“My fav Indian in Dubai!”
Review of Patiala

Patiala
Ranked #391 of 10,518 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Patiala, the only authentic Indian fine dining restaurant in Downtown Dubai, is now open at Level 3, Souk Al Bahar. Fusing authentic Indian flavours with contemporary interiors in an unparalleled urban setting, the new, fully licensed restaurant has flown in its team of chefs direct from Delhi. The result is signature dishes and authentic recipes that are rarely tasted outside of India in an environment designed to appeal to Dubai's discerning diners.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I love Patiala - great service, super food (a unique Indian food style - deserve to be tried), nice local.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by several people so felt it was a must do. Indian food is my favourite so I was really looking forward to it.
The food was good however I kept comparing it to my favourite Indian in London, where the same food would be a fraction of the price and slightly better.
Anyway, this was upmarket Dubai so maybe a price comparison is not fair.
We ordered some little starter dishes which were fine but not spectacular. For mains we went with butter chicken and sag paneer. We enjoyed both and portions were large. Sides of nan and rice were also good. So what was missing? I think it was high price/ high expectations and in the end not quite meeting those expectations. I would not return because I believe food of equal quality and flavour can be found elsewhere in Dubai for a lot less. The bill was over 500AED for 2, and our drinks were just 2 bottles of sparkling water. I think that if you market yourself as a fine dining restaurant and prices to match then you have to deliver a top notch experience and for us this just didn't hit the mark.

1  Thank deirdreroberts1
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Yes here are are again for Dinner

The food is absolutely amazing to taste. I have tried every 4.0 plus rating Indian restaurant and Patiala wins hand down with a rating of 5

Head chef Bharat is the magic for the amazing experience every time.

The staff too are pleasant and well experienced.

I can be very very blunt with bad service and won't think twice to share a bad review.
Patiala is just brilliant every time with their food and service.

Chef Bharat you make Patiala win the best Indian restaurant of 2018 for sure!!!!!!

Let's not forget the two amazing service team members Rohit and Joy.

These two together make the service rock

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

In terms of Food taste, it was authentic and delicious. Very Friendly staff. My 10 year old daughter was let into the kitchen and the Chef showed her various things how they prepare food, that was lovely experience where I could record everything. Only boring thing is that there is no good view of outside from the restaurant, it appears very closed and inside place but not very lively.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Very expensive, not what we were expecting. Service was good but we were looking for a traditional Indian restaurant and ended up with a more progressive take on our traditional dishes. The butter chicken had some citrus thing going on, and the lamb curry had a smoky taste. Not bad, but seemed to try too hard.