“I never been to this hotel”

Coral Oriental Dubai
Ranked #421 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I booked this hotel and because of other reasons I had to cancel it. Their guidelines of cancelations are very misleading. It says if we can by 12 AM of the day of arrival. This confuses people easily and will lose money. It is actually the midnight previous day. To make it simple If we are suppose to stay on the 24th november, we should cancel it by 23 59 on the 23rd of november. So the Idea of 24th november 12 am is to purposefully mislead the customer so that they could charge £43 like they charged from me. So beware of this hotel and read all their small prints. And they also have never heard of something simple called 12 midnight or 12 noon or even 24 hour clock system.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank srekanth

Reviewed 14 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 8th jan. to 13 th jan.2011. The hotel is very nice, rooms also are too good. the only problem is with the manager and a couple of the reception staff. The manager is at his annoying best and still manages to keep a smile on his face. He would not even allow me and extra time for check out for even 2 hours saying that the hotel is overbooked on the day, whereas it wasnt the case.Moreover , when I asked the room service to send me an extra dish and a fork, she said they give in the room only 1 time in a day and if you want again , you have to pay extra 10 dirhams , ONLY FOR AN EMPTY PLATE! how ridiculous can they be?But the house keeping staff was really polite and soft spoken.always had a genuine smile on their faces and greeted all guests on seeing them.Infact they much more well mannered than their so called bosses.
Although , I have written many negatives about this hotel, It doesnt mean this is a bad hotel.Its jus about 3-4 staff people are inefficient. Otherwise , this really is a very good hotel.I'd recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2009

The hotel was slightly older than what I was expecting. The interiors are quite dark, and there isn't a lot of light in the common areas. The staff is extremely welcoming, very helpful and kind. At my arrival I discovered my travel agent caused some problems with my reservation, but the receptionists managed to sort everything out. The room was quite spacious, had a nice decor and was provided of all main facilities. In the bathroom I found the best toilestries ever...such a fantastic fragrance!! Breakfast was ok, and I particularly appreciated the big fruit selection. The hotel restaurant isn't excellent, and I preferred to have meals in other city restaurants. After all, despite its 4 stars, this is not the luxury hotel you might be thinking of when thinking about Dubai. But at the same time, I haven't found any reason be unsatisfied.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2009

excellent trip, hotel was brill. staff were very nice and looked after us well. breakfast fantastic. hotel was clean and room was very nice
no probs catchin taxis from outside the hotel, very near the markets and shops. hotel's private beach was amazing. made up for not havin a swimming pool in hotel

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ani23
Reviewed 10 June 2009

we got a good room with balcony. Also very good service. Market place and gold souk was within walking distance.we stayed there for 2 nights. I really loved the hotel and the yummy breakfast they served. only problem was to get a taxi, we had to wait for 10-15 mins.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family