All reviewsbaniyas metro stationgold soukroom was cleanhot showergreen linecleaned every daydubai creeksouksluggage
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I stayed 2 days and a night in Dubai. Cost around 50aed to get to the hotel from the airport by taxi and it was just some 20 minutes away. The hotel staffs were polite and helpful. The only little disagreement I had was when they insisted on keeping my passport even after check -in. Anyway the room was average, with a view on Baniyas square, but clean. The Baniyas Square metro station is just a minute walk from the hotel. The Gold souk and spice souk were about 15 minutes walk from the hotel, if you can't locate them, you can always ask around for directions. After check out the next day, I left my luggage with the concierge to complete my tour, and came back at night. The hotel staff helped me get the hotel van to the airport which was at a reasonable price. I really appreciated the staffs' kindness above all.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rukshare
Hari Kumar U, General Manager at Landmark Plaza Baniyas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear Mr. Rukshare,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay in Landmark Plaza Hotel-Baniyas and you were happy with our service that was provided by our team and we apologized in regarding keeping your passport our team look into it and rest assure that your concerns will be escalated to the concerned department for intervention. .

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Meanwhile, please feel free to let us know how we can further assist you on any upcoming stay.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I booked thus hotel for 3 nights with an early check in as the first night showed fully occupied online. I was offered atriple room at 750aed at 4.30am when I got to the hotel or told to wait till 8 or 9am for an early check in. I chose to wait. At 8am, another customer was offereda room at 500aed and I was told no rooms were yet available.

Because they already had my credit card details, it appeared I was locked into this hotel. However I felt very much like because the other customer was Arab, they were given preference. Suffice to say, I am extremely pissed off especially at the prospect of staying here for the next few days when I am already unhappy with them.

This is not a hotel I would recommend if this is how they treat their clientele.

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank yobe70
Hari Kumar U, General Manager at Landmark Plaza Baniyas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Mrs. Usman,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us on your visit at Landmark Plaza Hotel Dubai.

And pleased allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay with us upon arrival. We rest assure that your concerns will be escalated to the concerned department for intervention.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

The hotel is a very good hotel.One gets to see so many tourists of different nationalities.The staff are helpful and polite. Breakfast offers a wide variety of food, ranging from continental to Indian to Chinese.Rooms have fridge and tea-making facilities.The only room for improvement is the availability of small heaters which would be helpful during cold winter nights.The tour operator next to the reception is an asset to the hotel, as very helpful advice and facilities are provided to tourists for sightseeing and visits. A special thanks to Mr Hamzaa and Ms Angelica who made all arrangements to our taste and needs.

There are several eateries just outside the hotel( KFC, Mc Donald's, Seagrill restaurant, Lebanese/Turkish food); the metro is just opposite the hotel, so very practical for those who wish to use this means of transport.Otherwise, taxis are easily available and take only a few minutes to reach places of interest.The gold souk and old deira shops are within walking distances, if one is in good health.

Overall, value for money, but a bit expensive when compared to similar hotels in South Africa, Malaysia and India.

Choose a room with a view on to the creek.

Stayed: December 2016

Dear Sabina,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a delight to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Landmark Plaza Hotel Baniyas and we are really flattered to read your appreciative words .

We continue to be committed in providing all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry and your comments will help us serve you and all our guests better in the future .

Reviewed 8 January 2017

The hotel is very nicely located near the metro station. very convenient to move around as it is at walking distance from the Gold souk and other markets. The hotel staff was very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. They should invest in making the rooms more modern. Rooms were pleasant but too old fashioned for us.

We liked the tourist desk in the hotel lobby a lot. The official was very resourceful and knowledgeable.

We advise you to ask for a non-smoker's room and to try out the Dubai city tour. We also enjoyed the desert safari and dhow cruise at the creek enormously.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smokers room and ask for a room with street view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Muzzammil M
Hari Kumar U, General Manager at Landmark Plaza Baniyas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Mr. Muzzammil,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay in Landmark Plaza Hotel-Baniyas and you were happy with our service that was provided by our team specially the Hotel Travel Desk & services.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed staying here on 31 December so my wife and I could see the Dubai Fireworks at the Dubai Mall.

The room was clean and spacious and included a refrigerator! The shower was small but adequate. The staff were helpful, though they wanted to retain my passport, which I refused to allow (yes, hotels in Dubai sometimes try to retain their guests passports, but cannot do so in most cases).

The metro station was close and fast food restaurants were close also (KFC and McDonald's). The neighborhood had an European feel to it and I had to remind myself that I was in Dubai!

Overall a good experience!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Hari Kumar U, General Manager at Landmark Plaza Baniyas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Skemcho56,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a delight to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Landmark Plaza Hotel Baniyas.

And pleased allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered during your stay with us about keeping your passport. Rest assure that your concerns will be escalated to the concerned department for intervention.