delighted to have learned that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and rest assured that we will continue providing our utmost to you our valued guest. Your comments have been shared with all our Team members. Looking forward to welcoming back on your next visit. Best Regards, Kinan Al Ghraoui General Manager