“"Perfect"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #196 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“"Perfect"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Single word but meaningful...Perfect!!! That's all.... :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank R_Mendel
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear R_Mendel,

We truly appreciate your comment, in a short word you made us know that your stay made you feel comfortable and enjoyable. We do hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future. Anytime that you may require assistance or information, don't hesitate to contact us. We will be willing to serve you at our best always.

Yashvanth
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dorking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot, and to be fair I am rather fussy. Here is my story:

Walk into the hotel to be met by a restaurant waitress thrusting a leaflet for a special promotion. I just want to check in after an 8 hour flight! Go away!

Get to my room, look out the window and see a building site over the road (my room was at the rear of the hotel). Sure enough, at 6 am the noise started.

This was followed by a leaking air conditioner, which was attended to quickly, but what really upset me was when I returned to my room I found the engineers who were still working on the unit had left my room door wide open. Anyone could have entered my room. Quite shocking.

To be fair, the hotel is not expensive, but there are much better one's in Dubai. If you are on a limited budget, you will probably find the Palace meets your needs. If you are the more savvy traveller you will find this 15 year old hotel a little tired and old fashioned in a city that is neither. For me, I checked out and moved to somewhere I found more to my liking.

Stayed April 2012
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Kettonian,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Metropolitan Palace Dubai. I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I can understand your frustration. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Once again, I offer you many thanks for bringing these issues to my attention, and do hope we are able to welcome you back to Metropolitan Palace Dubai in the near future.

birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have just returned from a trip to this hoteland we were extremely satisfied with our stay. We had a total of 4 nights and enjoyed everyone of them. We arrived after an overnight flight to be welcomed by reception staff, they advised that our room was almost ready but we could have breakfast while we waited. we obviously had to pay for this but it didn't matter, plus they gave us a discount voucher so it cost 65AED instead of 90 AED each. Breakfast is good, quite a lot of choice, with the usual cold meats and cheeses, fruits and breads and a selection of hot food, which also includes eggs cooked fresh to your liking.
Our room was located on the 5th floor, vey spacious room, with all amenities that you would expect, we had a iew overlooking the main road, even though noise is not an issue, the bathroom had both a bath and a shower which is unsusual nowadays. Maid service was excellent and every night I was greeted by a porter bringing chocolates to the room, which was a nice touch.
We ate in both Sketch and Malake bar, food in both was very nice and reasonably priced. The main espense throughout our holiday was alcohol but we expected this. Although I did have a coffee from the pool bar which was 19AED, which I thought was a little steep
All in all we had a great stay and would consider this hotel again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shugs2766
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment about Metropolitan Palace Dubai. We takes pride in maintaining our good service to provide all our guests needs and satisfaction. Your appreciation really matters a lot and makes me really proud of my team.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts about the hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and further exceeding your expectations.

Warm regards,

Bari, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Nice hotel, but I would rate it as 4 star instead of 5. The hall is gorgeous, and rooms also. The staff is very polite and helpful.
The on thing I didn't like is the location: no nice view from the hotel, very close to the airport and has a metro station at 5 min walking distance; but if you really want to try Dubai's glamour, look for a hotel in Dubai Marina. This area is good only if you need to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Gi0dy,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review, although you didn't got the enough satisfaction, we do believed that by our service we gave what you really wanted. There are more new places to discover in Dubai so I hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

tehran
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The hotel have best services in room and .... and bad food in restaurants

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, short but constructive. We value guest comments because we do believed that from those feedback, we will learn on which area need attention in order to fulfill guest satisfaction. Thank you for the appreciation on our service however, we do apologized for incovenience you had during your stay. Your feedback relayed to the concern department and will do the needful to improve.