“Another Great trip to Le Royal Meridian”

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Recently returned from 8 nights at the Royal Meridian Dubai with family consisting 2 adult kids.

This is our 10th visit to the hotel & I am pleased to say that the staff are maintaining the very high standards we experienced during our first visit.

We stayed in Club rooms & would recommend anyone with adult kids to take advantage of the extremely generous Club Lounge that includes evening cocktails & fabulous hors d,oeuvres.

We ate at a number of the Hotel Restaurants & would particularly recommend the Mexican Maya that as you would expect produced fabulous high end Mexican food.

Slight disappointment was Fusion our favourite restaurant was closed for refurbishment ah well I guess we will benefit from the improvements on our next visit.

All the staff were attentive & catered for all our needs from the guys at the pool to the reception staff & restaurants however Paul who ran the Club room breakfast deserves particular mention for fabulous smile & client interaction thank you Paul.

Looking forward to our next visit already thank you Le Royal Meridian

Room Tip: Go for Club Rooms Club Lounge great value & included in cost.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sim0nkirk
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Le Royal Meridien.

It is a pleasure to read that you and your family had once again enjoyed your holiday and found your room with the club lounge benefits to be a good choice.

We are also delighted to know that you were pleased with service of our Associates with a special mentioned to Paul and please be assured that your kind words are very much appreciated and will be shared with him and the team accordingly.

With regards to Fusion restaurant, I would like to inform you that as part of our continuing efforts to improve our facilities, Fusion is closed down and this space will be refurbished and will house a new Executive Lounge – Level 1 for all our Tower guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pam Wilby

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We celebrated our 20th wedding Anniversary starting at this beautiful hotel and then onto Mauritius. We were treated like royalty from beginning to end. We arrived early morning and we were very quickly escorted to our room, we were upgraded to a stunning tower suite. Later in the day we had a wonderful surprise, a bottle of complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries had been delivered to our room. The day after, a beautiful bunch of flowers had been delivered to our room. Fresh fruit in the room daily. Cold towels and slushes given by the pool area. Everything has been well thought out. As tower guests we were able to have breakfast in Ossigeno between 7am and 11am. Much better and more peaceful than the brasserie. There was everything you could imagine - it was a feast for the eyes. We opted for the half board option - well recommended, as the 'a la carte' is pricey. I suppose it is expected in a 5 star hotel. We had the same excellent treatment on our return from Mauritius, and another bottle of champagne - Wonderful. Just a few things to take note of: if you need a taxi, they are available right outside the hotel, ask for a regular taxi or you may get a Lexus which is double tariff. Be aware, If you visit at Ramadam, which we did on our return from Mauritius, you cannot eat or drink in public. We visited the Emirates Mall in the afternoon and had to go to the toilets to eat a sandwich and drink some water (not nice). We had afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab, it was spectacular, definately one to do in Dubai, still prefer Le Royal Meridian, much nicer hotel. Burj Al Arab is on the tacky side, Royal Meridian is sumptious. Do not hesitate in booking.

Room Tip: Tower rooms 1102 and 7003 had fab views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OLLIESLancs
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Le Royal Meridien and glad that all of our Associates went out of their way to ensure you both had a memorable time.

It is a pleasure to note that you were pleased with your room and the surprise amenities arranged for your 20th Wedding Anniversary as well as with the breakfast on offer at Ossigino restaurant.

Please may I mention that customer care is one of our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to look after you on your special occasion and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My partner and I have stayed here twice and are returning on Sunday for 9 days. The hotel offers everything you could ask for - a wide range of restaurants (my favourite being Rhodes Twenty 10), a selection of pools, a private beach where we went water skiing and all the staff we have dealt with have been extremely helpful and accommodating. One of the pools was closed on our last visit and the staff were kind enough to upgrade us to a Tower Suite which made our holiday. Friends of ours arrived after a few days and they were also upgraded so that we could be in close proximity to them. We have visited a few other hotels in Dubai including the Atlantis and Hilton but we would recommend Le Royal Meridien above all others. I can't wait to return at the weekend!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicola_jenkins

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you and your partner had enjoyed your recent stay with us at Le Royal Meridien and were pleased with the service and facilities at the resort.

It is a pleasure to read that you liked the Suite we allocated for you and your friends on this occasion and that you pointed out Rhodes Twenty10 to be your favorite restaurant at the hotel.

Thank you for recommending Le Royal Meridien on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back on Sunday.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Unfortunately - check in was absolutely horrendous.

Shimona was amazing as the HOTEL had cancelled my booking but chose to blame my Travel Agent. Shimona tried to find out what had happened and kept coming back to me and I was in the reception area now for 30 mins and she always kept reassuring me that she will fix everything. I asked her to check the web for the 24 hour emergency number of my Travel Agent. This other horrible man working at reception had the audacity to come over to me and rudely say to me that there is no 24 hour emergency number and due to the fact that I've used the same agent for years, used the 24 hour emergency number in the past and knew a number existed, I told him that he is wrong and I will now waste my money and check on the web on my phone for the number. Geez - what a shock that I found it in 2 mins! He then was beyond rude and said to me that I am the one who has come to the hotel with no booking and I told him where he can shove it and to get the hell away from me with his appalling accusation. Funny how I had a voucher but to him - I have shown up with no booking. My Travel Agent explained to me that they had cancelled nothing and no record of them cancelling anything as I am the only one who can allow an agent to cancel the booking.

I put my agent on the phone to Shimona where my agent was to re-fax my booking the next working day. In the meantime - the rude man was on the phone to God knows who and all I could hear him saying is that I've got no booking. A Manager was there by this time and I explained to him how wonderful Shimona had been and the other man was just appalling. My Travel Agent was not impressed that I had been accused of showing up with no booking since the hotel had cancelled the booking and nobody else. I got no apology for the accusation of having no booking and the way I was spoken to.

If the hotel didn't provide the great breakfast, have the 3 pools or the great view from my room - I would have asked for a refund immediately and gone elsewhere. Even though the amenities were fantastic - the first impression always lasts.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Suzy N

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were truly concerned to read your comments with regards to your arrival experience at the hotel and would like to assure you that this is definitely not reflective of the usual service standards at Le Royal Meridien. We would very much value to opportunity to get in touch with you directly and therefore would appreciate if you could contact us on guestservices.leroyalmeridien@lemeridien.com

Once again, our sincere apologies and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel from 21st July until 28th July 2012. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were greeted straight away. Unfortunately not with a drink as it is Ramadan. Upon check in we were given an option to upgrade from a Sea View room to a Suite at an additional cost which we gladly agreed to. However, our suite wasnt ready and were given a temporary room to rest for a few hours which was bliss. After a few hours of a blissful nap we were shown to our suite - amazing and huge!
The suite had 1 double room, 1 single room a living and bathroom and a wardrobe area with surrounding mirrors which was very much appreciated.
The first thing I did was open the bed and to my surprise came across bedsheets with mould and called housekeeping who changed it straight away. By this time it was the afternoon and we ordered room service which was efficient.

Here are the highlights and views of our trip:

Hotel very modern and clean - thank you to the cleaner of room 824! You're doing a fab job.

The bed - we slept in two different rooms and there is a consistency in the quality of the beds. Absolutely brilliant beds - at one point I thought the bed wouldnt let me go!

If you're staying at this hotel - make sure you choose the half board plan. This is more cost effective as you have a choice of a fair few restaurants within the hotel including European, Italian and buffet option.

Dubai is currently celebrating Ramadan so you are not allowed to eat or drink in public. Alcohol wasnt being served throughout the hotel until after 8pm. But we did drink in our suite as we received a bottle of complimentry wine every night!

This time of year is HOT! most of the time the heat is unbearable unless your in the pool or indoors. We couldnt even go swimming in the sea because we couldnt reach the beach! The buggy took us from the pool area near to the beach. But to get to the beach is quite a walk in the heat and the blazing hot sand kept getting in our shoes making it unbearable. Maybe the buggy should go onto the sand and have a drop off point near the shore.

The JBR walk is a few minutes away -however to get to the restaurants etc it took us 10-15minutes walk to get to the main part of JBR walk. You can go to chains like Subway, Pizza Express, Starbucks etc. (some of these places offer a delivery option)

Two out of three pools were open. The infinity pool is undergoing refurbishment.
The cocktails are quite expensive and there was no alcohol. Erwin a member of staff didnt seem happy to serve - not sure if the heat was getting to him.

Caracalla Spa - I had two different massages and the staff were wonderful. Well worth the visit and the hammam pool is great place to relax. Just a shame they dont have couple treatment rooms - me and my husband both had our treatments in different rooms.

Meals:

Breakfast - we only went down for breakfast once. The other times our Butler served breakfast in our room which was fantastic. You can get a range of cereals, juices, breads, eggs, fruits - all fresh.

Brasserie - this was a buffet style restaurant with different cuisines such as English, Italian and Indian. It was ok for a buffet but most of the time the food was warm so by the time it was on your plate the food was cold. With the half board allowance of 100 dhr per person we prefered eating at other restaurants within the hotel.

Pizzeria - my husband had a hair in his pizza but this was quickly resolved by the restaurant manager and F&B manager. They were extremely apologetic and this was deducted off our bill. Lovely food and amazing tiramasu!

Ossigeno - not great. This restaurant seems to focus on presentation of food rather than quality. Portions are tiny and is not value for money.

Seabreeze - ok for a one off visit and the food was piping hot and tasty.

Rhodes 2010 - Amazing!!!! Thanks Arun for making our visit special. This place is worth the visit and value for money. As I went to the ladies I bumped into Gary Rhodes!

Overall our experience was fantastic and the hotel really do pay attention to detail and value their customer service.

We cant wait to return!!!! Thank You Le Royal Meridien for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Raks21
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to know that you and your husband had enjoyed your overall stay with us at Le Royal Meridien this July and were pleased with the suite which we had allocated for you.

We are also glad to note that you were able to experience few of our food and beverage outlets as part of your half board package and that you particularly liked your dining experience in Rhodes Twenty10. I will be sure to share your kind words of appreciation with Arun and the team.

Your comments with regards to your dinner in Ossigino and Pizzeria are also noted and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, I am happy to hear that everything was resolved by our team to your satisfaction.

Please be assured that all your other various comments and suggestions are also positively taken on board and I have ensured that this has been shared with the concerned managers for immediate necessary action and corrective re-trainings.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review which is much appreciated as feedback from our guests is very valuable to us to continually enhance and review our service and product standards.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you both staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.