Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Funtours - Desert Safari Dubai tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Funtours - Desert Safari Dubai
from US$ 63.00
from US$ 42.00
from US$ 68.50
from US$ 80.82
1,030 results
All reviews fun tours dune bashing desert safari city tour belly dancing sand dunes quad biking camp driver company dinner landcruiser passengers souvenir falcon arabian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my 3rd time using fun tours. My first two times were excellent and can not fault them but this time was no way near as good. We was a group of 9 people, 4 adults, 2 kids and 3 elderly people who was all booked for the city tour, dessert safari and the boat dinner. The city tour was great and the tour guide was excellent and very knowledgable. On the dresser safari as the jeep can only take 7 people we was split up as a group, the 2 elderly people who could not do the safari was only doing the dinner in the desert and this was where the issues began. One of the two had just recently had a triple by-pass heart surgery and both are over 70, they was driven around for two hours right across the city without any time to stop and rest. When they both eventually got to the rest of the group at the camp they was tired, hungry and annoyed. They both wished them never bothered to come. The dessert safari was 20 mins of dune bashing which was good fun but at the camp you get there a good two hours before the shows and dinner. The belly dancing and the fire show was brilliant however the food is terrible, we actually didn’t eat it and got pizzas delivered to our hotel after we got back. The boat dinner was also really bad, we got picked up at 7pm and by 7.15pm we was on the cleopatra boat, little did we know but the boat was not due to leave till 8.30 which was a waste of our time. To top this off we was told to sit at the back so people who arrived after us was sat at the front and was told to get the food first. By the time the staff told us to get food there was not much left and the same time other guests were pushing in getting second helpings. Sorry but this was appalling service and we expected better that this. After all, we generated some good business over the years with fun tours and having a nice large group with 9 people, I woulda have thought we would have been better treated. So as you can see we had a mixture of good and bad with Funtours and I think my next trip to Dubai I will be looking to go with another company. Oh and we was suppose to be given a souvenir t-shirt which was advertised on the website but we never got that either.

1  Thank P1308MXkevint
Reviewed 23 March 2018

This was mine third time to enjoy Desert Safari in Dubai and first time with my family, and nothing was done as per expectations. The organiser Arabian tours Dubai had tie up with fun tours and it left me completely dissapointment. Sand During was only for 5-8 Mins , when I complaint , no one was ready to listen and keep passing blame from one to other. The safari was done in lower areas which are not the actual place where red sands are located. Secondly the food quality from snacks to drinks were so pathetic that we decided to ignore the dinner and move out from the camp. When I checked some moe details, found that Dubai has now opened cheap options in 100 DHS where in compromise is done with every part of the trip...so be cautious and discuss with your travel agent for sand during timing, weather safari is done in red sands or not......

4  Thank saurabhraghav
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The only good thing you will find is: pickup and drop to your hotel .
The safari car will be for 10 mins
The camp is a place not organised , It is an actual ripoff, they will ask for extra money for everything.
I will not tell you about the food
Photo will show how it was ...

4  Thank 342naders
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes with the tour operator because I’ve read some nice reviews, however, I was disappointed with the kind of experience we had. We were informed that a land cruiser with a toddler seat will collect us from the hotel but we were informed last minute that a “BUS” will just collect us instead. I was with my 2-yr old toddler and parents when we realized that it’s really not a bus! It’s ONLY a van with very limited seats! I wasn’t able to comprehend the situation right away and tried ourselves to squeeze in the van. I felt so guilty when my daughter got sick right after the tour cos most of the passengers were coughing. The lady beside us was even coughing without covering her mouth.

My only disappointment is that I’ve paid a good money hoping for a better quality but it didn’t happen. I wish the operator would understand the difference or description of a BUS between a VAN so people won’t expect too much. And I hope they would put into consideration when a client informs them that there’s a child joining the tour. Imagine the very tiny extra seat I only had during our way to the safari. Such a disaster! Sigh.

5  Thank Kristine K
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived in 27th December knowing everything would be booked up. There were some spaces left so we booked online and got the ticket emailed to our phone. They called to conform pick up time.arrived prompt driver was friendly and nice. We shared the car and drdove off yo the desert. I've done dune bashing before buy with giant huge walls of sand. This was not like that but definitely thrilling my husband loved it. We were 1st in the camp with free deserts smack tea coffee water. Food was delicious though had wait a long time for it to get served and then there were men and women queues but don't be alarmed it's ok. There are tents with venders3all around the usual stiff to buy head scarves rugs etc3. Watch out for the eagle guy selling pictures eitg the eagle only he doesn't tell you that he charged whatever he likes according to how rich or European you look! Then got nasty when I said we couldn't pay that much he said he would only speak to the man and not me the women. Anyways my husband then did the RTA's quad biking loads of cun. We did buy a can of beer here be good 70dhs for 2 cans of kingfisher but is recommend just drinking soft drinks anyhow. It gets cold in the desert so take a cardi or coat. We were last yo be picked up so thecwait at the end wasn't good ax it was a long day and long drive back if I was to change anything I'd say not wait to every person has left but small consolation for last minute booking at new year. Driver was great I tipped3him at the end

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We went for Desert Safari without Dune Bashing. Our driver Bader made up a good experience for us. The desert camp was good except for the falcon guy chasing people to get photos clicked for a price and continuous annoying announcements to buy drinks in the 'happy hour'. The weather was perfect to visit November end.