“Great Hotel - Be Wary of Time of Year You Go” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #60 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
EDINBURGH
“Great Hotel - Be Wary of Time of Year You Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Just returned from an 8 day break . Hotel like many others have commented is one of the best in Dubai. Facilities definitely at 4/5 star rating.
The best thing of the holiday was the uncrowded space to enjoy the poolside grounds, beach and hotel - but this was mainly because the weather was still v hot for most europeans - most days it was 42C daytime and mid 30s evenings -making getting around fairly oppressive.
Saying that, my partner and I never had an issue with sunbeds either around the pool or beach area .
We stayed B&B as much of our time was out of the hotel (Atlantis, Burj Arab High Tea, Wadi bashing, Evening Dhow Cruises) and the buffet breakfast was one of the best in quality and quantity I have ever come across.
Yes , the resort is about 50Km from Bur Dubai , however, the free shuttle bus to several drop off points (inc nearby metro stop - all day travel for 16DH per day) never made it an issue.Also a taxi from hotel to Airport was only 130Dh.
Our Garden Room was extremly clean and attended to twice a day- compliments to housekeeping. ALL staff were extremely polite and helpful- this was a breath of fresh air.
We did eat at Shooters - recommend the steaks , again superb ambience and the free shuttle bus was a boon.
In summary , this is a top quality hotel, we benefited from a quiter period and suffered a little bit with the heat BUT this did not detract from the holiday experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris H
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Chris H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your previous stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

It was a pleasure to read that you had an amazing time, and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort and its facilities. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and thank you for your praise that the food quality was the best that you have come across.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
South West England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have done quite a bit of traveling in the last few years , some of you may know where i am coming from , hit 50 , kids grown up ,time to spoil ourselves ,ticked most of the boxes , States Mexico ,India ,Europe . Taking what we paid into account this was the best A I trip we have done , the quality of service ,food and drink and accomadation was second to none , if you like water sports , Golf , or just sitting by the pool this is the place for you , cannot prais the staff highly enough ,will be back !

Room Tip: Sports bar for lunch , 7th floor for great cocktails and Shooters if you like Steak !
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank hammer56
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear hammer56,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the All Inclusive to be very good value for money.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, the accommodation as well as the quality of food and service which you have mentioned was second none.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was my 6th trip to Dubai, & the first to this hotel -previously stayed at jumeirah beach hotel, Atlantis & le royal meridien.
We travelled with 2 of our sons 17 & 11. We had 2 garden view rooms & stayed on an AI basis.
For any AI this hotel offers tremendous value for money, the food & drink IMO are one of the reasons I would choose to stay here again. We ate al la carte every evening choosing fillet steaks, fritto misto, & lamb. The alcohol choices are equally fab with all premium branded drinks Inc, Bombay sapphire, smirnoff, peroni, sol & superb wine choice.Due to the construction work next door, which never bothered us at all, we were given approx £20 pp per day credit to spendon extras such as spa, watersports, lobster champers etc.
the rooms were a lot smaller than other hotels in Dubai but ample for 2 people. Room service excellent.
I was ill on this trip & the reception got the duty nurse to call within 10m to the room & a prescription was delivered to the hotel within the hour - very impressive.
We played mini golf every day which was great fun & the team at the watersports centre are great - really friendly & brand new equipment.
You need to be up at 6am to reserve sun bed around the pool , if you can be bothered, but we chose beds in the garden so that we were halfway between pool & sea. Plenty of things for the kids to do & keep the, entertained . Even if you are not AI , even though dearer than the UK, the prices at this hotel are a lot less than those in central Dubai, so if you are shocked here, then I don't suggest you venture into the city ! Lol example glass of wine at jbh is £12-£16
The staff are really committed to making sure that you have a good time, the managers cocktail party was very busy & staff from all areas of hotel were there to speak with guests. They are constantly seeking to improve & hear your feedback - which is excellent.
The restaurants as I have said were fab, we visited divas boat fish restaurant - the manager there arranged for a platter of all the fish they had to be cooked with a choice of. Potatoes veg & salad with different sauces for us to try - really good food
Didn't have one bad meal.
The spa was really first class & I have visited many, such a shame that it is bang next to the building work & in the middle of my treatment the drilling started - tbh I felt sorry for the therapist as she was clearly embarrassed.
We really enjoyed this hotel & would go back again - I would say if you have never been to Dubai before that you may choose this & one other hotel a bit closer to the city to get a real feel of the place? You are a bit further out & travelling backwards & forwards is time consuming. If you are looking to just relax in the sun, then this is the baby to choose !
One quick point - credit was offered per person per night & it was only at checkout that they told us children were not included so we ended up with an additional £200 more than we expected.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank babyharry5
Dear babyharry5,

