“my vacation”

Ranked #302 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“my vacation”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I enjoyed the hotel stay
I liked the security men and their determination
Old hotel furniture
But beautiful hotel near the site of shops and restaurants

Room Tip: Rooms above the best
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank abdul a
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers in choosing whether to stay at our hotel.

I was happy to read your positive feedback about our hotel and shall pass on your inspiring comments to the team.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've been staying in the Hotel for a short vacation with my friend. Honestly, I didn't expect to receive such a great service, a well selected and trained staff, tasty and fresh food. Room was always cleaned well, fresh towels and bedlinen, didn't need to leave tips for housekeeping to have it all :) The Hotel location also brings a great value to it as it is just in the middle of downtown, so anything you need to get is just in two steps away from accommodation! But if you need to move to another area, there is a subway station nearby.
Maybe this is not the best Hotel to stay is, but we did enjoy it too much, especially the price we paid to have ALL we've got! Coming back soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frequent V
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
24th April, 2012

Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn for business as well as vaction at least 5 night every 3-4 month over a period covering at least 4 years. With its location off of the main road, in a busy portion of town, you may be intially taken aback. Once inside the kind professional staff provide exemplary service. Am not sure what room rberaiki stayed in but, the rooms I have stayed in were always fresh and clean. Sure by Western as well as Dubai standards some of the rooms are smaller than you would like...if that is a consideration PAY A LITTLE EXTRA AND GET THE EXECUTIVE ROOM! It is worth it. In addition to the staff, the location is ideal for business travellers. Shopping and Metro are within 2 minutes walk. If the night life interests you, you do not have to leave the hotel! I must agree that it is not the MOST kid friendly hotel, but each time my family accompanied me they had a wonderful time....the little time they actually spent in the room. a resort it is not. A good, clean, value with staff that goes above the call of duty...it is.

I can afford to stay pretty much where I want in Dubai, but I always choose this Holiday Inn

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
24th April, 2012

Croxley Green
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great location close to airport close to metro and close to city.

I arrived at 08.00 but they checked me in no problem meaning I didn't have to wait 6 hours wifi and breakfast was free with my gold membership along with a room upgrade.

Room was normal holiday inn, clean quiet, comfortable with big bathroom and powerful shower.

Rooftop pool was deserted and gave me nice chance to recharge.

Good buffet lunch was 50 UAE and great little cafe on main st by metro (automatic cafeteria) did super shwarma and fresh orange juice for 40 UAE.

Dubai mall is 6 or so metro stops away (16 uae return) and I will definitely stay again at this well priced gem where service was superb!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MrTall_99
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed on that hotel for it's proximity to the old Dubai town so my mother could go very quickly to the old market in Deira Area.
The fact is that this hotel is a little old and tired, also very much crammed between a very congested area.
Not that bad, but there are plenty of hotels that are much better.

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear rberaiki,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review.
I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

^Katie J