“Once more: centre of excellence”

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #10 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Vienna
“Once more: centre of excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Like last year we stayed again-this time only one night march 7/8,cutting the flight Joburg-Delhi in 2 parts-at the Al Qasr Jumeirah andI only can repeat, what I wrote already last august: This is in fact one of the very best hotels- for example: imagine,we arrived in Dubai around 5 in the morning, in the Al Qasr then some minutes before 6.00 , perfect check in,immediate upgrading to one of the villas, entering the very big suite 6.30 and finding prepared already in the room
a perfect complete breakfast!
A very welcome surprose after the lang flight!

Everything else-facilities,room,service,restaurants,transfer etc etc was,what it was already
last year- and that from my point of view is the best review,somebody can contribute!

Room Tip: choose the best quality of room!
2 Thank ratpackvienna
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback foloowing your second stay with us.

We at Madinat Jumeirah are continuously striving to improve our services and products, therefore your feedback is very valuable and I thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Once again thank you for your continued loyalty and for recommending Madinat Jumeirah as the "Centre of Excellence. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Anne-Marie Houston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at the Al Qasr for a week for our 10th anniversary and couldn't have expected better.
The hotel itself is truely spectacular and from driving up the golden horse lined entrance to checking in to exploring the complex I can honestly say you will love it here.
The beach and pool areas are top class as you'd expect.
The choice of restaurants is unbelievable for a hotel of this size, and my favourite was Pier Chic, what a location and the food was incredible. We also ate at the Burj Arab but felt a little uncomfortable, Pier Chic is far more welcoming and the food was better.
A must is the Friday Brunch, I overheard a resident saying it was the only brunch in Dubai that had a map, that's how big it is. Search Al Qasr and brunch map and you'll get an idea what to expect.
Every time you leave the room it is serviced, the levels of house keeping are top notch.
Dubai is a facinating and exciting place that I will definately visit again, soon hopefully.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil W
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your anniversary. Thank you for choosing to stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah to celebrate a very special occasion in your life.

I was delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to Pierchic, our Brunch at Al Qasr and also the Housekeeping service are highly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the near future.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Fantastic fantastic fantastic , our second stay in a Jumeirah hotel they just have it spot on! Ok so you pay more but it's worth it - if you enjoy attentive staff who can't do enough for you surrounded by luxurious surroundings then this is the venue for your perfect holiday.

We can't fault our week in this hotel, the staff were amazing , the choice of restaurants was perfect - attention to detail is certainly something Jumeirah prides itself on , pool boys walking round offering slices of cold cucumber for your eyes, then offering guests ice lollies and bottles of water. in addition the hotel has a policy where all staff must greet the guests when passing, it makes for an extremely pleasant environment.

We will be returning again towards the end of the year, we have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Oh and almost forgot to mention, the beds are heavenly so so comfy!

3 Thank Nikki C
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor, following your second stay at Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities provided for our guests within the property.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, by the end of this year.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

There is no need to write a huge review, this hotel is amazing, that's all you need to know.

My Wife and I will definitely be returning in the future, although we will probably try the Mina Al Salam next time (Just for a change).

1 Thank Daniel H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have visited this hotel with my husband on 10 different occasions and I think it's totally gorgeous!! The reason for such a high number of visits is that I have been to many hotels around the world and I've got stuck on this one because I know if I go anywhere else, I will compare it to this hotel and it just won't match up! The hotel is in 3 parts but all linked and on the same site -Al Qasr, where we stay. Mina al Salam and then there's the Dar al Masyaf villas and they are all great.

The whole place has been built with so much imagination and attention to detail. It is set on a beautiful water-way (like a mini Venice - but not smelly!) where traditional 'Abra' boats take you around to different parts of the hotel (although you can also walk) - very romantic, especially when going to dinner at one of the huge range of restaurants on site. This means that even if you don't book a sea view room, you will most likely still see water, as the waterway runs all around the hotel. Everything possible has been thought of and the entrance to the Al Qasr part of the hotel where we stay is breathtaking. I am still in awe each time I go! The rooms are really tastefully decorated in an Arabian style and the beds are seriously comfortable- I so want one at home! The bathrooms are also very luxurious. The two pools are really gorgeous and there's plenty of sunloungers. The whole hotel has a very posh feel about it, but not snobby that you feel out of place if you're not exceedingly well off.

On top of that, the hotel is on the best bit of beach in Dubai, Jumeirah beach and it has an amazing view of the Burj al Arab hotel, which is a joy to watch in the evening as it has a light show every night (better than staying there when you can't see any of that from inside - I've stayed there, so I know!), where it changes colour and lights up the area. If you eat at Zeng He's, a wonderful Chinese restaurant, the view is spectacular and also from the beach restaurant and bar, 'Shimmers'. The beach is lovely and clean and there is also a watersports centre.

The staff are all amazing and everytime I go to Madinat Jumeirah, I am made to feel like a Princess! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and now as we have been there so many times, it feels like home from home as we have got to know so many lovely people. Everyone goes out of their way to speak to you and make sure you are having a good time. It's a refereshing change from at lot of European hotels, where the quality of accomodation and service really don't match up to what I've become accustomed to in Dubai. The hotel restaurants are wonderful, with plenty to choose from and I've written a seperate review about MJ's Steakhouse, which is our favourite, but we also love The Wharf, Pai Thai, Zeng He's and Pier Chic (as it's name suggests is at the end of a man-made pier looking back at the whole of Madinat Jumeirah and views of the Burj). You never really have to leave the hotel if you don't want to - which we never really do as we just want to be totally lazy and the quality of everything is so good that there's no need to!

Great shoping at the 'Mall of the Emirates' is only a short taxi ride away and other shopping centres are also not too far and taxis are extremely cheap.

There is a fantastic spa at the hotel, 'Talise' and it's well worth a visit. I've had a few really relaxing massages there and my husband too and the whole area is just so relaxing. There is a 'souk' at the hotel too, which has some shops, including a pharmacy, cafe's an ATM machine|(very handy) and restaurants too, and a Starbucks!

Now that I have a young son, we have continued with our visits to Madinat Jumeirah, as it is such a safe place for children to be and there is a brilliant kids club 'Sinbad's' where the staff are super friendly and the kids pool is under a canopy, so it offers a lot of shade. As the hotel is part of the Jumeirah group of hotels, you can also use the kids pool and club at the neighbouring 'Jumeirah Beach Hotel' which is also fab and you can take one of the hotel golf buggies to get there and it only takes a few minutes. There are so many lifeguards it's unbelievable. At most hotels they don't even have one, but here there are more than enough both at all of the communal pools and on the beach! There is also a lifeguard on each of the villa pools and at the spa pool too. The lifeguards are all properly trained and if you're up early enough, you even see them doing training in the morning before starting their shift.

For those of you with children, there are qualified baby-sitters to give you a bit of a break and they can work during the day as well as in the evenings and were very reasonably priced. We used Helen (from Lifeguard team as we already knew her from pervious stays and she was familiar with our son) and also Mona Lisa. Both were wonderful.

There is also a doctor on site, which is great and you can go to them or they can come to your room, depending how sick you are. This is good to know when you have a young child with you and we have used this facility when my husband was ill on one trip and my son had a throat infection on another.

To add a little something extra, the hotel also provides little treats throughout the day when you are on the beach or by the pool such as ice-lollies, fruits, cucumber for your eyes and cold flannels - I told you they'd thought of everything!

Each time we go, we are never disappointed - in fact it seems to get better and better - and we are really looking forward to our next visit!

I just want to give a special mention to a few people, so you can look out for them too, that help to make our holiday evern more special - At the restaurant, Khaymet al Bahar, there is Chef Rashid, Chef Victor and Chef Joseph, waiters, Rolando, Kushan, Dinesh, Elvis and Sanka, Moanlisa at reception and Darren the manager. We go there every morning for breakfast, as it's the restaurant at the pool with a view of the sea as well, so we know a lot of people. At MJ's Steakhouse, it's waiters Agnelo and Duminda, Assistant Manager Safraz, Chef Eddie. At the Premium Leisure Club, it's Sid, the barman, Ole the Manager, Heidi,
Dane the manager of 'Shimmers' the beach restaurant and bar, Maggie who was in charge of the nightclub, Trilogy, Helen one of the pool lifeguards, who also did a fantastic job of babysitting our son , as I mentioned and Katy the lifeguard manager. Also, there is another Helen at Sinbad's Kids Club, Mickey and Pinkies. BeBe, manager at Zeng He's Chinese Restaurant and... all of these staff members are headed up by a fantastic Hotel General Manager, Ms. Houston, who we have got to know over our many visits and who we think does an amazing job and her assistant Nadine. I know there's loads more that I haven't mentioned, but I could go on all day!

As you can see, I can't stop singing the praises of this place and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone :-) Hurry up and book and have an amazing time!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Nicky909
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah. It is always wonderful to read of guests who continue to choose to stay at Madinat Jumeirah over the many holiday options available. I am particularly delighted to read that your recent holiday with us was again a very enjoyable stay.

Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of particular team members and it is always with pride that I personally recognize their efforts to exceed expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions. I shall certainly extend your kind comments to these colleagues and thank you for offering this feedback.

I appreciate you recommending our Hotel and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your second home in Dubai, Madinat Jumeirah.