New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #24 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
devon
“A 21st birthday treat for son”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 11 floor which was colossal in size and sumptuous in decor. Check-in in room was smooth but long as the butler explained the facilities.
Red bedroom with mirrors everywhere including above the bed was difficult as I kept sorting my hair out whenever I awoke in the night. A huge TV and chest stood in front of the panoramic view which was a pity. Blue bedroom and bathroom just beautiful.
Was very surprised that milk for the coffee maker consisted of the tiny pull top cups you might get in the local cafe.
Breakfast was very nice but not very different to that which you would get in the other hotels in the group. Staff were very attentive which was useful for my son who's leg was in plaster.

The staff were again very welcoming and helpful throughout the stay. A lovely touch was the birthday trio playing happy birthday, cake, sparkling juice (ramadam) and red roses in the suite. Thank you so much for that memorable little extra.

Room Tip: Had a viewing in Burj's early years - all rooms sumptuous
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank pjawDevon
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, 9 September 2012

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your son’s birthday was a memorable one in Burj Al Arab.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Burj Al Arab
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

We were collected by our BAA car from Zabeel Saray and whisked in peaceful luxury to BAA by a well dress driver who presented me with a beautiful bouquet of roses. When we arrived, staff were waiting for us and we were quickly taken up to our suite and checked-in. Bags arrived quickly and it was nice to see that they had remembered the little things like a specific pillow that I prefer and extra water for the coffee machine.

The suite is still beautiful but is starting to show signs of wear, but was spotlessly clean, still with Hermes products in abundance. The pool is also showing its age and in desperate need of an update, but remains clean and well patrolled by staff and lifeguards. The beach facilities have been spruced up with new furniture and looks much sleeker. And they now provide cold boxes for the water instead of the buckets of ice. Service remains attentive if not a little slow.

Food in Bab Al Yam, Junsui and on the beach remain excellent, with service to match. Junsui in particular is well worth the visit (see separate review).

This time we took advantage of the free tickets to Wild Wadi. It’s been several years since we went there last and it’s nice that they have a resort entrance now away from the general public where you can grab towels and charge everything to your room.

We have stayed at BAA many times and this time the only disappointing thing about our stay at BAA was that the servicing of the suite was not up to usual standards, in terms of cleaning dirty cups and glasses away and resetting everything. Although it’s no hardship, it those small touches that make BAA special. Nonetheless staff here are still far better than at many other hotels in Dubai or even in the Jumeirah group and for that reason we will continue to return to BAA.

Room Tip: Stay Palm-side, it's quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Selinaz
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, 10 September 2012

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your culinary experience and the service provided by our team.

Please note that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for, and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your comments regarding the suite showing some signs of age. Kindly note that we are currently refurbishing suites’ carpets, along with all guests’ corridors from 2nd to the 25th floor. At Burj Al Arab, we pride ourselves on constantly monitoring the state of our interiors and ensure that the maintenance work is in place when necessary.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the lack of efficiency in terms of servicing your suite. Please accept my sincere apologies in this respect, as this is definitely not the level of service Burj Al Arab is renowned for. Please note that I personally communicated your feedback to our Operations Manager and further training will be offered to our butlers to ensure that our guests’ experiences are all up to our luxurious standards.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.
We look forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Newtown, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This Hotel is the best Hotel I have stayed in for a very long time. It is worth the money and the 7 stars.

On arrival taken straight to your room, yes check in is done in your room. The doors open and WOW, WOW. Gold everywhere and furnished over the top but to my mind still tasteful and what would you expect from 7 star anyway.

Once check in was completed our butler was introduced to us, he explained the room and all its trimings of sweet treats and wine. He also offered to unpack I did think about taking up his offer but has this was not our first stop in UAE I declined due to the dirty washing being scattered around. Next time I stay I wil make sure dirty washing is in a carry bag or stay only at the Burj wouldn't that be lovely. The Bathrooms are grand none of the sample size toiletries full size.

Once unpacked we walked around the take everything in. Wow Wow. Every where you go they know your name this is a lovely surprise not sure how they do it, I know they take your passport at check in maybe they take a photo and have it all their systems. I dont care how it was done it just made you feel like you were royalty rather than a guest.

We decided we would go back after our walk to our room for a rest before dinner. The Butler walked us to the door and even opened this was something they did every time we come back during our stay.

We booked into the culinary flight for dinner. This is a must do, it is a degustion style menu but at different restaurants within the Hotel. Staff escort you to the restaurants once you have completed each course. Each restaurants treat you like you are their for a complete meal. At the last course once finished I was present with a full size birthday cake and a lovely bunch of roses. This is a must do.

On going back to our room after dinner again the butler opened the door and presented me with another full size birthday cake. Just has well we had a few more days before our next hotel in the desert.

