“AKRA Good property, pathetic service”

Ramada Continental Hotel
Ranked #419 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Location is good. Property is good also but service is very poor as most of the staff is Indians. Even butter was not present in breakfast and overall menu was small. shampoo were not being placed once used tube is lifted by housekeeping. A good indian club on the ground floor. Entry is free but once you seat they force you to order and give money to dancers for which no invoice is given. strage!. you can not sleep till 3AM due to clubs noise coming to your room.

Room Tip: Better on 2nd Floor as no club on it. you can sleep early.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank makra1

Reviewed 15 December 2011

There are many good hotels in Dubai, but this is not one of them. The first thing you need to know is that there are massage services on the top floor and if that makes you suspicious, it should. There are also many Russian women in the bars and they're not there to promote Russian business interests. Of course, that may be what you want and if it is then look no further -- you've found it.

I know no other Dubai hotel that tries to hold on to your passport until you check out, but this one does. If they try to keep yours, do what I did and demand it back. The law in the UAE requires them to take a copy of the page in your passport that has your entry stamp on it but it does not require that they keep it and there may be times on your trip when you need it.

The food is not good at any time but breakfast is awful. The hotel has an unpleasant smell about it and it's the smell of dirt. The towels in your bathroom will be old and grey, the bed will be hard and the pillow will not help you to sleep. On the plus side, it's close to the airport; on the minus side it's a long way from main shopping and business areas. On the other hand, there's a Metro station right outside.

It's cheap, but it isn't THAT cheap -- if you haggle before you arrive you don't have to pay much more to be in the Five Star Murooj Rotana and, if you want to be close to the airport, the Al Bustan Rotana is almost the same price (Yes, I'm a Rotana fan and I have a Rotana Rewards card but I'm not a Rotana employee or stooge). The Crowne Plaza is walking distance from the World Trade Centre if that's where you're heading, it's about the same price and it's a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel :-)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Bagster
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We had a Banquet Event and everything was cleared and understood by both parties until the function begin.

It was a Wedding Reception booked for 240 and less than 200 people turned up.

- Starter were over even before 60% crowd could eat

- Mike that was to be used to announce during the Bride and Grooms entry was not working, the incharge was asked to change it asap and he came only after 20 mins

- Service Extremely Slow inspite of bringing it to the attention of the function incharge it never improved

- Starter were discussed and agreed as Floating service or Pass around but these were pre plated and left on the Tables

- We asked to reserve a few tables for close family, it was done but not controlled and hence the close family was not around the bride and the groom

- As a part of the package we had a wedding cake and was requested for a chocolate truffle cake which was agreed upon with an email confirmation but a vanilla cake was brought instead

- On the day of reception was Wakat Arafat so no music and no alcohol is allowed and we understand that but it wasn't notified to us prior and was told to us a day before the event. Which Inturn the Asst F n B Manager tells us to play music but at our risk. (which is so disrespectfull of the law)

These were a few concerns raised by us to the event incharge and the Asst F n B Manager and very rudely we told these are tricks u people play at the end to have something comp off. That was the last thing and was very disrespectful and we didn't ask anything further instead just paid and left.

The only last thing told to him was that I would like to meet the General Manager of the hotel along with the Asst F n B Manager he said, he would schedule an appointment and call me back and have heard nothing

All in all what was promised and communicated was not delivered and after that the staff was not even courteous or appologitic they just behaved like nothings happening

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 4 October 2011

It wasnot a good experience in Dubai.
The beds were uncomfortable and the staff werenot friendly to guests.
The breakfast buffet had not sufficient quality and the lunch was bad.
But the price seems good.
It is near to airport but far from shopping centers.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank FarzinKZ
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My Tour to Dubai:

These problems I had suffered during my stay in Dubai.

1 At the time of arrival, Driver was feeling uncomfortable with me due to I was late to come out , As per him he was waiting for me from last half an hour and other Ramada passenger were also suffered.

Note: E k 603 delay for one hour fifteen minutes (1:15) from Karachi at least concerned should check the confirmation of arrival time before sending a car /bus.

2 The hotel which has been booked for me was a night mare, my room number was 113 which is situated on first floor and very near to restaurant and in our section there were group of bachelors it was very difficult to sleep I had request to hotel people to change the room but nothing happened and specially reception had very rude attitude. I was with my infant the baby cot was already requested it was broke when we put baby in the cot and had felt down and injured her head. My relative called from Karachi and other areas but I didn’t get any message infact my sister called me in morning at 9:30 am from Abu Dhabi I was not in my room, having breakfast I received message at 8:30 pm, when I received message she and her family with me in hotel. Their so many thing which happened but I just want to ask one thing is it 4 star hotel.

Afzal Biabani