“A little bit of old Arabia right in town!”

Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa
Ranked #146 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I found this hotel on the net through Expedia - what a find! Excellent concierge service and terrific staff. We arrived around midnight and were shown instantly to a lovely room. The bathroom was small but the room itself was large with many drawers/shelves etc. Wi fi was free in the rooms and the view was of the Dubai Museum opposite. Lots of shops in the area and a very safe neighbourhood. Walking distance to the water and Old Souk. The hotel has several good restaurants and lovely little sitting areas with lots of big cushions downstairs, plus an excellent tour desk.

They (and most of the hotels in Europe) don't cash travellers' cheque these days - go to the big money change place down the street.

This hotel is charming, very "Arabian" in furnishings etc., with an excellent breakfast in the package and glass lifts. Would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Diedre_11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed at Arabian Courtyard Hotel two nights after a 5 night stay at Atlantis Hotel.
Arabian Courtyard Hotel is opposite Dubai museum, close to Creek, Old Souk... Nice rooms; very friendly and helpful staff. We would stay there again.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

The hotel has good position, walking distance to the creek. Rooms are ok, but some of them have small bathroom and poor light. Breakfast ok, various cold and hot food. In smoking rooms, the smell is much too intense, even for smokers. Some rooms have nice views, with Dubai Museum, but the windows cannot be opened and are too dirty to enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with museum view, better on the upper floors If not smoker, specify very clearly tha...
1  Thank Monica G
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've just come back to the UK having spent 4 days in Dubai with family and I will tell you about this hotel we stayed in. Staff were very helpful and very friendly plus very pleasant to talk to if you need anything. The service was of excellent quality and make wonderful buffet breakfast. The location of this hotel is excellent in Bur Dubai, right opposite the Dubai Musuem and The Grand Mosque and it's easily accessible to the Dubai Creek for the Dhow Cruise or using a water taxi to get to the other side of the creek in Deira. The hotel do tours but you need to be specific in what you want - the tours they do are very reasonably priced compared to some places and the hotel itself is reasonably priced too. Requesting a taxi from the hotel is very quick and you don't need to wait long (1-2 minutes maximum) but you need to request a taxi at the reception. Going to Jumeirah Beach by taxi costs approx. AED 50 and to Dubai Mall AED 30-40 from the hotel - make sure you get a taxi that has a meter reading on it and ask for the receipt by the taxi driver. Remember that the rates do change after 7.00pm (a bit more expensive) but not by much. The only minor problem of this hotel is the check-in time, which is 2.00pm - this can be a problem if your flight landed early in the morning like ours did and this problem was addressed to the hotel staff by me so hopefully some action will take place sooner rather than later but overall this is a excellent hotel. They do early check-in subject to room availability but at a cost of AED 115 (or thereabouts). However they can keep your luggage in their storage room for free before you check-in at 2.00pm. Make sure when you catch a taxi from the airport that you get the one from the official taxi rank and don't fall into the trap of over-friendly people coming up to you shouting "taxi". The taxi fare from the airport to the hotel should be around AED 45-55 so if anyone charge you more, you have been ripped off. I wouldn't the hotel restaurants as it is overpriced and not that great by learning from other guests who were there. There are decent food places around there with reasonable prices plus a KFC 5 minutes up the road by walking and a cashpoint machine only 30 seconds away from the hotel,which will take Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Amex
I have read other reviews about complaints regarding the loud call to prayers around 4.30am close to the hotel - please bear in mind that this is a muslim country so expect the loud call to prayers so I urge you to respect that

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank TopKingofKings
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I booked 4 nights at the Arabian Courtyard through Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel, based on lots of good reviews and its apparent good value. Knowing I would be arriving late in the night, I called the hotel in the early evening to confirm my room would be available and remind the front desk that I would be arriving late in the night. They assured me that I had a confirmed reservation and everything would be ready.

Upon arrival (around 1 am), the night manager and receptionists acted as if everything was normal, took my credit card and my details, and just when we thought we would be led to our room, directed us to a car out front and told us we would be spending the first night in a nearby Holiday Inn. When I inquired as to why a few hours earlier the reservations desk told me my room would be ready in the Arabian Courtyad, the night manager gruffly explained that there was nothing he could do as other guests had extended their stay.

Not at all happy with having to make a 1:30 am switch to another hotel, I called Chase to make sure nothing went wrong on their end with the reservation (it had not), and then we begrudgingly went over to the Holiday Inn accompanied by the Arabian Courtyard night manager. At the HI, they proceeded to check us in to a normal room without breakfast at a higher rate (we had booked an executive room with breakfast and many amenities at the AC), and the AC night manager told us we would have to pay this night ourselves and then return to AC the next morning to check in to the room we booked there.

Frustrated with the poor service and lack of initiative on the AC's part to make good on the reservation and quality of room we originally expected with them, I inquired as to whether I could just stay all 4 nights at the Holiday Inn. The AC night manager must have given some secret code or look to the desk staff at the HI, because they told us there was only 1 night available. The AC night manager insisted we schedule a time for them to come pick us up in the morning and take us back to the Arabian Courtyard, but I insisted instead that he simply have his general manager call me in the morning.

In our room at the Holiday Inn (nowhere near the room quality or standard we booked at the Arabian Courtyard), I proceeded to search for available hotels knowing that I'd rather just get an entirely new reservation than go back to the Arabian Courtyard. What to my surprise, then, I found out that Priority Club was showing plenty of available rooms at the Holiday Inn. Without the night manager of the Courtyard in tow this time, I went back to the front desk where they promptly extended my current stay throughout the remaining 3 nights. It wasn't what we hoped for (an executive room with extra amenities and breakfast), but at least we wouldn't have to move again.

When the General Manager of Arabian Courtyard called in the morning, he had a completely different story than the night manager. He told us that the room we were confirmed to be in had a technical problem and they didn't want to be embarrassed by putting us there. If this is true, it would have been in the night manager's best interest to say this immediately upon our arrival -- I'm an understanding person and would happily have stayed one night in the Holiday Inn while they fixed our room. Instead, all we got was a late-night runaround about too many guests extending their stay. I politely declined the pleas by the GM that we return to the Arabian Courtyard, as we were already quite comfortable and settled in to our room at the Holiday Inn.

Lesson for the hotel staff: be honest up front about your troubles and people will understand. Don't lie about the reasons or tell someone a room will be waiting for them on arrival when clearly it will not be. Also, should you have to move someone to another hotel in the middle of the night, you should pull out all stops to make sure they are getting a similar treatment and level of service they would have received at a room at your own hotel (including executive level, breakfast, and any amenities) -- even if it costs you for your mistake. Oh, and YOU should pay for the difference in room cost -- not the guest.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends