“Wonderful as usual”
Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

Ranked #98 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stayed here for a night and as usual we had a great stay:-) all the staff members were extremely polite and professional. Upon checking in we were upgraded by Leah Rubio which was hugely appreciated by my family:-) we would also like to extend our sincere gratitude to all the breakfast staff @ the glass house especially Imran and hostess on the day :-) We surely be back soon!

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Raja Fahad K
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Raja Fahad K,

Many thanks for your time in posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

We are so delighted to note that you had a wonderful time while staying with us and found the excellent level of service you received from our team members very much to your liking, particularly Leah, Imran and Jerly Ann. Rest assured that your kind words and compliments have been conveyed to them.

We are happy to know of your interest of coming back and that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this particular occasion.

Your feedback meant a lot to us as we look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future. Please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

T: +971 4 2127201 | Email: Mohamed.Nazih@hilton.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Dubai Creek

Reviewed 21 July 2017

A frequent business traveler to Dubai this was my third stay at the hotel so far this year. The staff there has always been amazing to deal with, especially the duty manager Ms. Leah. She always makes us feel so welcome, as does the staff in the executive lounge who know to fix my omelet in the morning and pour my glass of red wine in the evening as soon as I walk in. The rooms are huge, even by Dubai standards, and are always spotlessly clean. Although one of the older hotels in Dubai, and not the most opulent, the property is very well maintained.
If the location (next to the Creek, with beautiful views of the water, and less than 15 minutes from the airport) is convenient for you I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Joe H,

Thank you for your continuous patronage to the Hilton Dubai Creek and for taking your time in posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I am so delighted to note that you had a wonderful time once again whilst staying with us and that you found our location, guestrooms, and the excellent level of service you received from our team members very much to your liking, most especially from Leah and the executive lounge team. Rest assured that your kind words and compliments have been conveyed to them.

We place great value to your feedback and we are so happy to know that we were able to meet again your expectations of a Hilton experience on this particular occasion.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future so please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

After 14 hours of travelling throughout the night we arrived at Hilton Dubai Creek excited for our 1 week holiday of a life time in Dubai. (My boyfriend and I) At check in we were asked for the credit card that the booking had been made from in DECEMBER where they had received full payment then, this was now JULY. We explained that we did not have the card with us as it was a present from his Mother at Christmas, there must be another solution? We were told no there was not and that we couldn't stay there if we did not provide this card. I was getting very upset as I was excited to stay in such an amazing hotel with great reviews in such an amazing city. We both were soon let down.
The receptionist was extremely rude and did not have much knowledge as when I asked the question ''What would happen if I had booked it with my card that expired in March meaning the credit card would not exist anymore?'' She ignored the question and went out the back. When she arrived back she said the payment would need to be refunded full onto his Mothers card and paid for again in full with the card we had there. I explained we did not have enough money to pay for the entire trip again as it would leave us having no spending money in Dubai meaning it was pointless being there. We told her it would not be an issue to get his Mother on the phone or to send photos of the credit card her ID and her signature, which we did and the receptionist still insisted this was not enough!! We were both getting very frustrated at this stage.
Eventually she provided a 'Telephone Sales Sheet' which was a form for his Mother to fill in, they would then send it to their bank to confirm it and that would solve the entire issue. I do not know why it took her about 2 hours to think of this as on their website (which we didn't see until after) this is the first option they give if you cannot provide the card you used for the first payment at reception.

Finally we got to check in to our room and we emailed this to his Mother instantly and she sent it back within that evening. For the next 2 days I never had felt as uncomfortable and unwanted in a hotel in all my life. Where we planned to upgrade on arrival but did not as the receptionist told us we couldn't (I still do not know why when we were paying cash for that) it almost felt like our money was unwanted and that we had done something wrong. The reception were calling our room every evening and leaving notes under our door to say to contact them, when we did it was a different staff member each time having no idea about our issue. Eventually the manger appeared saying the form had not been sent off to the bank yet and it was the weekend so they would not have the problem sorted out until Sunday. This was 100% their fault as they had it filled in fully with all the details on the Tuesday. We both were very stressed about the whole thing and for those few days we were emailing back and forth it did not feel like we were on holidays at all.

Saturday morning I received a phone call to say there was a sudden death of a immediate family member, I was hysterical and crying in such shock first thing I did was get my flight changed to fly home that day obviously. Where we had paid to stay until the Tuesday. After that I phoned reception to explain that we'd be checking out that day and why. They were not one bit sympathetic or nice about the situation and told me I could not leave today, it was not an option and they insisted for one of us to come down. My boyfriend went and they said that they had not still received confirmation from the bank so we could not leave. Again this was not our fault as they didn't send it off in time and didn't provide this at the very start when we got to reception so it would have been solved a lot faster. My boyfriend explained our flight was in a few hours and we had to go. After half an hour they said we could only leave if we paid a cancelation fee of around 300EURO let them keep they money for the next 3 nights (which no doubt they sold the room again making double money on it) and that they HAD to refund the full money that was paid for the stay in DECEMBER on to his Mothers card making him pay for the trip again in full right on the spot. Stating this was their policy.

