I recently stayed at the Towers Rotana for two nights in room 2211. I booked a King Deluxe room which was upgraded on arrival free of charge to a Classic Suite. So I had a bedroom with en suite bathroom (bath with shower over, sink, WC and bidet) as well as a lounge with a separate WC (with sink). Located on the 22nd floor there were views over Sheikh Zayed Road and I could see the Metro and nearby station.
Car parking was free for guests (a must if staying in this area with a car). The room was clean and comfortable, but overall it was very plain and monochromatic in appearance. The wardrobe size was small and hanging would have been a problem if more than just me. There was plenty of drawer space. With a flat-screen TV in both rooms and the hair dryer in the lounge which also had a mirror, it was set up well for a couple.
The mini-bar items that were complimentary were clearly marked (a lesson the Address hotels could learn from Rotana). The free water supplies were also topped up (and increased) when I took it all with me on the first morning. There was a kettle with tea bags and instant coffee (a major dislike of mine), which I did not use. The fridge size was quite large and would have been good if I was staying for a few days.
There was a blind in the bedroom and curtains in the lounge. I think the lounge curtains were more successful in blocking out the light. This was not a particularly quiet location despite staying on the 22nd floor. There was no noise from the corridor due to being in a quiet corner of the floor. But the second night I was woken by road noise (sirens) and woke early by the noise running water sounds which appeared to be from the room above.
The bathroom had good quantities of large fluffy towels and a quality bath robe. There were plentiful bathroom toiletries (which were replenished) of soap, shower gel, shampoo and body lotion as well as shower cap, toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as a shaving kit. The bathroom looked a little dated and there were some rusty screws in some bathroom fittings and the white grouting/caulk round the bath was discoloured in places. The rest of the suite was completely clean and in perfect condition.
The first night I ate at Teatro restaurant in the hotel. I plan to post a separate review of that.
Breakfast (an extra 65 Dirhams, as I had a room-only deal) was adequate but not great. The fresh bread options were all white apart from a couple of anaemic brown rolls which were buried under a pile of white ones. On the second morning I thought I would try the hot buffet. There were enough items for a vegetarian hot breakfast (French toast, baked beans, foul, roast potato, grilled mushrooms) which should have been great for me, but it was not even lukewarm: it was cold. The coffee poured from the jug was topped up frequently. But it was tasteless and I did not enjoy it, but I was able to get an espresso on request at no extra charge.
I found all the staff at the hotel friendly and professional. The check-in and check-out procedure was efficient. The hotel location is convenient for sightseeing on Sheikh Zayed Road (SZR). It compares well with the nearby Sheraton Four Points and Crowne Plaza, so I might return to Towers Rotana if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Dubai's prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, Towers Rotana boasts some stunning views of the Arabian Sea as well as easy access to all major destinations in the thriving metropolis of Dubai. Towers Rotana is situated adjacent to the Financial Centre Metro Station, a mere 4 kms away from Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world), 8 kms from the golden sands of the Jumeirah Beach front and 10 kms from Dubai International Airport. Towers Rotana offers 372 rooms, suites and apartments decorated with comfort and elegance in mind. Towers Rotana is home to the Award-winning fusion fine dining restaurant Teatro, the longest bar in the Middle East Long's Bar, Award-winning all day dining restaurant Flavours on Two and lobby café, Wraps. Contemporary business facilities and 8 meeting rooms offer all the amenities needed to satisfy your requirements. The hotel's recreation facilities includes Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club, located on the top floor of the annex building, features an outdoor swimming pool with a sun terrace, a Jacuzzi, a fully-equipped fitness centre, steam and sauna rooms, and views of the coastal residential area, Jumeriah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Towers Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Rotana - Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Hotel Rotana Dubai
- Towers Rotana Hotel Dubai