“Bad experience when returning to an old favorite” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers

Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
Ranked #39 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Luanda, Angola
“Bad experience when returning to an old favorite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Very disappointing experience at this hotel. Being a SPG platinum member and having booked connecting rooms 3 weeks in advance it was a very unpleasant surprise to be informed at check in that "connecting rooms could not be booked in advance" or that there had been a "communication error". We ended up having two smoking rooms not close to each other.
Management contacted the next day profusely apologized but we left the hotel nevertheless as this was not the first problem related to room allocation.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
elladia, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Oursdur,

It’s great to see you took time to share your valuable feedback with us. Thank you. We have since reviewed your feedback with our associates including the Front Office and Reservation. We have looked into improving our processes/work flow to offer better service to our guests including the room allocation.

We are disappointed to hear about your unpleasant surprise during your check-in, nevertheless we have reemphasized and spoken firmly to our associates on the need to the more accurate with regards to room allocation.

Thanks again for sharing and we hope that this isolated case will not prevent you from using our hotel again in the future and if there is anything at all that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel is a bit older but still nice. We had a creek view room which was great, nice seeing the boats go by and the tall city buildings in the backround. Union Station Subway just around the corner. City Centre Shopping mall is very close. Only about 10 minutes from the Airport ($10.00 taxi ride). The taxis are not expensive and readily availablle.
The Sheraton rooms are nice, outside pool is great. We had the breakfast buffet one morning which was great but a bit pricy (about $28.00/person). The internet in your room will cost you about $28.00 per day as well. The staff at the hotel were friendly but we had a few problems with our check out date, we had booked 3 nights but they kept callign us asking us when we were going to check out on the 2nd day. We had to explain to them 3 times that we had 3 nights paid.... a bit annoying.
Overall the hotel is pretty good and I would stay there again.
The Wild Wadi watrer park which was alot of fun.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Dwyrwas,

Thank you very much for the compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your short stay with us and that our facilities and location met your expectations. It’s great to see you took time to share your valuable feedback with us. Having taken our guests’ opinion into consideration, we are planning for a renovation of our guestrooms which we hope to commence soon.

We are disappointed to hear about the few problems you had regarding your check-out date, nevertheless we have reemphasized and spoken firmly to our associates on the need to the more accurate when interacting with guests.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Dubai in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for a reservation, we would be happy to assist you and welcome you back to our hotel.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Checked in for a quick stop over. I got a huge 2 room suite with two bathrooms. Very clean, quite luxurious, and all sorts of little extras like tootbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc. right in the room. I will definitely visit again, hopefully for longer than 6 hours.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
elladia, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear LittleJoPeep,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your quick stop over in our hotel

Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel has everything. It is expensive, but you get your money's worth.
Make sure you bring your swim shorts, even if you're on business for a couple of days, they have a lovely triangular pool overlooking the city skyline.

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking the creek.. great view of the city's skyline.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Sherebex,

Thank you very much for the compliments which you expressed in your review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your brief stay with us and that our facilities and location met your expectations.

If your travel plans bring you back to Dubai in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for a reservation, we would be happy to assist you and welcome you back to our hotel.

LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Business trip for 5 days and as business was in the Deira area it seemed logical to stay nearby.
I will be going back soon and I would definitely pick this hotel again for the sake of its location, though I know I am compromising on some of the glitzier opportunities available in town.

The entrance is pretty grand but smells a bit musty. Overall impression here is good though, and all the restaurant/dining options are off this main hall.

Check-in lacked charm but was entirely efficient (and they let me check in at 7 am so really can't complain at them at all on this point. What a relief!)

Room - my room faced the road but was on a high floor as requested. I got a club room in fact. The room was nothing amazing but functional and comfortable - just a little bit dated. They did put me in a room right behind a lift shaft (my pet hate) but ear plugs did the trick. Or maybe it was just that I was so tired from flight/aircon/work etc! Bathroom rather dated and the fixed shower head is another pet hate. Rubbish for hair washing (girls will understand). Anyhow, everything worked and they had a couple of decent tv channels. Only slight complaint was that it was a bit cold! I called down for a robe and that took nearly 36 hours and 3 requests to materialise. They have since emailed me to apologise about this so I can honestly say that they take complaints seriously.

Club lounge was a nice touch - I expected it to be more basic than it actually is (based on other reviews) - but service was friendly and really you can't underestimate the convenience of being able to pop in for a quick beer/snack on the way back up to your room after a long day in somebody elses office! Plenty of space. Could possibly do with a slightly darker/homier corner for relaxing - it is a bit airport lounge - but still, not bad. Also they will bring up coffee to your room if you order it the night before (not charged as room service). I thought that was a very nice touch. Though my room rate included breakfast I still chose to get my coffee here every morning - a fair selection of breakfast food and no wait whatsoever whereas the restaurant would have taken much longer to get seated/served I am sure.

Food. I visited the pub once. It was very smoky and the football was very loud. Still I did get to see Thierry Henry score for Arsenal which was a sight I never thought I would see again. I ate every evening in the Italian restaurant. It was a bit cold for the terrace (and people smoke out there) but the view over the creek and skyline is very nice. You have to make the most of this as you aren't in town to see it all close up. Service was really sweet and attentive. Food was very good. I didn't visit the Indian or the Asian (which was a buffet on the night I did decide to try it).

Gym. Good. 3 treadmills but only 2 in working order. 2 bikes. Quite a few weight machines and free weights. Only thing is that it is so humid in there. It is next to the saunas so that probably explains it. A very nice assistant showed me round the sauna/hammam facility on the morning I arrived - I did intend to use it but in the end I didn't have time.

Pool. Bit chilly when I was there, and I got back too late to use it in the evenings. It has a very nice aspect right next to the creek and the boats so really quite a pleasant spot.

So all in all really pretty good and I will definitely go back for business in the area. Though if business was in town then I would go elsewhere. The hotel is only about 10 mins from the airport so that is handy (especially if you have a 02h40 flight home like I did!) The hotel can organise a shuttle car to pick you up at the airport (I called them to ask about something else and they mentioned this by chance, so if you are booked into a club room and are a SPG guest then do give them a ring and request this service).

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the creek - it will be quieter. Though I think you pay a premium.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OverworkedUnderpaid
Dear OverworkedUnderpaid,

It’s great to see you took time to share your valuable feedback with us. Having taken our guests’ feedback into consideration, we are planning for a renovation of our guestrooms which we hope to commence soon.