This was a complete joke as for such a large a company to treat two well paying customers so badly making us feel so downgrading at such a tough time and not be apologetic at all knowing the circumstances.
However 2 weeks later his Mother has still not received the refund we have had no contact at all meaning at this moment and time we have paid twice for the trip!! Totalling to almost around 1600EURO.

We both are furious and warn others do not stay here if you want to be treated like this.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea G

Dear Andrea G,

While we appreciate your time and effort in posting a detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek, I truly regret to acknowledge your extreme dissatisfaction on your overall experience while staying with us mainly due to the incident with our front desk regarding your booking and the unfortunate event that happened during the period of your stay.

As this is not the kind of experience we would like you to remember your stay with us, on behalf of my entire team please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused to both of you and we’re sorry that your trip did no turn out the way you have expected it to be. I would also like to offer my sincerest condolences on your loss.

I can fully understand your sentiments especially that you were looking forward to this holiday that ended up in a very sour and sad note. While the approach of our reception team might had come out quite aggressive, please do understand that they were only doing their tasks as per the hotel’s policy and it was never their intention to make you feel uncomfortable and unwanted, as you have felt during your stay.

We do not want to offer any excuse but our records show that the requirement to present the credit card used during your booking has been highlighted by our reservations team through an email sent to your companion after your booking was confirmed via a third party booking site. As situation like yours do happen, my team did their best to provide you the easiest option to resolve it; unfortunately, banking operation on credit card payment had a major impact on this kind of resolution thus restricting us to proceed without proper authorization.

Since you had to cut short your stay with us but as a result of not receiving the third party authorization form that our Hilton reservations team requested from the time your booking up to the time of your arrival, we have no option but to ask for another credit card to use for the payment to cover all charges. Kindly note that since your reservation was made through a third party booking site that was non-refundable, we have to charge the other card with the full amount for the entire stay as originally booked. Nonetheless, I would like to confirm that the credit card refund of the amount paid by your boyfriend’s mother in December has been completed as of 21st of July 2017.

As a whole, we are very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation on this particular occasion and as one of our valued Blue HHonors members, we really appreciate receiving your feedback as this will help improve our operations and customer service more.

We all hope that none of the misgivings you experienced will completely hinder you from coming back and that you will reconsider staying with us again in the near future and allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and regain your confidence in us as a Hilton hotel so please feel free to contact me directly so I can provide my personal assistance and take care of your next booking.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I have been to Dubai four times now and also stayed at the Hilton on the creek four times also. all leisure stays

The draw for me here is the rooftop pool each time, its a great place to relax provided everyone is behaving and not hogging space as its a fairly small area up top. The pool has always been clean, there is normally a light breeze to help keep cool. A member of staff working a small bar for drinks and also food orders can be placed. for plane spotted you can lose hours watching planes climb out from DXB also

I like the rooms here, always clean and being a HH member am normally upgraded here too. great rates can easily be found.

The exec lounge is also very nice with good choices throughout the day. there is also a patio area from the lounge for those wishing to pop out for some air or a smoke.

The front desk team will always try to help and Patrick at the front is a really nice guy.

Location wise its fairly close to the airport and they also offer there own car service if you need it. Have never explored the local area but the metro isn't too far away.

as a new dad I am not sure if my tradition will continue here now as not the best place for families but am sure they would be accommodating still, find most guests seem to be on business but a few holiday makers too. will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Thanks again Hilton on the Creek

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Dear Martyn S,

Many thanks for your continuous patronage towards Hilton Dubai Creek and for taking the time in posting a review of your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed each and every stay you had with us and found our location, facilities particularly the lounge, rooms and pool with its amazing views of the Dubai city skyline and most especially the level of service you received from our team members particularly from Patrick. I assure you that your kind words and compliments have been conveyed to him and to the rest of the team.

We truly appreciate your positive comments and we're glad to note that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this particular occasion.

Your feedback meant a lot to us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future. Please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Although overshadowed by some of the fancier Hilton franchises in Dubai, the HDC is one of the best of the lot - amazing service, great value rooms, and very good amenities. Proximity to the airport combined with the staff's efficiency and friendliness make it perfect for the weary traveler. My only gripe is that the gym is a bit of a closet but for a mid-range hotel, it doesn't get much better.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ted C,

It is a pleasure for us to note that you had a lovely time whilst staying with us and found our location, overall service, guestrooms, and facilities very much to your satisfaction, as this is what we always strive to achieve and provide our valued guests.

We are happy to know that we were able to meet most of your expectations of a Hilton experience as we all look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future. Please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.