“A quiet, pleasant and restful experience.”
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai

Crowne Plaza Dubai
Ranked #138 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Crownsville
“A quiet, pleasant and restful experience.”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was visiting mainly to participate in a 3-day professional meeting held fairly nearby. The room I was in was not a luxury suite, but it was more than adequate in size, conveniences and arrangement. The hotel was conveniently located near every service and retail establishment that I needed during my stay, and every one of the staff members with whom I interacted was extremely helpful and courteous. In addition to all this, the price was quite fair. The room was kept clean and the restaurants in and near the hotel ranged widely in their offerings, covering many more choices than I needed. There were some small renovations in progress, but I was not at all bothered by the process nor related noises. I did not use either the spa nor the swimming pool, so I can offer no comments about them. This was my first trip to Dubai, but I would very gladly stay in this hotel on any future visit.

Room Tip: A room at least two spaces away from the elevators would reduce disturbance from others' comings...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear “Harold H”
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are happy that you gave us top score on sleep quality & service and that you found your over all stay with us deserving for your next visit.
Thank you for your comments in particular to the “room’s adequate size, convenience and arrangement”, “convenient location”, “helpful & courteous staff”, “fair price”, and “wide variety of restaurants”.
On your next visit please try our newly renovated fitness centre - Crowne Fitness.
We appreciate your cooperation for some ongoing renovation to help improve our products & services.
Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

General Manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times and only after complaining to the GM did things change drastically, the main road is chaos and noisy at night and it is a compact hotel about to go under a 4 year renovation. Staff turn over is very high and thus it shows on the service. I feel sorry for the Management here as it must feel like a loosing battle. Once renovated, it can only get better. Internet in rooms is constantly crashing and best thing about this hotel is the pool and Gym.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers and toes as that is the luck of the draw with all the rooms here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear “saintpj”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations.
Our hotel will be having several phases of renovation which will also include bedroom upgrade in the near future. We are continuously upgrading our facilities & services to meet our guests’ expectations.
Please note that your feedback will not go unnoticed and will be shared with the management & staff. We welcome any constructive feedback as this enables us to address any flaws as we strive to continually enhance the service and experience we deliver.
We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so that we can provide you with a more complete experience.

Kind Regards,
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel and because of my priority club status I got an upgrade to the "Diplomat Suite" (1537)
A Diplomat Suite in a luxury hotel... I was expecting something incredible...
What a disappointment!
Let's start with the good points, because it was still a freaking "Diplomatic Suite!"
The room is big, there is a large bed, very comfortable. The AC is pretty noisy even to the minimum level but that is a detail.
There is also a living room with 2 large sofas, a dinner table and a desk... really nice, nothing to say about that. Except maybe that it really looks old... old fashioned... it needs to be refreshed!
So far only good points.
Now about the bad points.
I got into the bathroom and I was wondering... where is the bathtub... or the shower...?? Couldn't find it. The bathroom was already quite small and I couldn't imagine that the shower was in the bathroom... but it was. They managed to squeeze in a bathtub behind the door in a tiny area. It really made me laugh because it was really not connected with the rest of the suite.
Anyway, it also serves as a bubbly bath, which is always nice, although I haven't had time to use it. Only thing is, the view is quite bad... 3 walls and the back of the door of the bathroom. That's it. (I could compare it with the new IC in Doha, the City, which has bathtubs right next to the windows and give you a tremendous view on the city and the sea. Cool :) )
Also another strange thing in this suite. There is some sort of cupboard in the hallway... and when you open the door you discover... a kitchenette!
Again, a tiny one... why not, but it just doesn't feel right.
Especially when you open the minibar and it's empty. Considering I was in Dubai, which is now definitely the sin city of the middle east, I was a bit surprised!
Talking about sin city, I must say I was quite surprised with what was going on outside the hotel. I checked-in pretty late and got hungry and there is a 24h McDonalds right outside. On the way I got approached by at least 10 prostitutes! And it's a 40 meter walk!!
I was not really sure but when I checked in I was also quite surprised by how provocative most women were dressing up... I couldn't help wondering if they were prostitutes, but I think I got my answer with that short walk.
I guess this is not a hotel problem, probably just that Dubai is allowing this kind of things...

So to summarize, this hotel has a pretty solid start, but the rooms have some awkward features like the tiny bathroom, and they look too old for Dubai!

Room Tip: Not sure if the diplomat suite is worth the extra bucks.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank marcool
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear “marcool”,
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai here on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to know that there were a few positive aspects to your stay such as the big room & comfortable beds.
We are sorry to hear that we didn’t match your expectation. While taking into consideration your comments, we want to inform you that we are starting some renovation which will include in the future the bedroom upgrade.
You feedback will not go unnoticed & will be shared with the management & staff.

Kind Regards,
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 April 2012

It started quite positive, as my plane arrived very early in the morning and we were able to get a provisional room to rest before check-in. This was highly appreciated!
Afterwards we were given a room, but we were not satisfied with it, we asked for a change and we were given a very nice room with pool view on the 16th floor. A colleague needed a quick fix on his pants and it was amazing how good this was. A person came 10 minutes after his call, took the piece and 10 minutes later he was back. Perfect!
Location is ok, pool is also nice after work. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is facing the pool, the other side is not nice at all.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear “SolOrp”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai here on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that our team managed to make your stay a nice experience. Thank you for your comments about your room & our staff. They will be happy to know that you find their service “perfect!”
We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Region of Murcia, Spain
Reviewed 16 April 2012

It may be the oldest hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, but it's as modern as any new property. Everything is efficient and professional and the club rooms and service are impeccable. Try as we did we could find nothing to fault . We have no reason to stay anywhere else .

Room Tip: Go club if you can , you won't regret it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ifraneman
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear “Ifraneman”,
We are so delighted with your short but very wonderful feedback of our hotel. We will share it with our management & staff. Our guests’ complete satisfaction is our main goal at Crowne Plaza Dubai and it is rewarding to learn this has been achieved on this occasion
We are also very pleased to note that your overall stay was good and we look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.