“A night away with spa and dinner.”
Review of Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #10 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 3 August 2012

It’s not often I venture down to the creek and I will be honest and say that the Park Hyatt is a hotel in Dubai, I have never frequented or visited. However, after experiencing the hospitality it has to offer, and the fabulous spa, I am certain I will be back again.

First off, I arrived early before my friend to indulge in a 60-minute Amara massage, which is the Amara Spa’s signature treatment. The spa is beautifully constructed, simple and elegant, with touches of arabesque charm.

After enjoying some of the spas facilities, I was escorted to my massage room, where I was delighted to see something I have never seen before in Dubai’s spa’s, an outdoor area adjoined to my therapy room, whereby clients can enjoy a few minute of cool relaxation having their feet gently washed, whilst listening to the sounds of the desert birds singing. The outdoor area also has a delightful shower that clients can enjoy once their massage is complete. My deep rhythmical massage, together with the Amara signature massage oil, (a sumptuous blend of frankincense, amber and sandalwood) allowed me to drift nicely off to la la land.

60 minutes later I was awoken by my therapist and left to slowly arise from my state of pure Zen. Once ready, I was treated to some fresh tea, dates and fruits and taken to the spa’s relaxation area to rest for a while.

My friend had arrived 30 minutes or so later, so I headed to the lobby to meet her. Once checked in, we were escorted to our room. Our room was spacious, clean and had all Mod cons available, but the bonus point for me was the stand alone, deep set bath and our fabulous balcony with views overlooking the creek. STUNNING.

Once settled, and after a little afternoon siesta, our empty stomachs were growling for some grub, so we headed down to Café Arabesque for iftar. The restaurant hosted a good blend of local Arab and western expats, and as with all iftars, food was plentiful and I was spoilt for choice. I always say my eyes are bigger then my stomach and so these days at any iftar or buffet during the rest of the year, I always try and pace myself and eat food that is similar. I don’t understand these people who pile their plates up with several different types of food i.e.: Indian, Lebanese and sushi :S!

We finished the evening off, by chilling on our balcony, sipping copious amounts of mint tea, enjoying the view, nattering away and discussing details of my forthcoming wedding.

A very relaxing day/night all round and I highly recommend the Park Hyatt Dubai, as a treat for lunch/spa/dinner or for a nights stay on a special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desertspider
AngelaChristo, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's Amara Spa and the food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Dubai.
With kind regards
Director of Sales & Marketing

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Dubai

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed at the Park Hyatt a number of times in the past few years and everytime the service and facilities have been impeccable.

It is not on the fashionable side of the city or near the beach but it has a wonderful swimming pool and spa, is close to the airport and several malls and is attached to the Dubai Creek Golf course.

one of the best hotels i have stayed in and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's service and facilities as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We are always pleased to have guests returning to our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have been coming to Dubai on average for 50 nights a year for the last 5 years. I like to move around to different hotels. But I have stayed at the Park Hyatt about 20 nights this year. So, I have a pretty good feel for the place.

My favorite thing about this place is the serenity that you feel once you leave the hectic pace of Dubai and enter the hotel grounds. Here is a hotel that is 15 minutes from the airport, and in the middle of Dubai. But, feels like a resort when you in your room, or walking on the grounds

I believe all rooms come with a creek-view . There is great juxtaposition in the view from the room. Because right above the trees in the park across the creek is the Sh.Zayed Road skyscrapers and the Burj. The grounds are also situated between a marina and the golf course. So this make for nice strolls after work.

I have stayed in most room configurations and the only one i don't prefer is the Spa room. This has a lovely steam bath for two-four people. But for some reason it is not as well lit as the other rooms..and the layout leaves the bathroom sinks partially in the main room.

Staff in the hotel may be the best in Dubai. I honestly mean this. I have stayed at Burj,Grand Hyatt, Fairmont, Rotana's Shangri-La etc... There seems to be a hight staff to guest ratio and the staff are well trained. This hotel is sufficiently small that everyone knows your name after a couple stays. Special mention goes to Karim and Amy who always stop to say hi.

Here is one example from the last stay: I had a water leak in the bathroom that needed fixing. The moment, i callled. They sent someone to fix it and I agreed to switch rooms. For the inconvenience, they gave me a lovely upgrade for the rest of the stay and a bottle of wine and note awaiting me on the new room. Also, several days later, the manager grreted me on check-out to appologize for any inconvenience.

There is now a kid's Club. This is new. Also, the pool in peak summer was refreshing. So I think they fixed the issue a previous commenter had.

Here are a couple bullet point pro's (and con's so i dont appear too bias)

Pro's
- Terrace bar has good sheisha, and is peaceful with good views of the creek and skyline
- The Deira City Centre mall is across the road and a hotel buggy will take you for free right to the hotel entrance. So mall and Metro enterance is right across the road.. say 30 meters.
- The Friday brunch is one of the best in town.
- I use room service a lot and the quality is high, it comes pretty fast and prices are decent.
- Best rooms for a splurge are the corner ground floors with two terraces on the creek and a large, seperate bedroom ie 1112 (This was the room i was upgraded to)

Con's
- The hotel is happy to call a Dubai taxi, which are also waiting half the time. However, the hotels taxis, which are owned by a seperate firm, dont use a meter unlike others such as the Fairmont. So for instance 70aed to drop an item at Bur Dubai and return vs. 30-40 for a Dubai taxi.
- The hotel is low and sprawling. So some rooms are a hike from the lobby.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have terraces and access to the creek path, but less privacy. If you have kids...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Hotel was beautiful and comfortable. The hotel staff at the premises were exceptional and extremely attentive. The breakfast was one of the best we had and the Thai restaurant at the hotel was quite good. Location is convenient between the airport, the old city and Dubai mall. The room was spacious with an interesting modern layout and a nice big bath to help you relax.

All in all a good experience.

A negative thing though that almost ruined our experience was that we tried to mail the hotel with early check in inquiries, but we didn't get any reply at all. When arriving we were asked for half a day's rate for a few hours early check in. When complaining we were told the contact email provided during booking was of an employee who left the company, something we found very unprofessional for an organisation of the statue of Hyatt.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Haris42

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!

We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s location, the rooms, food and beverates outlets as well as the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product which we will of course be looking into. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in the near future.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Park Hyatt (not to be confused with the other 2 Hyatt properties in Dubai) has a fantastic layout- very close to the airport and right next to a golf course. The hotel is extremely welcoming and the staff very hospitable, We were part of a small meeting and used the conference facilities that were served efficiently and unobtrusively. Must say that the lunch layout with the extensive middle eastern salad fare was amongst the best i have come across. Surprisingly, no tooth brushes and shaving kits in the room as standard amenities and had to be called for separately.

Room Tip: All rooms face a creek so have a great view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's great location, meeting facilities and the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and kind regards,