“Perfectly Comfortable”

Ranked #221 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
“Perfectly Comfortable”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Needed 1 nights accommodation while passing through Dubai, and the Holiday Inn Express was perfect for that. I arrived at 10h00 and yet they were happy to check me in. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was great that they had a free shuttle to and from Festival City so I could get a little shopping in without wasting money on transport.

Everyone was very helpful and friendly, however the Internet was not available for free, and the wifi signal was quite weak in the bedrooms.

I would stay here again if I were passing through Dubai.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tammy B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Entebbe, Uganda
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Not impressed at all. Had low rent look and feel. Will not stay there again. At check in I asked for Internet access. The rates were outrageous for WiFi access. I told them I needed it anyway and they gave me an access code. Got in the room and tried to log on but would not work. Called front desk and they sent someone to my room. After checking, he calls front desk and they tell me I need to pay for access. Told them to forget it, I would pay for 3G roaming instead.
When I tried to post a review directly on their site, it does not work either. Go figure?

BTW: The Chinese hooker in the bar did look okay. The only reason I rated the place average instead of poor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
paul m,

Thank you for your comments, and recent stay. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service received. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care
London
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I needed somewhere to stay near the airport while passing through Dubai on a series of meetings. I chose the Holiday Inn Express on the basis of my membership of IHG's Rewards scheme.

The hotel facilities are of a good standard. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant (buffet both times) and the food was adequate, but if I hadn't been so tired from a red-eye flight followed by a series of meetings I would probably have gone elsewhere to eat.

Good value, handy for the airport and wholly unremarkable, in a good way.

Room Tip: I had a room facing into the atrium, which was nice and quiet. Road facing rooms might be louder.
Manama
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express's, the one at Dubai Internet City is excellent but this one is very poor. The rooms are of course exactly the same as other properties but the service is dreadful. The breakfast is a disgrace and even although included in the price I only had toast, the only thing edible. I had made the mistake the previous evening of having the buffet dinner and that was also terrible.
The charge of 85 Dihrams ($23) for 24 hrs internet is also a rip off. I will not stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Beedij,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Abbotsford,BC
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This Holiday inn is located across from terminal 3 (Emirates).The front desk is very busy with people constantly checking in and out.There is a fee to use the computers in the lobby.You have to wait in the same line as everyone else checking in /out.The process takes 5-20 min. depending on the line up.After you pay 15 AED for 30 min.They give you a code that doesn't always work, so having to go back to the busy counter again to get a new code was a bit frustrating.There is also a fee for wifi.The rooms are basic.The first night we had no hand towel or face cloth.The second day we were only given one towel.The hallways are noisy due to people checking in at all hours.Most rooms have the view of a brick wall outside.Buffet breakfast is average.
The good:There is a free shuttle that leaves once an hour to and from the airport to all terminals.It is a 10 minute walk to the metro station which will connect you to most of the city.The beds were soft,clean and comfortable.This Hotel is fine for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Rachele777,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J