“Adequate, budget friendly hotel.”

Coral Oriental Dubai
Ranked #398 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Adequate, budget friendly hotel.”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

A perfectly fine hotel for budget travellers; the room was reasonably clean, and the staff were pleasant to deal with.
I did initially have trouble finding the hotel though - the public transport directions that Google Maps had given me were wrong, and I spent 2hrs walking around in 37 degree heat (with a 20kg backpack) trying to find the place, and no-one I spoke to had heard of the place. So I would recommend people going here to catch the Metro train to the Union stop, and then catch a taxi to Naif Rd where the hotel is opposite the second mosque along - don't try and walk there like I did!
Compared to Western standards, I would think that the hotel is 2/3star, rather than the advertised 4 star - no frills, but like I said, it was perfectly adequate for people who would rather spend their money on exploring rather than just on where they are sleeping.

I stayed there as a solo female traveller, yet I would urge caution to anyone who is thinking of doing similarly. Whilst the hotel was fine, the area is not the best for single women, even if they are covered up. I originally tried walking to through the streets to the nearby Gold Souk (30mins walk away), however this was definitely not a good idea, and I quickly concluded that taking a taxi to and from attractions was a far better plan!
This being said, the hotel was fine, but for girls staying by themselves, please do be prepared to taxi to and from places - it's not too expensive, and it is always better to be safe than sorry!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Hotel claims to be a four star with rack room prices at around 700-800dhs. When advertised at 180dhs you believe you are getting a bargain. In reality this hotel would be lucky to get a 1-2 star rating and at 180dhs you really being ripped off. The rooms are small, uncomfortable and very dirty. We arrived to find stains all over the sheets, dirty used tights on the floor and marks all over the carpet. Unreliable running water- continually changing pressure and temperature from one extreme to the other. Breakfast inedible and poor selection. Sloppy presentation and preparation.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I booked this hotel and because of other reasons I had to cancel it. Their guidelines of cancelations are very misleading. It says if we can by 12 AM of the day of arrival. This confuses people easily and will lose money. It is actually the midnight previous day. To make it simple If we are suppose to stay on the 24th november, we should cancel it by 23 59 on the 23rd of november. So the Idea of 24th november 12 am is to purposefully mislead the customer so that they could charge £43 like they charged from me. So beware of this hotel and read all their small prints. And they also have never heard of something simple called 12 midnight or 12 noon or even 24 hour clock system.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank srekanth
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 8th jan. to 13 th jan.2011. The hotel is very nice, rooms also are too good. the only problem is with the manager and a couple of the reception staff. The manager is at his annoying best and still manages to keep a smile on his face. He would not even allow me and extra time for check out for even 2 hours saying that the hotel is overbooked on the day, whereas it wasnt the case.Moreover , when I asked the room service to send me an extra dish and a fork, she said they give in the room only 1 time in a day and if you want again , you have to pay extra 10 dirhams , ONLY FOR AN EMPTY PLATE! how ridiculous can they be?But the house keeping staff was really polite and soft spoken.always had a genuine smile on their faces and greeted all guests on seeing them.Infact they much more well mannered than their so called bosses.
Although , I have written many negatives about this hotel, It doesnt mean this is a bad hotel.Its jus about 3-4 staff people are inefficient. Otherwise , this really is a very good hotel.I'd recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 28 November 2009

The hotel was slightly older than what I was expecting. The interiors are quite dark, and there isn't a lot of light in the common areas. The staff is extremely welcoming, very helpful and kind. At my arrival I discovered my travel agent caused some problems with my reservation, but the receptionists managed to sort everything out. The room was quite spacious, had a nice decor and was provided of all main facilities. In the bathroom I found the best toilestries ever...such a fantastic fragrance!! Breakfast was ok, and I particularly appreciated the big fruit selection. The hotel restaurant isn't excellent, and I preferred to have meals in other city restaurants. After all, despite its 4 stars, this is not the luxury hotel you might be thinking of when thinking about Dubai. But at the same time, I haven't found any reason be unsatisfied.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business