I'm sorry...kempinski pride themselves by the notion that they've been in the hotel business for over 100 years. If you were unfortunate enough to be at this one in the first week of January, you'd think they'd never run a hotel before!
Where to start? Arrived early, room not ready. Not a problem. They suggested breakfast. It was cold. Went to first room. It overlooked a construction site. It hadn't been snagged and there were no electrical sockets. You couldn't even plug the bed side lamps in. We were moved to another room, which had been snagged. It was excellent. Feeling better...
First night...gas is cut off. No hot food! Are they serious? Forced Decamp to Atlantis...amazing. Day two; Pool - service is the worst I have experienced any where in the world ever! (including the carribean
- at least the Bajans are cool
In being slow!) - it took 45 mins to get a glass of sprite (provided you went to remind them after 40 mins). Pool bar wasn't open. Pool restaurant was still being built (despite a reassurance from the hotel directly before I booked that everything was finished). Not particularly relaxing while they cut tiles for the badly needed 2nd restaurant. Shall I go on?
Ah..being woken at 2am as a dozy cleaner decides that it is the best time to use a floor cleaning machine outside our room door!?
The service staff are simply appalling, with the exception of the spa staff who were great. The spa - actually it isnt really a spa! It is some treatment rooms; no jacuzzi, no sauna, no steam...spa is a slightly optimistic description. Gym; rubbish. Two treadmills is hardly sufficient for the size of the complex. Went three times; three times returned having not used equipment, because they were in use.
Lunch - it took one hour for the pool staff to bring the menu! It became a standing joke. By the end of the week, we had spent time purposefully away from the hotel because the service was doing my head in. I even went to a supermarket to buy my own drinks so I didn't have to ask anyone for a drink? Can you believe it? I certainly can't...
I brought it to the attention of management...did they sort it? Did they make it better? No. It actually got worse. The manager actually suggested I went to stay elsewhere, which makes me sound like the guest from hell. I'm not. I have never written a review before. I have never before felt compelled to write to a hotel manager whilst in residence to outline the extensive issues I faced. To suggest I go elsewhere was insulting.
The rooms were great and I suspect once phase two is complete and the staff have been (a) sacked (b) more recruited and (c) trained...this will one day be a fabulous resort.
As of now it isn't...I may try it again in 2-3 years time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to a place where the earth and sea merge with imagination. Here on the coveted shores of Dubai's iconic island lies the perfect vantage - the Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah. A palatial retreat, set atop a true landmark, this picturesque paradise offers traditional European luxury and endless opportunities to create lasting memories. Spacious Suites & Penthouses - Exquisite marble floors guide your every step as gold, ivory and light blend into a portrait of true opulence...You have left the ordinary behind. Spacious suites and penthouses provide the lavish comforts of well-appointed living rooms, dining areas, and fully equipped kitchens, ideal for both families and long stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Hotel And Residences Palm Jumeirah