“Awesome Place for Family N Solo Traveller”
Review of Saffron Hotel

Saffron Hotel
Ranked #415 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I am a solo girl traveler. It was my first visit to Dubai in Jan 2017 this year. I booked this property via booking.com at an amazing price. I stayed there for 3 days. Its well connected via metro which is at a walk able distance. Its difficult to have Indian food but i didn't face any challenge with the food here. A big thank you to the entire team :). Rooms are very neat and clean. Staff is sporting.

Room Tip: Front facing room gives you an amazing view from the Balcony
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Honestly, wuld say this is Genuine and clean hotel. Stayed 3ngts enough spacious for bachelors twin bed. My recommendation is best for Family& single, very near to metro, budget hotel, paid wifi :( , friendly reception, i dont know y i couldn't make local calls from intercom..uneasy.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 20 January 2017

First off the reception team are 'so cheerful".....actually they were grumpy and looked miserable. They do not greet you when you arrive or when you need to ask a question. Perhaps that is because they assume you have a problem, which in this Hotel is not surprising. The whole place needs a refit and repairs to the bathrooms, electrical sockets and the general decor. On my stay the bath had a split which meant it was leaking and it had been poorly repaired with silicon which will last all of 30 seconds when you stand on it. They offered to fix it with the same method.I asked to move rooms which apparently was not possible for 2 days.....the next room was marginally better...the bath was solid....just the plugs were crackling and dangerous as you could not push a plug in completely as they had been fitted with screws which were not flush with the fascia of the socket....If I had not already have paid for the place I would have gone somewhere else....and when I did check out on time...the girl behind the counter sarcastically said oh ''so, you are finally checking out'' yes and I will never return.

Room Tip: Don't bother there are better hotels at this price range.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank ChrisG13
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Quite convenient and accessible to Metro Station, Restaurant and Night Life (Clubbing). Although I and my friend arrived at the hotel earlier than checking hour they still accommodate us and give us a place to stay with my friends.

Room Tip: Window Side viewing other part of the city
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2016

The hotel is located in Al Rigga adjacent to the Shaik Zayed main road and is 10-15 minutes away from notable landmarks like the Burj Khalifa. The hotel is a budget one, and having experience staying at many hotels I am overall disappointed. The hotel room, a single room with a double bed was not entirely clean, the room had a musky smell which could easily be overcome with an investment in candles - a traveler should feel welcome into their temporary place of stay. Basic amenities were not even attempted to be provided - I observed half used toilet rolls, an extremely dirty bathroom with rust on the rails and cracks in the toilet seat and even an empty tissue box.

I regret to state that visiting the local KFC saw more water pressure than the dismal excuse of the shower in this room. Where was quality control and procedure? Most importantly, a hotel advertising fast and 'uninterrupted' high speed internet much to my astonishment had NO INTERNET OR WIFI what so ever. In my 4 day stay, I asked everyday about whether it was fixed, undergoing maintenance or even existent - with management trying to come up with new excuses every time, smiling and telling me it's not in the hotel is unacceptable.

Furthermore, exercising a little Candour and basic manners towards guests should be hotel management 101, this is not a residential apartment (although it might as well have been), I was treated with more respect and had access to greater amenities in the village in Pakistan. Could management explain to me how it's possible that water pressure from the Muslim shower is more flowing than the damn shower head? It would've been easier to bathe with a bucket under the sink. Fellow travelers I strongly advise not to stay here and should management wish to contact me I have no problem to answer your queries.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo