“Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
london
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a lovely hotel with a wide choice of restaurants. Food is little expensive though at the restaurants. Rooms are nice and spacious and staff are generally very friendly. Very nice to move around the hotel complex on the waterways around the resort by the boats.

Room Tip: Don't get ground floor rooms, would have been nice to have a clear view of the hotel and beach!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paramLondon
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank your complementary feedback on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with both our service and product. Our team is very focused on extending the very highest level of service to all our guests and of course the superb surroundings of Madinat Jumeirah contribute significantly to the guest experience.

Thank you for making Al Qasr your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Anne Marie Houston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Very nice place facing to the Persian gulf. Kind smiling staff, Very welcoming and fast check-in. Fantstic kids club including water activities. Nice, clean rooms with comfortable bed. Good quality breakfast, lot of choices. Nice pool area, nice garden, Very beautiful water road around the resort and you can ride on water taxies for an amazing trip.
But some thing a bit bad : Poolside restaurant for breakfast was a little far from main building and time waiting for little cars to go there was sometimes long ( Even to 15 minutes). We traveled in the summer and weather was so hat to go there by walking and my little son can't wait so many minutes for breakfast. And second thing : If you stay in first or second floor in the main building, you see from your window only palm tree stalks and nothing else. We stayed last time in Jumeirah beach hotel and there was really beautiful view of the Persian gulf.

Room Tip: Not in 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor in the main building.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Zina1974
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your review on the TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I have passed your feedback to the rest of the team and they are delighted to learn that their hard work is very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and for recommending our Madinat Jumeirah. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Al Qasr, hopefully in the very near future.

The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Al Qasr hotel facilities are lovely. The rooms were nicely appointed and clean, with suitable ammenities. The beds were very comfortable. Immediately upon check-in the hotel attempted to raise the rate per room per night from the booked rate, but I had the confirmed room rate with me. We booked 3 rooms and stayed 7 nights. I noticed after 4 nights that clean towels weren't replaced in the bathroom and the fresh fruit bowl disappeared entirely. The downward slide in service toward the end of our stay was surprising in a 5-star resort and not the level of service I had previously received at other Jumeirah properties. The food in the hotel restaurants was shockingly expensive for Dubai and for the quality received. Additionally, the breakfast buffet was filled with people wearing swim suits in the restaurant who were scantily covered with either skin tight and wet, or completely see-through mesh coverups. Way too much information to see over breakfast. Never attempt to pay for this hotel using a debit card. Check out took over an hour and we missed our flight out because of the delay. When I called the hotel from the airport to complain that the lengthy delay in check out had cause us to miss our flight they offered 2 rooms at half price. Not wanting to risk another missed flight, I declined and stayed at the JW Marriott instead.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

As you mentioned in your review that we attempted to raise the room rate upon check in, what actually happened was that our Front Desk colleague was trying to offer you a higher room category with a special supplement that can be charged directly to your room bill. This is something that we offer to all our guests upon check in, pending the availability of the rooms, in case they wish to enhance their experience.

I am mostly concerned about the check out process and would like to sincerely apologise that the process took a long time which caused you to miss your departure flight. I can empathise with you as the last thing one wants is to have an unpleasant end to their holiday. There was a problem with the authorization of your debit card and I believe our Front Desk team had offered you to sign on our express check out form in order to expedite the process. Upon receiving the call from the airport, the team had also offered you to stay one more night at our hotel at a special rate so that you may catch your flight the next day. I believe these resolutions were declined.

On a more positive note, I thank you on behalf of the team for your feedback with regards to our hotel facilities, the room and amenities. I have shared your feedback regarding the room amenities and the housekeeping service to ensure that these will not be reoccurring.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention and despite of the team efforts to assist you upon your departure, I do apologise that the problem resolution was not satisfactory for you. I hope that in the near future you will have another opportunity to visit Dubai in order that we may restore your faith in our focus for service excellence.

In the meantime, I remain available for further dialogue.

Anne-Marie Houston
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Just returned on the 10th June. Again this hotel never disappoints, great friendly staff and service. I find it hard to fault this hotel. Can't wait to go back soon. Agree with previous review that Vino should be in the kids club, he was great with all the kids. Keep up the good work Al Qasr

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Martin B
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read of your review following your recent stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah. It is always very pleasing to learn that many of our guests choose to return to Dubai and elect to stay in a Jumeirah property.

I also would like to thank you for acknowledging many positive elements during your stay. At Madinat Jumeirah, we strive to achieve our commitment to provide our guest with the best of service and products. I have also passed your feedback to Vino and as I have mentioned in the previous review, we will definitely look into this his movement to Sinbads.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah soon.

Anne-Marie Houston
HALE, CHESHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

This complex is faultless!!!
From the minute you arrive you are treated like a princess. I have stayed at the Madinat Jumeirah 3 times so far including the private beech front villas.
The staff are so attentive and the attention to detail throughout the complex is second to none.
There are that many bars & restaurants to choose from you will never be bored in fact I guarantee you will be truly spoilt with each and every dining experience you encounter.
Gym lovers please be aware you are going to have to workout hard when you arrive back home but it's definitely worth it!!!
Rooms are lush, beds extremely comfortable, bathrooms simply stunning. It boasts a huge pool area, beachfront location with sun longer waiter service so you never have to move for anything if that's what you like. The butlers in the Villa's are the best I have ever had. Each night upon retiring to my room via the waterway taxi's my butler would be notified of our return and before I arrived to my room I would have a glass of cold milk and a hot chocolate waiting on my bedside for me.
What more could I ask for. Nothing was ever a problem. The staff all went above and beyond to make my holiday perfect.
I highly recommend a visit to the Madinat Jumeirah to all.

Room Tip: Request a beech front room the view of the complex is stunning at night. Mina A salam is more chil...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your comments and on behalf of the team, I would like to sincerely thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements experienced throughout your stay; from the service and facilities that we provided at the Resort to your feedback in regards to the team. They certainly play a significant role throughout in ensuring that your stay is memorable and I will definitely share your feedback with them. Your feedback is always very important as it helps us to continue evaluate and improve our services and product range.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and for recommending our Madinat Jumeirah. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.