“Comfortable Stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #293 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel room was spacious with a kitchen, washing machine and large bathroom. The staff were very helpful with our luggage. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed. We booked a stopover through Emirates, so had transport organized to pick us up early in the morning from the airport, and return the next day, which worked very well. There is a full cooked Breakfast with a range of choices. Having a kitchen was good, with a fridge, so we could self cater if we wanted to. There is a supermarket down the road, which was interesting to explore. We also went on an organized tour during the day, so we were not reliant on the location of the hotel to reach areas of the city. The hotel is reasonably close to the airport, 20 minutes drive. Free Wi Fi is available downstairs in foyer. The hotel gave us a flavour of Dubai.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
Murray Bridge, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I booked into this hotel on line, having stayed many times in another place,
the photos looked good and the price with breakfast included was good.
When i arrived they didn't have the room i had booked on a higher floor, so i complained and very smartly they upgraded me to a fabulous suite.. huge master bedroom seperate, & lounge dining, seperate kitchen. wow it was good
All so beautiful and clean, and the staff were great. the only drawback for a hearing person
would be the noise of traffic as it overlooked the main street. But me being deaf didn't bother me at all. the rooftop pool is so lovley especailly in the early am.. I would definately stay there again.. You just have to stick to what you have booked for and they will respond positivally.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, avoid the rooms overlooking the street, especially on the lower floors and on...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kolkata, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Hotel rooms are good ,its got a kitchen and washing machine.good housekeeping & room service.good for both business and tourist stay.the location is ok.

Room Tip: one side of the hotel has balcony so you can request for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Campinas, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

As the hotel doesn't provide free shuttle from the airport, the only reason for me and my husband to book their transfer (more expensive than a taxi) was because we didn't want to look for a taxi and explain the location of the hotel after a 15 hours flight. I just wanted to find someone there waiting for us to go direct to the hotel. BUT NO ONE WAS THERE when we arrived. The airport staff was very helpful and called the hotel. We had to wait for a while and then they told us to take a taxi. The hotel paied the taxi, but I HAD TO PAY IT BACK IN THE CHECK OUT! We were located at a larger appartment as excuse, but the upgrade is useless if the thing you need most doesn't work - WE HAD NO INTERNET ACCESS! And the staff didn't seem to care about it. They just told us the problem wasn't at the hotel.
I and my husband don't have sleep problems but we couldn't ignore the NOISE DURING THE NIGHT. The hotel was making renovations in the swimming pool area at 3 AM!?!?!
I really enjoyed the location, but it depends on what you like to do. It is close to the Creek, easy access to Deira, Bastakia, Dubai Museum, etc. You can see more local residents (although expats - indians and pakistaneses, not emiratis) than tourists - nice for people watching. It is not so close to the resorts and entertainment areas in the city, but easy access to the metro. I would look for another hotel in the same neighbourhood next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Elen R
Ludhiana, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week. The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean. The food was OK. The pool area is nice.
Very nice location. Close to Burjaman Centre and not too far away from downtown or sheikh zayed rd.

But, there were a few problems.
Working girls from a disco across the street were parading into the hotel with their clients at night.
A friend of mine came to visit me but i was still 20 mins away from the hotel so the front desk staff obliged him by opening my room and letting him wait in there. They did not take my permission for that. They didnt even confirm from me if he even was my friend. Their answer was that he he knew my name and room no so ofcourse he was my friend.

In a nutshell, for this price range, there a lot many better alternatives.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business