Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$ 204.00
from US$ 272.25
from US$ 109.00
More Info
All reviews dune buggy private dinner private safari lots of fun these guys amazing adventure highly recommend this company dubai desert unforgettable experience latif leader route dunes camp quad activity safety
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2019 via mobile

Had a great time!
Professional service and amazing experience. Loved every bit of it...
non touristy, authentic, beautiful desert experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

My family and I had the most memorable time with Explorer tours on our Private dinner in the desert experience. From start to finish touch points the service was remarkable. An experienced and knowledgeable driver picked us up and gave us insights and info on the terrain throughout the drive. Following an exhilarating drive bashing the dunes in a well equipped and safe land cruiser, we drove to a private area where an exclusive dining experience was being set up while we got up to trying our skill at sand boarding for the very first time. It was truly remarkable as my kids got to experience something special in the desert and away from gadgets and technology . Later we basked in the sunset and soaked in the views of the Arabian desert and horizon while the kids had a blast riding the sand on the board. The night sky was magical and what was even more special was the opportunity to sit beneath a star lit expanse and enjoy a traditional Arabian fare. The food tasted fresh and delicious. The menu included salads , mixed grills, hot beverage and soft drinks. The setting for dinner was also truly authentic with Arabian carpets, majlis style seating and bamboo lanterns welcoming us to the magical dining experience. Overall one of the must-do experiences we’ve tried in Dubai and one not to be missed. This should feature on a bucket list and on top 5 experiences in Dubai. Would recommend this and definitely will come back with family and Friday visiting the city.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

I have lived in Dubai for the past 13 years and this is undeniably one of the best experiences I have had in the UAE. And hands down THE best adventure experience out there. We got picked up from our door step in a private Land Cruiser by a really friendly and professional driver. When we left the tarmac and got into the desert, it was clear that the driver was someone with awesome experience. Brilliant.

We got to the Dune Buggies in about 40 minutes from when we were picked up. Although I was a bit apprehensive of the Dune Buggy at first, as soon as we cleared the first sand dune my faith and confidence was restored. This was a beast!! Sheer power and undeniable control. The suspension was out of the world. Enough to feel the adrenaline but comfortable enough to keep the motion sick wife from calling out to the Heavens. The buggy has a broad base, so going belly up is almost an impossibility. The lead driver, who you follow was such a great guy. Knew the dunes like the back of his hand. Which is very important.

What is more interesting is that the buggy is not some of the shelf ATV. This one was designed and created by the owner of the company himself. It’s clear that hundreds of hours of R & D has gone into it. It impressive at first sight. The minute you sit in it and turn the ignition it screams power. Like I said this is a beast of a machine. The company is paramount on safety so there is a safety brief before the ride. They have invested in top of the range harnesses and helmets and googles etc. IF YOU ARE IN DUBAI YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!!

Our experience was finished of with a private BBQ dinner under the stars in the middle of the desert. Staring at dusk and soon you can see a million stars since there is. I light pollution. They have awesome, friendly and kind staff. Over all, it’s a must try experience. One that you will write home about.

1  Thank David J
Reviewed 8 April 2019

It looked like the lovechild of a lawnmower and a Komodo dragon, and I thought it was probably just a really low-slung dune buggy. The instructor promptly corrected me – it’s called a sand rail.

Whatever that is, this was a whole ‘nother beast. The ‘rail’ bit probably comes from the fact that this is as surefooted on the sand as something on tracks, no matter how hard you drive it, and it’s so low, there’s almost zero chance of going belly up (I think!). The engine’s got plenty of power, and it also steers really well. If you’re tall, use the lap strap, so you don’t bump you helmet on the roof. My friend drove first, like he was channeling his inner Stig – and like he’d never heard of the concept of braking, which made me a bit nervous, but I figured the sand provides enough resistance. In the driver’s seat, I was surprised by how confident I felt, even though I was a sand rail virgin. Apparently, these things are actually designed and custom-built by Explorer Tours themselves, and are alleged to be much better suited to the sand than dune buggies are (I haven’t driven too many dune buggies to know for sure). Still, though I’m no expert, this is what you could probably call extreme for everyone. I have almost zero skill on the dunes but the GoPro videos make me look like I actually know what I’m doing. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: April 2019
AkashRanjith, Owner at Explorer Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2019

Dear Leonard,

Thank you for such a kind review! A lot of hard work has gone into the development of this product and we are glad to see that our customers are seeing the benefits of our hard work.

We will keep striving to make our service even better in the future and look forward to hosting you again!

Kind Regards
Akash

Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

Hi I drove the buggies with a group of friends. We were asked to test the new them out.
Wow. Each minute I was in the new High Performance Sand Rail I pushed it harder and harder, trying to make it lose control. I was shocked at how comfortable it was and how much control I had. The level of performance was surprisingly high for the level of absolute confidence inspiring control it came with.
I will bring my wife back within the next year. She's normally afraid of things like this because she's a new driver, but I think she's really going to enjoy this as it's completely accessible to any level of driver.
Was a great experience, can't say enough good things about it.
Chris

1  Thank SailboatracingChris

Dear Chris,

Thank you again for coming along for our Dune Buggy experience and we are glad to see that you had an amazing time!

We look forward to hosting you and your wife soon.

Kind Regards