Breakfast is also a treat they have every thing you could possibly want it is well presented and lovely and fresh.

On the second day we went to the private beach a buggy takes and your are escorted to a sun lounge towels are placed and a esky of cold towels and drinks. Whilst the water was like a bath looking back at the Hotel is a wonderful view.

Second day we also had a afternoon tea which was sensational. It is like a high tea but better as it is not all sweet items. You must try the sparkling Date Juice. The staff even though different to the night before wished me a happy birthday.

After our huge feast we went back to our room again the butler opened the door and took in more of the opulence for while. After our rest we proceded down to the pool area ths was very pleasant, pool staff arrange your towels more the umbrellas and bring a clod esky with towels and drinks. The pool is quite small but very pleasant non the less. Pool staff bring around snacks of popcorn and cold ice lollies.

That night as we had a very large afternoon tea and had tried all the places to eat we decided to have room service and invite a friend who lives in Dubai. She was given the third degree on entering our floor by the Butler even though we had advised she was coming, she did feel a little uncomfortable with this but understood as I guess people do try to sneak people in. The room service was extremely disappointing. The food was cold and tasted like it was cooked the day before. This may have just been a bad selection on our part but as the restaurants are so good not sure why the room service lacked lustre.

Breakfast the next day was lovely although hubby did not eat as he was not feeling well not sure if it was the room service of just a tummy bug.

This was to be our last day which was dissapointing as I really would have loved to stay longer this Hotel will be my choice every time I visit Dubai and hope to stay much longer. Check out went well a little slow and I feel that in your room is probably the better place to check out as this is where you check in.

I would like to say thank you to the Staff at the Burj for my memorabe birthday.

And to ll that made it to the end of my book review well done on selecting the Burj for you next holiday. You will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Just stay at this Hotel it is well woth the money
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 792Carol_H

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall experience with us highlighting your culinary experience, the service provided by our team and the ambiance on our private beach.

Please note that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

Kindly note that it’s a regular procedure for any visitor visiting any of our in house guests to provide his ID or Passport to the floor butler however it shouldn’t take long especially if the colleagues on the floor are informed by our guests that they are expecting visitors. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect as this is certainly not the level of service we want our guests to experience.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the quality of food provided by private dining.
Please accept my sincere apologies. I have personally looked into the matter and shared your feedback with our private dining manager and the full team. Immediate action has been taken to remedy this shortfall in service which you experienced and to avoid recurrence of the same in the future. As definitely that’s not the level of service Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

hartlepool uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at the BAA for 3 days in early August. Myself and two teenage grandchildren and my friend and her teenage grand daughter.
We have always wanted to stay at the Burj after staying numerous times in JBH and Madinet and this occasion certainly did not disappoint.
Unlike the London hotels where some staff try to make you feel inferior, the Burj training of staff, I imagine, must impart a mantra of "no matter who the guests are, they must be treated exactly the same".
We were treated like important guests. The butlers and staff on floor 14 were incredibly helpful. Some of the memories of the Burj will stay in our hearts forever.
On our leaving day, we were moving over to JBH for 12 nights.As we were coming down in the escalator and below us looking up was a diagonal line of ladies dressed in long gold and royal blue outfits plus men in suits wating to say goodbye to us. ( At least we hoped they were there for us, unless somebody really important was behind us. and we stole their thunder)
Congratulations to Mr. Morio for having such a wonderful staff who made our stay so special.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank maureenHartlepoolUk

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. We are all very pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the service provided by our team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

AYRSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

You expect the Burj Al Arab to be great and your certainly not disappointed. We arrived early morning from the UK and were immediately taken to our suite, I don't think this would happen when it gets to their busy season Nov - Mar, but a lovely surprise none the less. I'm only going to repeat what everyone else says about the staff and management at the hotel, exceptional service and your looked after as though your royalty, which i could get soo used to.......

My only tiny grumble was about the loungers around the pool, and the fact that people were allowed to reserve these and not use them, which happened each day we were there. I think a policy of reserving them for a couple of hours and then freeing them for others to use if they are still free - the pool isn't massive and there's not a huge amount of space around it.

I love the fact that you get a chill box of bottles of water, ice and cold towels, and these are regularly replenished, but also the ice lollies, fruit kebabs, and glasses cleaning service - well what can you say !!!

Also, i have no idea how the staff know your name, even if they've only met you for the first time ! WOW brilliant !

Room Tip: All suites are amazing..............
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank KCHQ

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us highlighting our colleagues and the service provided by them.

Please note that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits as I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your comments regarding the non availability of our pool loungers that you have faced. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we want our guests to experience I have personally looked into the matter and passed your concerns to Bab Al Yam manager who will ensure that the loungers are not being reserved for long period of time by other guests without them being used.