“Fabulous staff and service!”
Review of J5 Rimal

J5 Rimal
Ranked #23 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Saudi Arabia
“Fabulous staff and service!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Having stayed at this hotel last year and been really impressed we decided to go back again this year and if anything it was even better. When we arrived at check in the concierge immediately recognised us which was remarkable and made us feel incredibly welcome. Our room was not quite ready and as breakfast was still being served we were offered it complimentary.
Our run of the house room was beautiful and clean and well equipped for all our needs.
Beds really comfortable.
Breakfasts are very good, the fruit in particular always of a high standard and a plentiful choice of everything. Service as always very efficient.
This hotel is a great location..ten minute taxi drive from the airport and Dubai Mall on the doorstep.
We will definitely return,excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2012
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
I would like to thank for the kind review, and I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I assure you that your comments will be shared with the Team here, and we hope to remain up to your expectation at all times.

Also I hope to welcome you back in the near future, and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any future inquires you may require.

Director of Rooms Division
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The purpose of our travel was vacation and tourism, so read this review with that in mind. The staff at Rimal Rotana is very friendly and professional. Our flight got in at 4 AM, so I called ahead to see if early check-in was available. They said if there was a room available, they'd check us in. When we arrived, they said that our room was being cleaned, and we'd have to wait about an hour, but he offered us the complimentary breakfast while we waited, which was phenomenal! Their breakfast buffet isn't your ordinary continental breakfast with stale pastries and room-temperature orange juice. They had meats, fruit, fresh bread, hummus, ful madammas (beans with olive oil, chives, tomato, etc), oat meal, cereal, figs and about 10 different kinds of cheese. It was a great first meal in Dubai, and much more than we expected.

Our room was clean and average sized. The decor was fairly modern, and there was a small kitchenette with an island table and three stools. The TV was a flat screen (I believe around 40"). There was no view (just the surrounding buildings), but it was clean, quiet and smoke-free, so we were happy. There was no bottle opener though (so we had to ask the front desk for one). He helped us open a bottle of wine we brought with us from the airport (recommended if you drink, because we couldn't find any alcohol otherwise).

I marked it down one star is because the location is more convenient to the airport than it is to the large malls (though there is a mall within walking distance to the hotel, about 1 mile away). There are a decent amount of restaurants near the hotel (one called "Al Halab" I think had fantastic food), and the subway stop is walkable (about a quarter of a mile). It's about a 20 minute train ride away from the Dubai mall, and about 40 minutes away from the Mall of the Emirates. We didn't have a car here, so the train was the only way to see any of the attractions (you can get a cab, but the trains are about 50% cheaper). If you go to the Atlantis hotel, it's about a 45 minute train ride, and then you have to get a cab to the actual hotel, about 10 minutes away. It's not a bad commute if you're only doing it once or twice, but if plan on adding that to your travel time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jorge-Oz
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
I would like to thank you for your nice comments, which will be shared with the team here, and we are very pleased to know that you were very satisfied with our Breakfast Buffet selections as we are giving more attention to have varieties of food selections to meet the different tastes of our valued guests.

As you motioned about the hotel location, we are located in the heart of the city, and having the Metro Station 5 minutes walk away from the hotel, it is considered as a value added being convenient, safe, and low cost transportation type.

In addition, the area surrounding the hotel has a lot of restaurants varieties, Bars, and shops with a quick and easy access.

I and the entire team here hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I agree that the location is not the greatest but the hotel itself is just wonderful. It's modern, up to date and the rooms are exceptionally well maintained and a good size with a small kitchenette.

We were off the cruise ship early and arrived at the hotel by 10:00. The front desk offered us a room but it was non smoking and I'm allergic to smoke. They put our luggage in the room and said we could use the facilities in the room and they would move all our luggage as soon as a non smoking room became available. The staff at this hotel are absolutely amazing. It seems like no request is too much trouble for them from giving directions to the various sights to ordering a taxi.

To the reviewer who complained about not getting her money back she should read the details before making her booking. We also noticed on one of the advance purchase options that it was non-refundable and opted not to book at the lowest rate because we wanted to be able to cancel if necessary.

If you're looking for a great room, friendly staff and great service I highly recommend the Rimal Rotana. If you're coming from the airport do not take the hotel's transfer package though as they are so close to the airport and taxis are very reasonable. It cost us about $10.00 to get from the hotel to the airport. I believe that the hotel charges about $20.00 pp.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for the nice review you have posted on Trip Advisor, and I assure you that your comments about the team here will be shared with them to keep up their efforts to exceed our guest’s expectation.

It is one of our main values to maintain a long term relationship with our guests by delivering them with all services they would expects in a friendly and innovative manner.

I thank you as well for highly recommending our hotel, and I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was staying in another hotel in the area while friends booked into the Rimal Rotana. All our meetings were held at the Rimal - basically just because it's such a nice place to be. Beautifull lobby, nice open pool area (where you actually want to go have a tan and a drink - compared to so many other hotels in the area) and rooms that are much more than you'd expect for the price with excellent tast.

I'm back in Dubai next month, and this is now my hotel of choice in and around al rigga.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom apartments are great value for families and when you are a couple of people staying togeth...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
I’m very pleased to know that you liked Rimal Rotana, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the nice review posted on Trip Advisor.

Please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange for your booking during February 2012, and I hope to welcome you back personally in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This hotel changed my reservation from the one I initially made to a non-refundable, advance purchase one. Now, when I needed to cancel the reservation due to my husband's off-duty time being rescheduled, they refuse to refund...they are deceptive and out to make an extra buck. I would advise not to make a reservation here unless you are actually at the front desk.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank gdk777
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
I would like to apologize for the delay in getting back to you as I was collecting all reservation correspondence related to your booking and after reviewing the case, I’m pleased to let you know that we will be waiving the charges considering the un avoidable Circumstances you have faced and forced you not to proceed on your vacation planned to Dubai.

I just would like to high light the fact that when you made your booking, you chose a rate plan called Advance Purchase which is basically a promotional plan with a very special discounted rate and therefore when you booking it, it should be paid in advance with a non refundable payment condition.

But as our main mission is to gain and retain a loyal guests, we took the decision of waving the charges with no doubt – but to try gaining you back to come and stay with us whenever you decide to visit Dubai with your family, and I hope that you will give me the chance to welcoming you personally in the not too distant future.

I have advised our Finance team to process the refund request, and once the refund is processed, I will be sending you a copy of the Transaction slip for your kind reference.

Sincerely yours,