“Very Good Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Very Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Would have been 5 star if it wasn't for the checkout difficulties. Almost missed our flight as checkout was showing problems with billing for breakfast. We had paid for half board but where getting charged for half board at checkout. Apart from that really beautiful relaxing place to be

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Saqub H
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing bringing this matter to my attention, please be assured that I will share this with the relevant department head to ensure that we avoid the same thing from taking place again in the future.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused upon your departure from our hotel.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at Dar Al Masyaf and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the near future.

Anne-Marie Houston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (890)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

This is our second time to this hotel. What a lovely time we had. Attention to detail was good. Butler service so good. This place can feel like there's no-one else staying there but it was 90% full. The rooms were excellent, service fantastic and the staff were very professional, helpful and very personable. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would think all rooms in the summer houses would be excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear Guest

The team and I are delighted to receive your comments and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Our guests' perspective is very important to us, thank you for all your gracious comments, I have shared this with the team.

Once again, thank you for sharing your stay experience and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

channel islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

This is the second year we have stayed at the Dar Al Masyaf and it was just as good as the first. Once again the butlers and housekeepers were outstanding. We stayed in Villa 29 and had a massive bed with the best pillows in the world. Slept brilliantly every night. Our room was ready for us by 10.30am after being welcomed with the usual cold towels and refreshing drink.
We had the Summer Flavours deal and tried Segreto, Latitude, Jambase and Go West which we hadnt sampled last year, all of them served us a great meal with service to match.
We spent most of our days on the beach and the boys there were on the ball with lollies, towels,smoothies, just great . The beach like the grounds was spotless.The buggy drivers were so friendly and chatty and the abras never let us down.
Our only complaint is the variations of the restaurants taking part in the Summer Flavours, the have they or have they not got a supplement? Please sort it out.
We will be back next year and look forward to having another great time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tynewydd25
MJGuestfeedback, Front Office Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and am delighted that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I have shared your feedback with the butler and housekeeping team, they are delighted to learn that their efforts are very much appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing to return to Madinat Jumeirah, we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We have just returned from our holiday in Dubai staying at Dar al masyaf (villa 27).From the begining of our holiday to the end,it has been a wonderful time.It was our wedding anniversary while we was there.A very big thank you to the butler named Pasha he made sure it was going to be special for us,roses,cake,fruit & a loverly anniversary card from all at Dar al masyaf.It was wonderful he could not do enough for us.Also we would like to mention the butler named Jaffar who also looked after us in the evenings with allour friends,wonderful company.We would recomend it. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: villa 27 is at the end of the complex,so you need a buggy or abra to go anwhere,we found it not a pr...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan H
Dear Guest,

Belated wedding anniversary and thank you for your complementary feedback on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with our service and product. Our team is very focused on extending the very highest level of service to all our guests and of course the beautiful surroundings of Madinat Jumeirah contribute significantly to the guest experience.

Thank you for choosing Madinat Jumeirah to celebrate your special occasion. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Anne Marie Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have been to Dubai 3 times stayed in the habtoor grand and the Atlantis this is the best hotel by far, I stayed in villa 29 one of my butler was ursharla she was fantastic my baby was I'll while I was there she got me a bottle sterilesa, she informed the manager that the baby wasn't well at the end of her shift I didn't no she had fun this, the manager phone my room to see how she was and to tell me that they have a doctor on call 24 hr that was very reassuring for me, then there was a knock at the door the hotel sent my baby 2 bunches of roses a teddy near and a get well card. Ursharla cloud not do another for us it was my mother and farthers anervasary over there ursharla surprised the with a cake and flowers in there room, what ever we need she was they for us. The hotel is the best I have stayed in everyone is so friendly and smiling all the time the buggy drives are 5 star as are the staff that meet the taxi they would lift my pram put it up for me take all my bags and they would be waiting for me back in the room. The pool is perfect the staff come with Ice lollys and cucumber for your eyes, cold flannles, crushed pineapple ice, one guy made my baby a sea shell with her name on it. I will 100% be staying again mrs miller

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mrs Miller

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the service and product at the property. Your kind acknowledgements to our butler colleague, Urshula is highly appreciated and I have also extended your comments to the rest of the team and they were equally delighted. I am proud to work with such a team who knows the essence on how to deliver the best customer service.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Dar Al Masyaf hopefully during the Festive season this year.

Anne Marie Houston