“Excellent”
Review of Marco Polo Hotel

Marco Polo Hotel
Ranked #252 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We had the good luck to stay twice in this hotel The first time was for two nights en route to Sydney at the end of Jan. And three nights on our way back home at the begining of March.
Our bedroom in Jan. was on the third floor.Large ,very clean ,very comfortable bed,electric controlled window blinds.
Good size bathroom and well maintained.
On our return we were upgraded ( not asked for )to a Suite. That was superb.
I fail to understand some comments about the food. You name it ,and it was there for breakfast.

The staff without exception were welcoming,approachable but special mention must be made of Madan Sharma who went "the extra mile". We look forward to returning and for a longer stay.

Room Tip: ...explicit with your requirements
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HiawathaWales
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Dear Guest,

We too are very glad to have had the privilege of welcoming you twice in our hotel. We appreciate very much your taking the time to write a very nice review. Your comments have been shared during our review meetings and would like you to know that comments such as yours are what drives us to always do our best.

Thank you very much for your generous feedback and nothing would make us happier than the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Vice President

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Marco Polo Hotel

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We spent a week at feb/march 2012 in Dubai, staying in Marco Polo hotel and we were very satisfied with the services (for the price).
The staff in the hotel was very VERY friendly, trying to help us in any needs. They provided us with kids bed for free (for 2 years daughter). Rich breakfast, good lunch and several restaurants to choose from for dinner were also very satisfying.
They operate daily bus to the beach and back, provide you with towels for the beach and the free internet on the room is also very usefull.
Thanks Marco!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David K
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words you expressed of your recent stay here with us at the Marco Polo Hotel Dubai. Our staff is constantly encouraged to perform to the best of their abilities, keeping our guests as their top priority. I truly believe that it is comments such as yours that make a difference to our staff and our hotel. When these comments are passed onto staff, they not only feel appreciated but at the same time it serves as tremendous motivation for them to always offer their best.

It was a pleasure having you here at the Marco Polo Hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was unable to get a booking at my preferred hotel in Dubai and since this one was in the neighbourhood (Deira), I decided to give it a try! I was very disappointed with the bathrooms (you can easily break your neck in them, they are that small) and the breakfast buffet (very Spartan to an international clientèle). I didn't get value for my money in terms of comfort as well. My room in particular, had the TV in a very awkward position and you won't get your room cleaned until very late in the afternoon! Some room as amenities are for sale which should be inclusive like every other hotel in that area. Another let down was that they are almost directly under the flight path, so expect a lot of noise all day and night!

However, they do have a variety of very acclaimed restaurants and they are priced fairly and rations are huge!

My advice would be to stay somewhere else and go to the Marco Polo for dinner!

Room Tip: Haven't any!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am afraid I am not in a position to comment fully on this Hotel, only its lack of professionalism consideration and respect ,for myself and my young family. I can only warn prospective customers of the risks involved in entering into a contract and tell you our experiences in booking this Hotel.

I booked and paid for a room for my family 5 weeks before arriving. I also arranged a hotel taxi pick up 2 weeks prior to flying. The Hotel had my mobile number and e-mail address. We were delayed by one hour and therefore sent a text to the hotel prior to boarding my flight informing them of this delay. When we arrived in Dubai at 2.30am we met our Driver (Prem) who promptly informed us there was no room available for us as they were over booked for that night, and we would have to stay in their sister hotel (Savoy Crest) for one night, then pack and move to the Marco Polo the following morning. You can appreciate our disgust at being told this news when all we wanted was to be given our pre booked beds in the hotel we had specifically chosen for our 2 night stay in Dubai. Prem called the duty manager who gave me a different reason for the lack of a room and promised that he would look after me when we arrived at the Marco Polo the following day. I was told there was plumbing problems in the room, so somebody was not telling the truth. I told him that this situation was not good enough and asked what would have happened if I had not booked a Hotel transfer and why had they not informed me before that they had sold my room to somebody else? I also had no idea of the standard of the hotel or room on offer. I had no option but to accept the situation and speak to them the following morning. The room at the alternative Hotel was clean and acceptable to us and out of principle I decided I would not be wasting any more time in moving the following day in what was effectively our only day in Dubai. I had a call from a different duty manager the following day and I told him we did not want to move and was not prepared to spoil my break any further by wasting any more time on the issue. I reminded him I was promised to be ‘looked after’ and after a little pushing on my part he gave us a complimentary lunch at the Savoy Crest, which we accepted.

This episode still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as you should be able to trust an accepted pre-paid booking. It is simply not good business practice to put customers through this situation when they have travelled over 3000 miles and send them (including my 12 year old daughter) to a hotel in what I later found to be one of Dubais red light areas (Mankool).We had our holiday plans ruined immediately on arrival (I even had to have The Entertainer magazine re-routed to our new hotel). I hope as a result of people reading this they lose business over this issue as we were badly let down by this hotel and its management.

P.S The driver (Prem) and the Indian Savoy Crest driver were professional and treated us all very well at all times in the circumstances, and I personally would like to thank them for their professionalism, hospitality and understanding.
P.P.S. I would strongly reccomend the Savoy Crest Hotel as their staff were ecxellant from start to finish and did everything to accomodate us during our stay there.

Room Tip: If you want to be guaranteed a room choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Stevepsheffield
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate incident you experienced here. This is clearly an oversight by the Sales Department, of which attention has been called. Guests’ comfort is very important to us so you can imagine our dismay upon reading your feedback. The hotel we shifted you to is our sister hotel with standards the same as ours, making sure that you would be well taken cared of, in light of the circumstances. Glad to note though that our Airport Rep, Mr. Prem and hotel driver left a good impression with you.
Once again, we respectfully offer our apologies.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Surely when staying in a hotel for a weekend with some girlfriends, one can expect the toilet paper to be replenished???? Well, not at Marco Polo Hotel in Dubai! Nah-uh.....one roll of toilet paper for three people for an entire weekend.....! I meand SERIOUSLY!!

Room Tip: Take your own toilet paper!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michele B
MPHDubai, Vice President at Marco Polo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Surprised to note only one toilet paper as our standard policy is two in any room but we missed the actual number of occupancy as room was registered only double occupancy. Our apologies to the girl friends who fell short on kleenex. On checking with housekeeping records of guest requests we do not find any during your occupancy. I can only assume this must be due to privacy reasons. We have strengthened our check in guest observations with an aim to be more vigilant on number of occupancy and type of leisure requirements to ensure adequate guest supplies.

Regards,