“Very Good”
Review of Al Sondos Suites

Al Sondos Suites
Ranked #376 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My family and I styed here for about 5 days and it was such a pleasant one. The rooms were spacious, service was great. This was back in 2005 so Diera City Center was the famous mall. Now, there are more hotels in the city closer to Dubai Burj Khalida and the Dubai Mall. This hotel is a bit far. Over all, I really liked this hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Mohamed_Aghoury, General Manager at Al Sondos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Noorbitar,

Thank you for your comments and we really appreciate you adding your experience here on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear that everything was up to your satisfaction. I will make sure to pass your generous comments to our associates.

We hope to welcome you back to Al Sondos Suites by Le Meridien on your next visit to Dubai.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed in Al Sondos Suites last year. This is an amazing hotel. Its located right opposite Deira city Centre opposite the Splash store enterance.
It was an amazing experience SPG standard was up to mark. the room was BIG, our room was on 9th floor with amazing view and amazing room number was 911.

the room included a sofa set and also a sofa bed which was used by my child.

The hotel is connected to the Dubai metro directly as the metro station entry is next to the hotel restaurant. the exit of the station connects City Centre!

If u love Dubai metro and wana explore the city by metro this is a great place to stay. The in room dining was great. the room facilities included :
full serviced italian style kitchen and bar counter
Tea coffee making facility
dedicated iron and board
LCD 42" screen
Washing machine
Refrigerator
Microwave Oven
Electric Stoves
Large wash room with shower cubical
free use of GYM & pool.

The pool is quite small but great to beat the heat on a warm day. its more of a business hotel and u wont find any guests in gym or pool during the week day.

Room Tip: High floor corner room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Mohamed_Aghoury, General Manager at Al Sondos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Mbkhan,

Thank you for your review of Al Sondos Suites by Le Meridien - "An Amazing Experience".

Noting your experience and showcasing our property certainly adds a value for our future guests. As you have mentioned our rooms are quite spacious with complete kitchenette equipments and this works really well with many families.

The metro station in front of our hotel is like the favourite of almost all our guests and we are happy that you felt the same. I will make sure to share your generous comments to the rest of the team. Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in Al Sondos Suites by Le Meridien!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Hotel is located at right beside the entrance of Deira City Metro station. Though it is convenient, it is at the same time pretty quiet, away from the hustle & bustle of Dubai. Opposite the road is Deira City Mall, so its convenient for you to get food or get some shopping done.

Rooms are pretty decent,clean and comfortable. staff are helpful.

wireless Internet connection is a bit costly at 77AED per device per day. I think it will be fair if they charged a flat rate of 77AED for 24 hours regardless of the number of devices connected. I travelled with a colleague and we had a laptop & a smart phone each. imagine us connecting all 4 devices.

the breakfast was a bit short of le meridian standards too. not much variety to choose from, though we had our fill every morning.

room service was surprisingly quick, though again, the menu was limited. it will be very good if they could expand the menu for us travellers to have more to choose from.

nevertheless i had a very good stay, save for the food choices.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Good stay overall, but the hotel ruined it by getting greedy and charging my credit card in US dollars - and at an extortionate rate (DHS 3.55 / USD 1 vs. the DHS 3.67 market rate) - without me requesting them to do so (as an aside, I notice that the NBD ATMs are now doing the same thing, although they have at least the courtesy to warn you that you are able to be screwed on the FX rate). As a result, they made a few extra bucks and left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. This is not the first time I've had a hotel do this (one 5* outfit in Delhi pulled the same ruse), but that does not make it right. Hotel rates in Dubai are ridiculous enough without establishments having to resort to such trickery.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GlobalExplorator
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 5 or 6 times, one per year, it is a good hotel, with a good location with the metro station right in the entrance of the hotel. The hotel is very clean, organize and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: For groups or families... the suites with 2 bedrooms are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dieguidson
Mohamed_Aghoury, General Manager at Al Sondos Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Dieguideson,