I was pleased to read that you had a great vacation and you found that we always looked to exceed your expectations, as well as enjoying the flexibility of the All Inclusive package.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort, the selection and variety available on the All Inclusive package, as well as your compliments for the associates and the management whom you have mentioned were excellent.

We do appreciate all feedback which allows us to continually improve, and I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding lack of information related to credit facilities which should have been explained upon your arrival to the resort. Please accept my sincere apologies and thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here for 4 days and to be fair it is a very nice hotel and the staff are also pretty on the ball. A bit out of the way but plenty of things to do. Not at all sure why dubai demands the prices they seem to charge for everything, you really need to be AI, but for the money I can think of far better destinations.
Due to building work we had a credit of AE120 pp per day and this barely took the top off the exorbitant prices. Coke £3, Beer £7(fair enough), buffet meal £95 for 2 adults and a child.
Our air con failed at 4am and we were upgraded to the other side of the corridor with a view of a cement island at 6 am. Duty manager very apologetic but we felt the view of the gardens was better. After some discussions with reception we eventually got a complimentary buffet meal.
If you like people watching there is an incredible amount of bling in the pool area, designer sunglasses are a must.
I would stay here again but only on AI and only if I win the lottery even then I would I suspect begrudge the prices but that's dubais fault not the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul C
Dear Paul C,

I was sorry to read that the air conditioning unit in your accommodation was faulty; however I was pleased to read that this was immediately addressed by a member of my management team, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to thank you for your praise for the associates who looked after you, and for your kind words about the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at Jebel Ali from 11th - 19th Aug. It was our first trip to Dubai and we booked this hotel on the strength of the feedback read on Trip Advisor. From the moment we stepped inside the Reception to moment we checked out we both felt like royalty. Every member of staff offers exceptional standards of service and when you talked to the many staff it was clear many of them had worked here for over 4 years - some as many as 12 years - in this industry this must be very rare - the staff obviously feel respected by the management and they in turn deliver the excellent standard of service. The food in all the restaurants is amazing and so well presented starting with breakfast right through to dinner. The choice of food offered will satisfy every person and the chefs are constantly present in the main dining room. We played golf which was a wonderful experience, we went watersking using WaterCooled which was great fun and we had a number of spa treatments - the Spa is one of the best we have ever been in. We genuinely cannot find any fault with this hotel - we stayed on the second floor with a garden view room - it was a lovely bright room, was exceptionally clean and the room was serviced every day and included a turn down service. We normally visit USA every year - now Dubai has taken over from the USA for us and the Jebel Ali will be the hotel we will book time and time again - we feel so very lucky to have found this jewel in the UAE and would recommend it to everyone who likes excpetional service and standards. As a foot note it was Ramadam when we visited and you could not drink alchol before 8pm of an evening and there was no entertainment - this did not distract form the holiday in any way - it was far too hot during the day to want alcohol and water and soft drinks where most definately the order of the day - however, when you could drink the wine and spirits offered on the all inclusive option are very good - Bombay Sapphire Gin on an all inclusive option. We would definately recommend the all inclusive option at this hotel - you will be very impressed by it. We would round up by saying this is a luxuary hotel and it was the best holiday we have ever had - looking at how soon we can return. Well done to all the staff and management of the Jebel Ali

Room Tip: I would suggest every room is a good room - cleanliness is exceptional in all rooms and garden view...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheBlandGang
Dear TheBland Gang,

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your vacation, and that you are hoping to return again in the future! I was also happy to read that you enjoyed our spa, golf and also the Watercooled facility that we have available.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the restaurants and quality of the food, as well as your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.