“One of the Best!”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #4 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I love this place! We have stayed at Dar Al Masyaf before and knew when returning to Dubai we would be back. We were remembered by a number of the staff which I found amazing as it was 2 years from our initial stay. This property is absolutely unique is so many ways and is an experience that adds to a holiday in Dubai.

This time we stayed in an Ocean Deluxe Room and in my opinion we were located in the best position. Our room was centrally located to the beach, the pool, the eating places and very rarely did we need to order a buggy. I loved the room although we had a couple of small things not working that were quickly fixed by the Butler. Our Butler Paul was great and tended to our every need. The other Butlers that took over from Paul were also good and we also caught up with one of the main Butlers from our previous stay Aisha. She is just beautiful and outstanding at her job as was Paul. Our room was clean and attended to possibly the best of where we have stayed ever. I forget the name of our Room Attendant but he was fantastic. Unfortunately for DAM he is moving to another of the Jumeirah properties.

My husband worked most of our trip and I aways felt safe and secure at this hotel. There is also plenty to entertain yourself with. This might sound a little strange but as we had seen most of the Dubai sights, I was happy to sun bake, read and just completely relax. Infact I would have to say it was one of the most relaxing breaks I have ever had.

We had a few of the most magnificent meals we have ever had at MJ's Steakhouse. The food is absolutely divine and I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Unfortunately I would say compared to our first stay though the rest of our meals including Breakfast were not up to the hotels previous standard. The variety is there but reduced from our previous stay (not a big thing) but the quality was poor most of the time. Not inedible by any means but by the end of our stay we skipped Breaky most of the time. The few times we ate at the pool the food was poor. On an upside they have the most amazing ice-cream bar located at the Pool and is difficult to avoid!!

The Spa is great and I thought better than my first stay. The Souk also I thought was better than our first stay.

In all - if you have the chance do not miss staying at DAM. Thank you DAM! We had an amazing time and I cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: If you can stay in a Villa Ocean front near the pool. This is a massive property which requires you...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your complimentary review on TripAdvisor, following your subsequent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf. This will certainly motivate our team to continue to deliver the best service to all our guests. It is always very rewarding to receive such compliments as the team endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves with great satisfaction.

I have shared your feedback with regards to the quality of food at our restaurants with the concerned departments and we are taking the necessary actions to resolve the various points that you felt had fallen below our normal high level of service. It is certainly not our intention to reduce our service and standards across the resort and I thank you for taking the time to constructively highlight your personal experiences.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Anne-Marie Houston

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Returned back to DAM ( Dar AL Masyaf ) this June after a fab time last year , this time bringing our 15 year old daughter .

Asked for villa 28 or 29 as this was a quiet location near to the souk through Segretto, with no passing traffic . Stayed in 28 last year 29 this year .

Had an excellent stay ( as usual ). The summer flavours half board and the 6-8pm drinks making it a really good deal . ( great company with other guests between 6-8 also )

Hope to return again next year , keep up the good work as most people we spoke to were returning guests ,which speaks volumes !

Room Tip: Loved villa 28 / 29 as quiet with no passing traffic and close to the souk , short cut through segre...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage to Madinat Jumeirah and also for posting such a great review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your 2nd stay at Dar Al Masyaf. Your feedback will certainly motivate the entire team of Madinat Jumeirah.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your 3rd visit to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Perfect yet again check in was quick stayed in villa9.Thank you to the butler's especially Adil,Freya's,Nash.Service in all the restaurant's is great thank you once again for a perfect holiday see you next year.

Room Tip: Gulf view rooms are very spacious and grand.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed all the facilities and services that we provide to our guests in the resort. Our team is very focused on extending the highest level of service to all our guests and I have also passed your feedback to the butler team in villa 9.

Once again, thank you for making Dar Al Masyaf your destination of choice and for your continued loyalty towards Madinat Jumeirah. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah next year.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Where do I begin.... from the moment the taxi arrived at the front of the hotel to the moment we left to come home the staff couldn't have done any more or been any nicer. We were made to feel like royalty by everyone that we encounted!!! The hotel is ranked here on tripadvisor as #2 in Dubai and since having stayed there I can clearly see why that is!!!! Even although the temperatures soared above 40 degrees the staff were always on hand to offer ice cold flannels and ice lollies by the private pool. The private butlers were also readily available by the poolside should you wish to order food or drinks and the 'happy hour' lasting from 6pm to 8pm went down a treat with free beverages in the 'majlis' of the villa for everyone to meet and enjoy!! The meals we ate in the restaurants of our choice (and there's 45 to choose from) were all of outstanding quality with service to match!! Well done to the management and staff for running such an efficient and clean hotel in the what i can only describe as the grandest hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katrina K

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf and that your holiday continues to remain such a fond memory for you.

I would also like to thank you for your kind recognition of our colleagues, who have looked after you during your stay and also the quality of our restaurants and bars. I am sure that the team will be thrilled to receive your glowing feedback.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and I truly appreciate your high recommendation of our Hotel. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I'm currently staying here and my wife and I are pretty gutted about it. We had booked it as it was the highest reviewed place on Tripadvisor (that's not out in the desert anyway). I can't believe everyone else thinks it is so amazing.

We had come from another Jumeira hotel in Abu Dhabi so were expecting the same high standard of service, especially as this place cost quite a bit more. From the moment we showed up in the hire car the service has been disappointing. We pulled up and struggled to get some help with the cases, likewise later when going out in the car I found it difficult to get anyone to help me get the car. I asked somebody in the lobby and he told me to go outside, nobody approached me and there was no desk or anything, so I just had to go round asking people if they worked there. Really poor.

All of these hotels are part of one sprawling complex with these villas at one end of it. It sounded nice in theory but the reality is you are at the mercy of the boats and golf buggies to move around. The room is nothing special, we had high expectations hence being so disappointed. Our view is of a drain and some kind of old tripod that's fell over. Awesome.

The main pool is like something from the Costa Del Council-house. Millions of people crammed round a shallow pool, beach balls flying everywhere and full of inflatable dolphins etc. Not exactly 5 star relaxation I can assure you.

As for the private pool at the villa, it is shared by several villas (ie dozens of rooms) and it is like a kids paddling pool. I have just been out trying to swim in it and it's no good, it's 0.9m deep at the DEEP END and so shallow at the other end that it's difficult to get wet in it.

Conclusion: I feel physically sick at the money we have wasted on this.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
21  Thank zipfish
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedbacks following your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah. We truly value your comments as it is only from guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence. At Madinat Jumeirah, we take our guest feedback very seriously and nothing would make me happier than to have you return as our guest.

I am of course, most concerned to learn of your disappointments and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned for achieving. Please allow me to reassure you that I have personally addressed your feedback with the concerned department heads to ensure that we revisit all these issues and minimize the risk of them reoccurring.

I do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to restore you confidence in Madinat Jumeirah and will visit us again. Should an occasion arises in the future, please do contact me direct so that I can personally meet you and look after your requirements.

In the meantime, I remain