My wife and I stayed at the One & Only Palm for a week at the start of June to celebrate our anniversary and a milestone birthday. We've travelled to Dubai before and stayed at the Ritz Carlton club which was terrific and so we couldn't wait to return.
We swear by TripAdvisor and read every review of the hotel before we booked. We planned to write this review and so off we went with our imaginary TripAdvisor hats on and armed with our imaginary TripAdvisor magnifying glasses.
The feeling of spaciousness throughout the hotel and its grounds was wonderful. The rooms and corridors, the restaurants and bar, even at the pool you feel as though you have the hotel to yourself.
Everyone from the reception staff and manager to the pool attendants and the guest services team knew our names without hesitation from the first day. They learned that we preferred to dine inside due to the stifling heat and altered all of our reservations throughout the week accordingly. The pool attendants saved our places everyday and brought complimentary iced water; fruit skewers; cold towels and cleaned our sunglasses.
We took some duty free champagne (hotel champagne costs an arm and a leg) for the room and asked for an ice bucket one evening. They offered to bring us a bucket every night at a specific time. The room has champagne & wine glasses and tumblers.
We had complimentary half board which was excellent. There are 3 restaurants in the hotel and another 8 at the One & Only Royal Mirage across the water. All of the food we had was top quality, from the wonderful breakfast every morning to the room service and all of the restaurants. Our stand out meals were at Stay (twice) and Nina's Indian. The Wagu ribeye (my first) at Stay was mesmeric. I had a pesto pasta with snails to start. OMG! It was the best meal I've ever had.... For dessert, guests are shown to display cabinets where you can choose from a vast selection of patisseries. Individual tarte tatin, mille-feuille, macaroons etc once you've decided, the chef makes it fresh for you and brings it to the table. Wow! Save space for dessert whatever you do.
The half board covered most of the restaurants fully, the odd thing on the menu would require a small supplement. Only 'Stay' at our hotel and I think 3 of the 8 others were not included but guests were given a 230dhs (£40) credit each toward the cost. The half board option is good value for money as we calculated our evening meals would have cost us £100 - £150 each evening. Stay - considerably more.
The boat over to the Royal Mirage leaves every half an hour. I don't know what I was expecting - I had been a little pensive about the prospect of a return trip when filled with food and alcohol on a bouncing boat with sea water splashing in my face.... I should have known The One & Only would do things properly. An enclosed, air conditioned boat with leather seats for 20. As smooth as silk. It took 7 minutes rather than 25 by road. We booked outward and return trips but booking wasn't necessary. We used the complimentary bus service to Atlantis and the Mall of the Emirates which left at various times of the day. It does take a while to travel from the outer reaches of the Palm and the speed bumps on route made my blood boil.
We stayed in a manor room on the top floor, spectacular is the only way I can describe it. Beautifully appointed with bespoke furniture, an amazingly comfortable bed, the most wonderful bathroom with huge rain shower, free standing bath and dressing area and all with a view of the beach and sea. It's always nice to get an upgrade and have a room that's a bit special but this room knocks spots off anything I've ever stayed in. If you can't decide, don't worry, you'll love it.
It's easy to be over critical and find yourself looking for fault rather than for positives but even so, it was faultless. It felt surreal that we were in this amazing place, we spent the week with bemused smiles. We couldn't think how to improve the experience in a single way.
The One & Only brand is seriously impressive. We will definitely stay with them again. I may have to sell my mother-in-law or reduce my butler's hours but it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive in style by limousine or boat at the private marina of Dubai's most intimate new beach resort. Discover this exquisite low-rise boutique oasis located on the lush, landscaped private peninsula of the Palm Jumeirah crescent. One&Only The Palm blends Moorish and Andalusian architecture with contemporary chic interiors, consisting of 91 keys and 4 exclusive Beach Villas. Stylish guest rooms are secluded in a residential environment within the tri-level Manor House, six low-rise Mansions and four private Beach Villas. Once relaxed and unpacked, indulge in the resort's private leisure facilities including a stunning 850 square-metre swimming pool, 450 metres of beach front and the outstanding all-suite One&Only Spa and fitness centre. Includes Daily Breakfast in Zest. Plus, families staying three nights or more will receive one complimentary Aquaventure Waterpark ticket per person per stay until 30 September 2016, unlocking unlimited thrills at the largest and most exciting water park in the Middle East. Situated across 42 acres of coastline, Atlantis The Palm, Dubai creates a stage of vibrant water experiences such as Master Blasters, speed slides, rivers and rapids. Enjoy the thrill of Aquaventure Waterpark, explore the Dubai marine life of The Lost Chambers and make your dreams come true at Dolphin Bay. The waters of Atlantis await! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your One&Only The Palm Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only The Palm Dubai Hotel Dubai
- One And Only The Palm Dubai