“Awesome”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #28 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 2 August 2011

From the moment we were picked up at the airport in their own BMW and presented with flowers by the friendly and courteous driver we knew we were going back to our second home. Having stayed on a number of occasions you would think we would not have more to find out or do in this wonderful place--- wrong---. We had requested an early check in as took an overnight flight and after being met as usual at the entrance we were then escorted up to our panoramic suite to find the bed turned down and blinds closed so we could rest. Ask the butler to do your unpacking as this is one of the greatest perks of the hotel and boy worthwhile as one job I personally do not like doing. We stayed using their Summer Offer which included lunch or dinner each night and what a delight to try out. The staff are exceptional and too many to mention by name. Mr Morio should be proud of this hotel and his staff. Thank you ALL soooo much and will see you next month.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dennisrobertson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Superlatives are wasted when discussing the Burj Al Arab.

Just the building itself sees regular crowds of tourists taking photographs from behind the security gate. I would suggest no other hotel on the planet attracts this type of admiration.

From the minute you are driven across the bridge into the breathtaking interior you know you are in for something special.

Suffice to say the Burj does not disappoint in any way. The service, restaurants, rooms and all amenities are all second to none.

If you ever get the opportunity to stay here you should do as its boast as ‘the worlds most luxurious hotel’ is somewhat of an understatement.

The hotel is truly awesome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I was in Dubai for a five days and I wanted to at least see the Burj al Arab whilst I was there. I emailed the Junsui to make a reservation at the restaurant, because I was told that you can only gain entry to the Burj by way of staying there or eating there. I thought I'd treat myself with lunch so at 250AED this wasn't cheap. Initially they told me they were full and offered me another day, which I had to decline because I wouldn't be in Dubai. The next thing I know I get another email confirming my booking - on the day I wanted and at the time I wanted. I was happy and very much looking forward to my visit.

On the day of the visit, I thought I'd make the most of the day because it was a distance from my hotel. I made my way to Jumeirah Beach in the morning - it was Monday so it was women and kids only. Entry was about 5AED if I remember correctly.

The beach was GREAT, I had a nice time, but it did get spoiled by a lady and her extremely loud friends who came and camped next to me. You can rent loungers but I just used my towel. The atmosphere was very relaxing and I could see the Burj al Arab in the distance. I thought I'd chill out, sunbathe until1pm then make my way to the Burj.

Upon arriving I was greeted by two female meeters and greeters. They were nice from the initial point, but once they thought I was out of earshot and not paying attention, they proceeded to whisper to each other - I highly suspect that they were talking about me.

I didn't let this put me off and so made my way towards the escalators, the décor was second to none, absolutely fabulous.

I arrived at the Junsui and was shown to my table immediately. The service was excellent, and my waitress was very attentive. They even asked if I was there for a special occasion (birthday etc). I had around seven course, they were all great, except for one - which I didn't eat - it was a beef with noodles in a very very strong soup. The strength of the soup put me off and I left it.

The other courses were nice and small, but as there are seven courses - you're not going to go hungry!

The atmosphere was nice and relaxed, although, for a restaurant that was supposed to be fully booked after the initially rejected my reservation enquiry - it was rather quite. They had a whole section with vacant tables.

The restaurant was nice and clean, as were the restrooms.

After finishing, I did explore the Burj - it was very pretty, I went up to the other restaurant to see the Palms, but it was hardly visible from that angle.

It was a nice experience and at that price, definitely a treat.

Although, I must say later that evening after dining here, I was not well after eating here - I think perhaps it was that soup from the beef and noodle. I did feed this back to the hotel only to be told that there was no evidence to prove this.

I'd still recommend the Burj to anybody just for the experience. The follow up to my feedback could have been handled better.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Zeva2010
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We had opted to stay in Burj Al Arab during a recenut stay in Dubai - one of the suites at a total cost of some USD2k per night. When we arrived we were greeted well by the floor reception who showed us the suite which was indeed impressive.

We had decided to take a short break to celebrate the birthday of our 3-yr old son and wanted to do something special. This hotel is NOT capable of handling YOUNG families and in particular CHILDREN. Many of the restaurants were not accessible with children - fair enough - but even those that were accessible were not at all receptive to children with the staff being both discourteous and rude.

The swimming area on the ground floor proved a similar experience with the bar (which is actually situated in the water in the pool) serving alcohol to swimmers. A family hotel is not one where I would expect to see swimmers walking through the water carrying a pint of Fosters while my 5yr old daughter swims past them.

Overall - a thoroughly disappointing experience.

Sure - for couples and for business this would be a nice hotel. BUT PLEASE - THOSE OF YOU WITH CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 10 - DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND STAY AT ONE OF DUBAI'S OTHER TOP HOTELS - e.g. The Address where you can have easier access to Dubai Mall with a range of options. BURJ AL ARAB IS A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT FOR PEOPLE WITH YOUNG CHILDREN.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
41  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This hotel is an experience in and of itself. It is true luxury by world-class standards.

I was greeted at the airport by a hotel limousine service, which brought me to the hotel.

I was in a two-bedroom suite, which had far too much space for just me: it came well-stocked with all kinds of drinks and candies as well as all the necessities one could need while travelling (toiletries, slivers, etc): there was a laptop provided as well as 24/7 butler service. There is a “menu” of items that you can select related to your stay that I’ve never found in any other hotel, such as your selection of mattress. They, of course, have a pillow menu as well – this is becoming more common amongst high-end hotels. The linens and towels are all top-grade, as is the décor, not only in the common areas, but in the rooms as well. No detail was spared, and no expense either, it would appear.

The Skyview restaurant is superb, with great food and views and impeccable service. Bring a jacket, gentlemen – it is a requirement. The underground seafood restaurant is also a very unique experience, and serves equally as delectable food with a much different kind of view.

The pool is a great way to spend some time outside without frying in the intense Dubai sun, and staff go to great lengths to ensure your comfort.

Overall, a great experience to feel pampered: I saw a couple of A-list Hollywood celebrities and a few famous faces I couldn't quite place, and felt utterly spoiled for my stay.

Aside from the prohibitive cost, I would be back in a flash to feel opulence at its best.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business