“WOW!”

Ranked #59 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Toronto
“WOW!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Property, rooms, food, service, beach, location - EXCELLENT!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria B
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We recently stayed at the JBH with our 3 children aged 13, 11, and 8.

The hotel itself is beautiful. The grounds are well maintained, with large pools and a beautiful beach. My husband and I enjoyed the swim up bar in the pool, while the kids enjoyed the beach volleyball and water features.

We paid for the premium leisure club and really enjoyed the executive pool. We had no problems getting seats at any time of day. We were offered oranges, cold water spray for our feet, and ice lollies throughout our lounging time. We ordered food poolside and it was really good. I highly recommend the steak sandwich. The bartenders make a great mojito as well! The included breakfast was wonderful. We ate at the beach restaurant and the buffet included fruit, cereals, yogurt, cheeses, bread, eggs cooked to order, pancakes, waffles, crepes, potatoes, baked beans, sushi, dim sum, fried rice, and plenty more.

We spent some time at Wild Waldi which is attached to the hotel and an easy walk. The park itself is cramped, especially in comparison to the Atlantis. You can tell they wanted to fit in as many features as possible, but they didn't have a lot of land to use. As a result, it is hard to walk from attraction to attraction as the walkways are elevated and it can be confusing to figure out which direction to go. (There was construction during our visit which I think contributed to this confusion.) On the other hand, the rides themselves are more thrilling than those at the Atlantis. We thought the water slides were longer with a bit more thrill factor. My husband and two boys loved riding the perpetual wave. The parked seemed dirtier, probably because there was a bit of a mildew odor.

As much as I would love to give the hotel an excellent review, the fact of the matter is that we paid a lot of money for our rooms and didn't get the promised rooms. It really detracted from our vacation experience. Wanting to make sure that adjoining rooms were possible, I called to book the rooms on the phone instead of doing it online. The person I spoke with assured me that we would get adjoining rooms. She asked if we had any other requests, and I stated that we would like one room with a king bed and the other room with two beds. We also requested non-smoking rooms. The person on the phone was incredibly accommodating, and I was beyond impressed with the hotel before setting foot on the property.

Since we were in premium leisure, the hotel called to arrange for transport. I asked for an 11am car, and they didn't indicate that this would be any problem. However, upon arrival at the hotel, they were almost surprised to see us. They said that the standard check in was at 3pm, but they would do our best to get us in early. We had worn our swim suits and were completely prepared for this delay, even though the possibility was not mentioned when we arranged for the 11am car transfer. I mentioned that we had a 3:45 tour and would greatly appreciate the opportunity for us to be in our rooms at 2:30 so that we could all shower. We had a fantastic afternoon at the pool, and returned to the lounge just after 2:30 to see about rooms. We were told that they had called us (turns out they called our home phone to tell us the rooms were ready -- so we didn't get the message until our vacation was over). However, they sent us to tea to wait for the key. At 3pm, we were told that one room was ready, but the second room was not. The rooms were not adjoining and were 4 doors apart. I was very disappointed that we had been promised rooms that were not provided. I was also upset that the second room was not available at the official check in time of 3pm. 5 of us had to rush through our showers in a 30 minute period to be ready for the tour -- in 1 room rather than the 2 rooms we had purchased. The leisure club manager was apologetic that I was upset, and she thoughtfully sent champagne and chocolate to the room, but it didn't change the room situation.

Upon arriving back from our tour (7 hours later), we received the key to the second room -- a king which couldn't accomodate our 3 children. We were promised an extra bed within 10 minutes. The bed was left in the hallway in that time, but we waited about a 30 minutes for housekeeping to return to set up the bed. The housekeeper received 4 phone calls while setting up the bed. It was well past 11pm at this time, and we were anxious to get our children to sleep. While my kids have slept on extra beds many times, for the price I paid for the rooms, I expected to get the two beds I was promised. I also thought that since the hotel was clear that I was unhappy about the room situation, they would have double checked that our second room would meet our needs -- e.g. if a pull out bed was required, they could have set it up in the 7 hours we were off on our tour.

We encountered another problem with the kids club. We checked the two younger kids into the club during our check in process. When my husband returned to get them, they were missing. It seems they had checked themselves out. So, I would not trust that your children are monitored in the club, nor would I trust that they are restricted to the area you left them. I'd suggest that you only leave your kids in the club if you are willing to give them unrestricted access to wander the hotel and grounds by themselves, as this is the effective supervision they are given.

