“Good option on SZR”
Review of Towers Rotana

Towers Rotana
Ranked #105 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Towers Rotana for two nights in room 2211. I booked a King Deluxe room which was upgraded on arrival free of charge to a Classic Suite. So I had a bedroom with en suite bathroom (bath with shower over, sink, WC and bidet) as well as a lounge with a separate WC (with sink). Located on the 22nd floor there were views over Sheikh Zayed Road and I could see the Metro and nearby station.
Car parking was free for guests (a must if staying in this area with a car). The room was clean and comfortable, but overall it was very plain and monochromatic in appearance. The wardrobe size was small and hanging would have been a problem if more than just me. There was plenty of drawer space. With a flat-screen TV in both rooms and the hair dryer in the lounge which also had a mirror, it was set up well for a couple.
The mini-bar items that were complimentary were clearly marked (a lesson the Address hotels could learn from Rotana). The free water supplies were also topped up (and increased) when I took it all with me on the first morning. There was a kettle with tea bags and instant coffee (a major dislike of mine), which I did not use. The fridge size was quite large and would have been good if I was staying for a few days.
There was a blind in the bedroom and curtains in the lounge. I think the lounge curtains were more successful in blocking out the light. This was not a particularly quiet location despite staying on the 22nd floor. There was no noise from the corridor due to being in a quiet corner of the floor. But the second night I was woken by road noise (sirens) and woke early by the noise running water sounds which appeared to be from the room above.
The bathroom had good quantities of large fluffy towels and a quality bath robe. There were plentiful bathroom toiletries (which were replenished) of soap, shower gel, shampoo and body lotion as well as shower cap, toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as a shaving kit. The bathroom looked a little dated and there were some rusty screws in some bathroom fittings and the white grouting/caulk round the bath was discoloured in places. The rest of the suite was completely clean and in perfect condition.
The first night I ate at Teatro restaurant in the hotel. I plan to post a separate review of that.
Breakfast (an extra 65 Dirhams, as I had a room-only deal) was adequate but not great. The fresh bread options were all white apart from a couple of anaemic brown rolls which were buried under a pile of white ones. On the second morning I thought I would try the hot buffet. There were enough items for a vegetarian hot breakfast (French toast, baked beans, foul, roast potato, grilled mushrooms) which should have been great for me, but it was not even lukewarm: it was cold. The coffee poured from the jug was topped up frequently. But it was tasteless and I did not enjoy it, but I was able to get an espresso on request at no extra charge.
I found all the staff at the hotel friendly and professional. The check-in and check-out procedure was efficient. The hotel location is convenient for sightseeing on Sheikh Zayed Road (SZR). It compares well with the nearby Sheraton Four Points and Crowne Plaza, so I might return to Towers Rotana if the price was right.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are on high floors not facing the main road
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
TowersRotanaDubai, Manager at Towers Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Trip advisor member,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay, I have also received feedback from you via our Rotana guest feedback system. Your comments on the rusty screws and chalk have been well noted and as a result of that we are checking all the screws in the hotel room where needed. These resulted from our recent room refurbishment where we need to make a few own improvements after the contractor has left. We have investigated your comments on breakfast and I am glad to tell you that also there we have made the required changes.
I am happy to say that we have very few incidents and I am truly sorry that this has occurred to you as I wrote in my letter to you previously.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in Towers Rotana soon, please let me know when you will be traveling next so I can personally ensure all is as it should be.

Sincerely yours
Executive Assistant Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had an excellent stay at Towers Rotana and I strongly recommend it. I was on a ten day business trip and of course I will stay again on my next business trip to Dubai.

Below are my comments:

Pros:

• Location – Hotel is located at Sheikh Zayeed Road very close to the Dubai Mall and metro station. It is also very next to nice restaurants and coffee shops.
• Room – Room is amazing, recently renovated, with very comfortable bed and nice clean bathroom. It was also very quite because of the thick walls.
• Staff – Very pleasant, professional and quick. Express check in and Check out.
• Dining – Hotel has one of the best restaurants in Dubai and the food was amazing. Pub was also nice with good selection of food and drinks.

Cons:

• Some of gym equipment are old and not functioning properly.

Note:

Before I used to stay at Basrha Holiday Inn and I was happy too. However the reason I haven’t stayed at this trip was the price which it was unjustified high. Therefore I chose Towers Rotana which it was reasonably priced and much better choice than Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ncholas-CYP

Dear Trip advisor member,

Thank you for your resent review and comments. I have taken note of the gym equipment comment and will look into it. I agree with your view on Teatro being one of the best restaurants in the city it really is superb.
With kind regards

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Location is great as it's in zayed st
Lovely food and drinks

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank mandelajunior
TowersRotanaDubai, Manager at Towers Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Trip advisor member

Thank you for your kind review, we indeed have a very central and convenient location as Sheik Zayed road is the artery of Dubai.

the Management

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Ideal business hotel in the heart of Dubai. Good Service, Rooms and Resturants. The Rotana Club Facilities are best choice.

Room Tip: Rotana Club Suit are recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pram_C

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you very much for your appreciation on the daily hard work we do to ensure that all our guests enjoy the stay in Towers. Teatro remains to be one of the best restaurants in Dubai and our concierge is a holder of the Golden Keys so he is very knowledgeable and dedicated.

Hoping to able to welcome you again very soon
With kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Towers Rotana is a really good hotel, where service comes in a high standard!
The rooms, All newly renovated are spacious and very clean. Every night , the cleaning staff comes by the room and ask's if you are in need of anything! You even get a choice of international newspaper brought to your room every morning. Breakfast at restaurant two flavours is very good with all you possible wish to eat. At the hotel you'll even find one of Dubais finest restaurants- Theatro! Do not miss!! Reservation is a must! Bring a jacket/ scarf as the air condition tend to be somewhat on the (very) cold side. The pool area and sports club is a hidden gem.Here you'll also find a Nice snackbar. However the best about this hotel is the extremely competente concierge desk! There is nothing these guys Will not do to help you. They have great knowledge and also many good tips for your stay in Dubai. Last but certainly not least- the location on Sheik Zayed is unique! You are close to everything! And in Dubai that means a lot! I have stayed in Towers Rotana many times on business during the years and I World certainly also choose this hotel for a private trip . It is outstanding !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Nikosmamma
TowersRotanaDubai, General Manager at Towers Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate and glad to know that you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you very much for the kind review to our hotel. It is always a pleasure for us to get nice comments and we are really happy that you appreciate our services and facilities. Thank you for the kind remarks to our team.

It was really a pleasure for us having you as our guest, and would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Mrad El Khoury