“Continues to impress”

Ranked #91 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Cape Town, South Africa
“Continues to impress”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've lost track on how many times I've stayed here over the years. One of my big bugbears is that, although they are part of Starwood, they not part of the Starwood loyalty program, which would have pocketed me loads of points. But alas, not.
Good points first.
1. Rooms are getting a little dated, but are still very comfortable, clean and spacious.
2. Friendly and helpful staff across the hotel.
3. Widest choice of restaurants in any hotel in Dubai (I've stayed in most 5 star)
4. Jules Bar in the village has great Tex/Mex (plus they serve good pizza, have to ask the waiter. The Shisha guys are the best (if you fancy a puff).

Bad points
1. Cost, room cost fluctuates like a yoyo. Mostly become expensive.
2. Despite my many stays, upgrades have been far and few between.
3. If staying on a Friday, avoid rooms bordering the main pool. The Friday brunch (music and singing) is very loud from around midday to dusk. Its great if you are up for joining in, but if you've got off a flight and need to chill, ask for an room facing the smaller pool.
4. Hotel layout confusing. After so many times staying here, I still sometimes get lost when moving from the room to restaurants/lobby. All the corridors and insections look the same. They need to sign board the place better. Its worse when you've had a couple of glasses of wine in the Village.
Generally, I like this hotel, mainly due to its proximity to the airport (Cant hear the planes from hotel btw). I've been staying here on and off for 6 years or so, i keep coming back.

Room Tip: If staying on a Friday, avoid rooms bordering the main pool. The Friday brunch (music and singing) i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,033)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My recent stay at Le Meridien was more than I could have hoped for. The experience was very rewarding. From the moment I arrived, I was treated like a VIP. During check in I was offered a beverage and a comfortable place to relax. The staff was amazing. They were very detailed and courteous. Boban was remarkable. He not only remembered my name every time he saw me but also my room number. I was incredibly impressed with the details he could recall. I will definitely always stay in this hotel on each visit to Dubai.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to hear your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that our ambassadors were able to make your stay more memorable by providing you the type of service we endeavor to give to all our guests. We are glad to read you definitely plan to return to the hotel on your next visit to Dubai.

We look forward to welcome you back. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Johannesburg, South Africa

Good points first.
2. Friendly and helpful staff across the hotel.

Bad points
1. Cost, room cost fluctuates like a yoyo. Mostly become expensive.
2. Despite my many stays, upgrades have been far and few between.
Generally, I like this hotel, mainly due to its proximity to the airport (Cant hear the planes from hotel btw). I've been staying here on and off for 6 years or so, keep coming back.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I have just had an excellent Easter week in the Royal Club rooms. As previously stated, the upgrade is a no brainer. I can't fault the service, the cleanliness, the attention to detail and therefore the whole experience. The room was spacious and nicely appointed in dark wood with daily fresh fruit platters. The breakfasts were first class, afternoon tea a delight and the "free" evening happy hour drinks a nice introduction to the array of restaurants beyond the private pool. I would recommend this package to anyone but especially to couples of a certain age (like us). We met some great people and had a wonderful time and the overall experience can be summed up as "pampered". The hotel cars were also surprisingly competitive against taxis - enjoy the Lexus experience!

Room Tip: We had 2107, a long way from reception but so quiet. The whole hotel is only 2 stories so there'...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FWTraveller
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Le Meridien Dubai.

We were delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us over the Easter period and having booked a Royal Club room you enjoyed the benefits of the Club Lounge as well as the service rendered by our ambassadors.

Thank you once again and we certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com

Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had the absolute pleasure of experiencing the completely genuine service efforts of the staff at this hotel, but unfortunately only for a few hours. I thoroughly appreciated every detail that each member of staff attended to, specifically, a porter - Bernette and a consierge, Desiree. I needed the room only to refresh after a long flight, to be able to attend a meeting in the lobby of ht emain hotel, and then at the end to prepare to leave again.

The porter was even reminding me in a genuinely friendly way to make sure that i had everything from the room, especially my travel documents.

I really apprecaited this attention and attentiveness.

Room Tip: Simply ask for your preferances - they are very accomodating!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay though you were at the hotel for a brief time.

It is gratifying to note that you were impressed with our ambassadors and their attentiveness to detail. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our ambassadors; they will be delighted to know that their efforts are well appreciated.

We thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.