Upon check out, the lounge staff again apologized for our problems with the check in process and they offered us an upgrade if we return. I do really believe that they are apologetic, and we loved the hotel and grounds. I'd love to say that I would return, but the fact of the matter is that I would never trust that we would get the promised rooms, and for the rates this hotel charges, I do expect promises to be delivered.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank macassi
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed Executive Pool facilities where you were provided cold water spray, orange slices and ice lollies. You also enjoyed our great steak sandwich and Mojito at the poolside. At the same time I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to maintain our service on the highest level, please rest assured I have noted your comment about your room delay upon arrival, transportation, Housekeeping and kids club service and will continue to work to improve our services and product.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here as an alternative to Atlantis for the weekend. The executive pool area and beach were lovely. The excutive lounge and nibbles were a bit on the repetitive and small side and we were unable to get certain cocktails during happy hour.This certainly was not the case at Atlantis were we used their imperial lounge the week before.
Staff attentive and kids got a nice Easter gift.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank TCs2012
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed executive pool and beach facilities. We consistently strive to maintain our service on the highest level, please rest assured I have noted your comment and will continue to work to improve our services and product.

padz
Reviewed 7 April 2012

this is my 3rd time back to this hotel and it was wow wow wow...its currently under refurbishment and will look better as it was very out dated but we were as always made very comfortable and we loved it ...staff are exceptional..especially Natasha in club premium..Jerome at the executive pool ..who left to go home during our stay..
but the best part of our stay was recieving a call from reception to say that they would like to upgrade us to the Burj Al Arab for our last night there!
and it was just amazing..words cant describe...
anyway...thumbs up to Jumeirah beach hotel as usual..they deserve all the awards they get! cant wait to see the new look..and i will be back...just try stop me!

Room Tip: the club rooms start from the 13th floor upwards.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your gracious comment about our colleague Natasha and Jerome is highly appreciated and they are really very happy to hear that they made your stay memorable as well as I am also very happy that I am surrounded with these colleagues.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This place has lots going for it but it's not really my kind of place, so I have taken this into account in this review. It is big, brash and lively with lots of facilities. The service is very good especially at the front of house and on the beach.
The hotel was full when we arrived. We were travelling with my parents who have stayed here many times before. They were given a newly refurbished room which already looks dated. It was the kind of room you would expect at a Marriott hotel.
We were in an older style room which was dated. Both rooms were a great size with a good selection of toiletries and nice touches such as such as sun cream. The key system is a real nuisance as we had to go to reception nearly every day to get the cards re programmed as the stopped working.
The lifts were really not enough to cope with the number of guests at busy times. Also the doors close too quickly meaning you have to dash to get in them which isn't great for older customers or the less mobile.
There is a good selection of restaurants but the prices are high and generally they are nothing special so I would recommend eating out some nights. We enjoyed the Argentinian restaurant but the service was slow and forgetful and the price was sheer stupid for what we got.
The pool area is pretty small for the size of hotel and the stupid practice of reserving sun loungers is allowed from early morning which I would never do as it reminds me of cheap hotels in Spain. We never managed to sit by the pool because of this, which wasn't a huge issue as the beach is very nice and you are not packed in like sardines like you are by the pool.
The hotel has lots of facilities and a lot of activities. Everything is looking a bit dated and tired but it is a well maintained property. There is a lack of toilet facilities by the pool and beach, just 2 small toilets that were generally dirty, and the block near the family pool was often blocked and pretty unsightly. Not something you would expect at these kind of prices.
Finally some of the clientele were quite rough, but that is not the hotel's fault, it's merely a sign of the times in Dubai. I guess I was expecting a similar kind of experience that we had at The Chedi in Muscat (which we LOVED)a couple of years ago as we paid the same kind of money, but the Jumeira Beach isn't really a luxury resort despite it's high prices.
Not a bad experience, but not great either I think it depends on what you are looking for. It's certainly popular which must say something, but we have stayed in much nicer hotels and generally felt it was over priced for what it was.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jontymot
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to ensure that our service and the product remain on the highest level, please rest assured that I have noted your comments and passed on to the each concern department and will continue to work towards improving all aspects.