2,510 results
All reviews union metro station royal club room small balcony palm grill gold souk spice souk swimming pool afternoon tea restaurants and bars standard room the hotel offers excellent hotel close to the airport burj khalifa deira dhow souks
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We only stayed one night in the Radisson SAS (2 nights were previously stayed in the Hilton on Jumeriah beach), partly due to our budget constraints and partly due to a very early morning flight.

We were upgraded to the Royal Club executive rooms, and they were very nice! The room had a balcony, which had a lovely view, my only gripe would be that the light on the balcony was not strong enough to dine out on in the night when we ordered room service. The afternoon tea they served was lovely. The staff were very helpful and courteous. It's a good base for touring the souks or if you plan to do a dhow dinner cruise on the creek.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My husband & I have never been to Dubai before and we decided to go for the Rugby World Cup 7's. Friends of our living in Kuweit also went to Dubai for the rugby and they booked all of us into the Raddison.

We requested the Radisson to pick us up from the airport, as we landed in the early hours of the morning. We were met by a ver professional, friendly lady that took us to the airoconditioned vehile to go to the hotel. In the car she gave us each a clean, hot towel and some cold bottled water. We felt like royalty!!

The hotel itself is stunning, well equiped and staff were very friendly. Our room was massive and the king size bed was luxorius, not to mention the very comfy pillows!! We had a great night's sleep, every night!!

The swimming pool was private with a beautifull view of the Dubai sky line.

Breakfast had a wide variety of western as well s some indian food. We just couldnt get enough of all the fruit!!!

Taxi's were readily available from the hotel to take us where ever we wanted to go.

The hotel is located on the Deira Creek and a few minutes' walk away from the Gold & Spice Souk. We found the location to be very central to anywhere we wanted to go.

We would definately highly reccomend this hotel and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CayoteeUK
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We'd already stayed at the Burj al Arab for one night before moving to the Radisson Deira Creek for two nights for a more central base to see Dubai. It's a great location - it's walkable from the souks, the city tour bus stop (stop 7 I think) is 100m or so away, and the city boat tour is right outside the hotel. The hotel offers a shuttle bus to and from the City Center Shopping Mall, which was a godsend when we realised that the very very long line of people we'd been walking past in the shopping center while looking for the taxi rank, was actually the queue for the taxi. We only found out about the bus by luck so make sure you get the times from the hotel.

It's a pretty standard 5 star hotel, perhaps a bit dated. There's nothing to rave about. The bedroom and bathroom were clean, although smelt of cigarette smoke. Usually we'd stamp our feet and demand another room, but we'd been able to check-in really early which helped us out with our day plan so we didn't feel as though we could / should. It might have just been our room though so don't let that put you off.

We didn't spend much time by the pool, other than to grab a bite to eat. It's fine for a dip and a fleeting visit, but the hotel is next to the main road (the pool is one storey up) and so it's not really the nicest of places if you want to spend a full day there. If that's your poison stay at a different hotel, or get a taxi out to the beach parks.
I think all rooms have a creek view, but only in one direction as the hotel and the balconies are sideways to the creek.
(Note that in the picture TripAdvisor, the one with the boat lit up in the middle of the screen, the Radisson is the hotel to the right of the boat.)

The skybar is nice enough, with piano and singing entertainment. Very classy.
A lady on our desert safari (Worth a go if you're looking for something to do. We booked through BA but you can arrange it through the hotel. Beware, the driving part can make you feel car sick.) had mentioned that European prostitutes work from hotel bars in Dubai. Naively we didn't realise anything like this went on, but we kept our eyes peeled and sure enough there they were. One blonde, one brunette seated at the bar, each with a cocktail and a glass of water in front of them although neither of them touched the cocktail - it was used to hold their place when they went to talk to different men. When the brunette seemed to have caught the attention of one man and joined him at his table, the blonde picked up her phone and a minute or two later another brunnette turned up to take the place at the bar. The ladies rarely talked to each other at all. Perhaps it was all a coincidence. Perhaps these were three single ladies and I'm beign really unfair. But I doubt it. Pure entertainment!

