“Affordable and Central”

Ranked #236 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Castillos, Uruguay
“Affordable and Central”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel is pefectly situated near the Creek, the Union Metro station, and heaps of nice affordable eateries.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
CEOlandmark, Chief Executive Officer at Landmark Grand Deira, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Silage

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay in our brand new Landmark Grand Hotel in March 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

As a new hotel it is very important to get feedback from our guest. Thank you for your great comments, it is great to hear that when you are back in Dubai you will stay with us once again.

We look forward to welcoming you and all your friends back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Landmark Hotels and Suite
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I just stayed (April 2, 1012) at the new Landmark Grand in Dubai. It is a large hotel, but in a quiet location and across the busy street from a nice mall with many fast food places and shops. I found it online, but it turned out to be a good find.

Room Tip: It is not the best location, but taxis are available nearby, and Union Station is a short walk. Best...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear MilesDoha

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay in our brand new Landmark Grand Hotel in April 2012. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay and that my team were able to make your stay that more enjoyable.

Cairns
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We arrived very early in the morning experiencing problems with our booking caused by travel agent. The staff on the front desk were very helpful in such a stressful situation.
We enjoyed our stay @ Landmark, very friendly staff. Breakfast was OK, quite a good range just different. Rooms whilst comfortable and clean were a little cramped. Great location only short trip in taxi to most places.
My only concern is one of the Concierges, we asked him to call us a taxi on our first morning, we were told to wait in our room and he would call one, he advised us that it would take approx 20mins. Being unfamiliar with the protocol we waited there, and upon returning to the lobby 20mins later with no sign of a taxi we asked another staff member to call us one and he managed it in 2 mins!! Not sure what that was all about, we didn't ask that Concierge again and didn't have any more problems.
Would I saty at LAndmark again?? definately.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise J
Dear CairnsOliver

Great to hear that my team took such great care of you and they were able to anticipate all of your needs as well as recommend all the best places to visit while on Holiday in Dubai. I will certainly pass on all your comments to my team as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

Sorry to hear the confusion between one of our concierge member.

Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

Dear friends, I would like to share with you my opinion about this hotel!!! )))) everything was great! Staff from reception was very attentive and spoke in many languages and was very kind to every request. You can be sure that here you will get maximum service. Especially I would like to mention Maria and Ahmed Ibrahim from reception, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

See you next time!!!!

Stayed March 2012
Dear Irina L

Great to hear that my team took such great care of you especially Maria and Ahmed from our Reception team and they were able to anticipate all of your needs as well as recommend all the best places to visit while on Holiday in Dubai. I will certainly pass on all your comments to Maria and Ahmed as well as the team personally as this shows us the great personal touch we provide for our guests.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Let me start by saying I am not a high maintenance traveler, I do not need many frills. But there are some basic expectations that this hotel fell short on.

When I entered for breakfast, I waited at the front for someone to seat me. Usually if you don't need to be seated, staff will ask you to sit yourself. It's no problem, but here, the staff saw me standing, but no one would say anything. So eventually I asked, "do I seat myself?" and the answer was yes. I had the breakfast buffet which was okay tasting at best, and ate my entire meal without once being asked by staff if I needed anything. The buffet was crowded and maneuvering to get food took some work.

The other comment I have is, there is a business center button on the telephone, but no one ever answered it. Any printing help I needed, came from the front desk staff.

Let me also say, I was a business traveler, and this hotel catered more to vacationers, so that might have been the cause of some of the issues.

The location is great, very close to the Union Metro, and close to a grocery store, shopping, and restaurants nearby. The check in staff was very friendly and helpful.

So all in all, my stay was "okay". My complaints were minor but were enough to where with all the other hotel choices, I'll try someplace else next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business