2,483 results
All reviewsunion metro stationroyal club roompalm grillsmall balconygold soukspice soukswimming poolafternoon tearestaurants and barsstandard roomthe hotel offersexcellent hotelclose to the airportburj khalifadeiradhowsouks
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Got off a plane from Sydney and had booked this hotel through hotels.com. It was a great find. Not a huge hotel but the rooms were so lovely and clean...dining room and food fantastic...staff so helpful...thank you very much for all the hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adele S
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Compared to other hotels in the area the Radisson Blu falls short on quite a few fronts – it is not a “Special” hotel and it is pretty basic for a 4 star venue, this despite being very expensive. The food choices are good however with numerous restaurants to enjoy. If you do stay here definitely go to the Japanese restaurant which is superb. The Staff are very helpful and friendly – a big plus. No mention was made to me when booking that they were refurbishing their pool area so turning up and not being able to enjoy the pool wasn’t a good start. Also Deira creek is not much to write home about unless you like Fur Shops?!?!?!?! I still don’t understand why there are so many but….. When I go back to Dubai I will try a hotel elsewhere but not because it was bad experience but because there are better places around for sure, especially for the money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BR0WNTR0UT
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Great for relaxing and sport because of their free wifi, good gym, squash, table tennis, tennis court and swimming pool. Unfortunately, its under renovation when we visit but I'm sure it will be better. I hope its temperature controlled especially in the evening and cold season.

Breakfast is delicious but not much choices. I liked their Japanese fish and their poached egg with spinach.

I am hoping for more hospitality because some staffs in the lobby are not smiling and greeting. That's what I felt compared to other hotels we've visit.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as a birthday treat. We booked into the club room and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. We were promptly checked in at the club loung and taken to our room.

Our room had a view of the creek and the pool. Very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable to. The bathroom was quite small but very clean.

We had afternoon tea and evening drinks in the club lounge. The drinks choice was good and the snacks were lovely also. The waiter was fantastic and always ensured our drinks were topped up. Excellent service from the club lounge team.

We spent the day at the pool and the weather was amazing. The pool is higher up and there is a lovely breeze due to this. Pool was lovely and cool.

Breakfast in the club longe was lovely, buffet style and a good choice of food.

We had the chance to visit the Irish village, it was just a short taxi ride away. Would recommend a visit. Nice food and great cocktails. We also went on the boats on the creek across to the souk. A bit hectic but worth a visit. Be careful not to be over powered by the people selling things.

We also visited the club in the hotel, there was a band playing. Music was good and catered for everyone.

All in all, great value for money. Would definitely recommend the club room.

Room Tip: Book the club room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grace H
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Cost was over 1000 dirhams or around £200 which I'd consider expensive.
Positives
- great location near the Creek and restaurants in Deira
- close to Union Metro station which made getting back to the Airport very easy
- room was comfortable with free bottled water and wifi included.
Negatives
- at this price was very disappointed that no breakfast was included.
- the bathroom was very small and a bit old fashioned.

Overall ok but just a bit overpriced especially with no breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business