As an aside - I'd read all the travelling advice about what to wear in Dubai and so packed a suitcase full of covering respectful clothes. I think I was the only one who'd read any of that as the vast majority of females were wearing strappy tops. Especially in the expanding part of Dubai and the Shopping Malls where you'd struggle to find a difference to the dress styles of the UK. However the Souks, mainly male areas, are a little different. I was covered up from toe to fingertip and wearing a hat, but I still got funny looks from every local man that walked by.
If you're travelling in a (male/female) couple you'll find that anyone you deal with will automatically direct conversation towards the man. I found that a bit odd given that I'd arranged and booked the whole holiday and all reservations were in my name, but it meant that I could leave the tipping to him.
And just so you go prepared - the driving in Dubai is horrendous. I wouldn't recommend hiring a car unless you're ready for anything.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MsPhileasFogg
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I picked this hotel for the location and was not disappointed. Each room has a small furnished balcony that looks out over Deira creek which we enjoyed using. Excellent service from the front desk, the business center, the concierge to the housekeeping staff. We chose a standard room without all the extras like free tea and happy hr. The room was standard size and very clean. The mattress could have used updating but the bedding and pillows very good. The bathroom was well appointed with all the extras. My only disappointment was the free internet was slower than I would have liked . There were 12 resturants associated with the hotel but we only tried one, Yummy. Yummy is an asian resturant which specializes in noodles. The service was very good and the food good and priced in line with Dubai. There was a grocery store about a 5 min walk and we bought our breakfast items there and did not eat the breakfast buffet offered by the hotel. We did book a dhow dinner cruise with the boat owned by the hotel. We enjoyed it very much. The buffet dinner was good and the scenery as we cruised by was beautiful. The location of the hotel was good. A 5 min walk and you were able to pick up a water taxi to take you over the creek and shopt at the Old Souk, Textile Souk and visit the Dubai Museum in the 1800 fort. On the same side of the creek as the hotel you could walk to the Gold Souk and Spice Souk in about 15 min. Taxi's are plentiful and inexpensive. We booked a desert safari tour with Orient Tours through the hotel which was wonderful. After the driver picked us up at the hotel we went out in the deseret for dune bashing, camel riding , dinner . I recommend it . I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson and would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2009

The hotel is not the prettiest in the emirate - that it's dating from the 70s is very obvious. But the pool is acceptably big and the pool area is kept nice and is almost in sun from around 11 am. That the pool bar advertises fresh fruit juices from six to eight kinds of fruit - and then only offers oranges - well, that just seemed to strike the tone for the stay...

Rooms are big enough, even for a standard. Watch out for the suites at 10th floor as they are situated next to the "jazz bar" which seemed to be inhabited by a huge crowd of women, whose profession I would not dare to guess... :-(

But whatever you do: don't eat at the restaurants. Breakfast is average to say the least, but never good. And the service was bad. It took them 15 minutes to find Earl Grey tea - and even then it was from a Lipton tea bag as was their standard English Breakfast Tea... I have stayed in many Radisson SAS hotels - and this is the bottom of the rank.

I tried for one lunch the "Asian" style thing. Don't, don't, DON'T go there. Unless, of course, you actually enjoy rice with brown gravy on top accompanied with gooey brown sauce-covered unidentified meats. I have been to China - and I think the "restaurant" must gotten from a province that has yet to be discovered...

The only exception may be the fish and seafood restaurant. Their food was perfectly edible, but uninspired and nothing special, even with the prices they ask for.

The Radisson advertises 11 restaurants compared to eg Sheraton's four. How would I love it, if Radisson concentrated on quality in stead of quantity. Right now they have zero quality and a lot of quantity.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo