“Good food and good for kids”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #708 of 10,068 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here with my wife and 2 children (4+6). It was a good experience. The tropical jungle is great for the kids and good to see all the animals moving around. The food was nice also. It got really busy later, and when it did the service dropped off hence only 4/5

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Dubai Mall has created tropical jungle setting complete with chattering monkeys,trumpeting elephants,tinkling waterfalls and lush vegetation.Kids will like this place very well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant whilst shopping in the Dubai Mall. I had a voucher which I wanted to use so decided to give it a try.

It's clear that a lot of thought has gone into the environment as there are moving animal structures located throughout the whole restaurant with sounds making you feel like you are actually in a rainforest!

The food on offer is very nice. I ordered a steak which was cooked perfectly and my wife ordered a chicken parmesan which was also very nice and tasty. Although I really enjoyed the food, it was difficult to try and get a waiter's attention. This could be due to the restaurant being busy or simply because the lighting is very dark making it difficult for customers to get noticed. The staff at the entrance however were fantastic and very welcoming.

If you have children then they will certainly enjoy eating here as the environment will keep them occupied whilst eating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So reluctantly had to go again because my 7 year old insisted on having her birthday dinner there.

Service remains poor and good is terrible.

Just a few examples below

1. No side plates when the appetizer platters came - took them 10 minutes to bring them round !

2. 3 people ordered the same Steak fajitas but got three very different versions - one was fine but only three burrito pancakes wrapped, the second came completely cold and had to be sent back, the third hardly had any steak and was not like the other two.

3. The special dish menu which contains new dishes but at AED 120++ was a rip off. One dish with the beef which is AED 120 is basically half a plate of plain rice and the other half some beef strips with a huge amount of fried chips covered in brown sauce. This was not clear from the menu - why would anyone want two se s if carbs with rice and chips ?

Overall a gimmick restaurant - don’t come here for the food and if you do / just go for burgers as am sure they will not be able to mess them up !

1  Thank A Z
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my second visit here at Rainforest cafe and with our one-year old boy for the first time.

All the movements and sounds kept him occupied and slightly scared but great to see him so pre-occupied.

We were shown in by the lovely lady however it all started going downhill since we were assigned a waiter (stalker?) to our table which I believe he was named Peter.

I don't believe that's his real name but anyway he was very miserable since the moment he met us. He didn't show any personality, socialise in any way even to our baby and never cracked a smile once.

Sometimes you get that with staff which is how it is at times so I accept that however he just got worse then on!

Since we ordered our meals, he just hovered around our table, staring in our direction majority of our time there. This was very uncomfortable for us and he kept interrupting us asking unnecessary questions even when we tried our best not to catch his attention.

In the end it seemed he just wanted us to finish soon even though the restaurant was more than half empty.

Shockingly during our meal he came up to me asking if he can take my plates away even though we were nowhere near finished! Just ridiculous.

He was brisk in bringing the bill and instead of asking about the offers they were providing like free breakfast vouchers (like the other waiters did to other customers) he just took our money and off he went without a single word!

Pathetic service in such an established franchise. It saddens me this happened with our one year old there and how he can still be employed there with such a low customer service skill.

Unfortunately, this ruined our meal and we will not be attending back here again. Just not worth the money and poor service in return.

1  Thank Solid_Snake_ka