For me this was indeed a dream come true, I always wanted to experience of a REAL DESERT RESORT and I have to say that I was not disappointed.
This was truly a magical place, quite different to what I have experienced before (in fact that’s what I was looking for…). The resort was located away from the city , so If you are looking for a place to stay while visiting the city this may not be the place to be.
It was quite difficult for me to pin-point the most exciting thing about the resort since I truly felt in love with the desert resort concept as a whole, however if I need to pick one it would be the infinity pool. I felt so relaxed when I was in the pool and I almost forgot that I’m in the middle of the desert.
Even though you are in the middle of nowhere , you will not run out of things to do. When I was there, they had a falcon show in the evening and gave a feel camel ride to all the hotel guests. At night , you can either try the authentic Arabic restaurant ( just WOW,!!!! even if you not going to eat there, just go and see the place. ..) or the Indian restaurant ( I can’t comment on this as I didn’t try any of the dishes).
Overall, I had a famous stay here and the only MISTAKE I did was just to stay there only for one night. Since there is so much to do and see I would highly recommend two night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Prestigia, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa