“Smooth stopover”

Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #83 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We made a 18hour stopover on our way from Las Vegas to Kuala Lumpur.hotel is very conveniently
loacated near the airport.Staff is most helpful and nice,dinner at the Warehouse restaurant was
excellent.Hotel has several swimming pools and we enjoyed a few hours of sun before checking out.
Hotels own transportation to airport only 15 dirham compared to 30 from airport by regular taxi.
Overall very good value if you have a stopover or if you dont mind staying close to the airport..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you for posting a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to read from your comments that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our ambassadors to be very friendly and helpful.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Warehouse.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to Dubai and if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Ranjan Nadarajah

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed 7 May 2012

After a conference at an ordinary hotel adjacent to the Dubai Convention Center, I wanted to spend my last couple days in Dubai in a more pampered, less chaotic environment, and got the good word from a colleague about the excellent cost-performance of the Meridien. Service was excellent, down to the matches that someone kept placing in my room, somehow knowing I was in need to replenish my home supply. If you're seeking a luxury airport hotel at excellent prices (at least at this writing), I highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Le Meridien Dubai. We are delighted to read our ambassadors lived up to your expectations and made you feel welcome.

We aim to provide a very high level of service and we are pleased to learn that we succeeded in achieving this.

Thank you for your personal recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, If there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Recently stayed a week with my wife it was very very satisfying and enjoyable. the staff was superb in looking after every detail. The amenities are first rate, but the service is the best asset. The employees greet you by name and see to your every wish and desire. I highly recommedn the Royal Club level for a very exciting and memorable stay. Thanks to all of the staff, I will be a returning customer.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor in Royal Club Room with Garden View/Patio
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are happy to know your wife & you had an enjoyable time at the Le Meridien Dubai and were pleased with the overall quality, service and facilities at the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had an 18-hour layover in Dubai and this hotel was perfect for it - literally across the street from the airport. Its not one of the most outrageously luxurious Dubai hotel but it is nice. The lobby seems a bit outdated but the rooms are modern and with fantastic bathrooms (with a tub and a separate glass shower with 2 showerheads). There's a pool that I saw many people enjoying and listening to fun music loudly (It seemed like a lot of USAID/State Department/US Government employees on R&R from Afghanistan). There are at least 15 different restaurants/bars but I actually didn't even see any of them except the breakfast/main hotel restaurant - I don't know where on the property they were even located.

I had booked online with the lower prepaid nightly rate which included roundtrip airport limo transfer (BMW rather than a regular taxi). I was greeted at the hotel by a personal check-in guide who took me straight to my room and handled check-in in my room (nice touch - I love not having to deal with check-in at the reception desk). They also sent me free juice and a fruit plate via room service after arrival.

I was told my room was a "Deluxe Club" (or something like that) that also included free cocktails from 6-9pm and free tea/coffee/beverages/snacks through midnight in the clubroom (I did not take advantage of this though).

Also my room rate included a clubroom continental breakfast (not in the regular restaurant) - I'm not sure why or if this is more exclusive or a cheaper breakfast...but either way I couldn't make it as it started at 6:30am and I needed to leave the hotel for my flight by 6:10am. So I asked if I could have the buffet in the regular breakfast restaurant and the manager agreed to substitute it (otherwise its about $25 USD). It was very nice - fresh juices, fruit, lovely breads and pastries, pancakes/waffles/eggs to order, traditional Arabic food including fantastic hummus/pita, some Chinese and Indonesian entrees, etc.

The hotel can arrange taxi tours of the city (2 hour minimum) but I chose to just do a metered cab straight to the Dubai Mall / Burj Khalifa. Its about a 15-20 minute taxi ride to the downtown area (about $8 USD each way I believe).

Tip: Make your Burj Khalifa "At the Top" reservation online as far in advance as possible. I got to the Dubai Mall at about 6pm and the first available tickets ($30 USD) were 11pm. I'm glad I still went up for the experience, but it wasn't that great at night, you can't see much but other buildings lit up (I would have liked to see out to the Gulf and the world islands).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JMP1123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the Royal Club room to be spacious & comfortable. And glad to hear you were impressed by the swift check-in process.

As mentioned by you, Royal club guest have complete access to the Club Lounge, where we provide a selection of refreshments throughout the day and many of our guests enjoy the happy hours in the evening. We hope you will be able to enjoy this on you next visit.

It is a pleasure to note that our ambassadors accommodated your special request and glad that you enjoyed the extensive breakfast selection at the Yalumba restaurant.

Our location is ideal for guest travelling on business or leisure as the hotel is strategically located within close proximity to Dubai International Airport and just minutes away from major shopping malls & other commercial districts.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Courtesy hotel as part of my my Emirates flight from London to Sydney.

Check in was smooth and it is very easy to get to and from the airport by car.

Breakfast was good. I had a voucher for free dinner from room service and this was not very good.

The hotel was clean, and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out the time to post the review. We appreciate the positive comments about the hotel; however would like to apologies for the ’in-room dining’ experience not being up to the standard.

We would appreciate if you could provide us a detailed feedback as your valuable feedback will help us to improve the service & quality standards. Please email us at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

We look forward to another opportunity to serve you, as we are quite certain about the fact that your next stay with us will be as pleasant and comfortable as all of our guests’ experiences.