“Our son's 1st birthday ”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Ranked #230 of 10,294 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I made enquirers for our son's 1st birthday on 23rd June. I rang the restaurant to ask if they gave a buffet on Friday afternoon. I was told yes, it starts at 12pm till 15.30, it was 199 per adult including drinks and that they have a kids area for my son and his friend to play. I rang back half an hour ago to make the reservation as I had to check if our friends could attend, I was told no longer available only an iftar. I am so angry, why would a member of staff say it was available and then be told it no longer is.

Yasser M, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Sarah P,

Although I would like to thank you for your interest in celebrating your son’s birthday us, I am most concerned to have read your disappointment whilst dealing with some of our associates and my sincere apologies for the poor impression you have gained. It goes without saying that your experience is most definitely not in keeping with the standard of service we strive to deliver.

Please allow us to discuss and understand your experience further, in order for us to identify any areas for improvement by contacting us directly on guestfeedback@jaresorts.com.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We did the Thursday night buffet. I'll keep it simple:

Food: actually wonderful, lovely fresh fresh, grill section and cheeses
Service: attentive but not overbearing. happy and smiling
Drink: we didn't drink alcohol but the a great varied menu
Ambiance: very chilled until the singer came on, was a bit OTT to begin with but by the end of the evening it was actually very pleasant

Would we go again? Yes. Cheers to the Thyme team.

Yasser M, Front Office Manager at Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Steve D,

There is nothing that warms our heart more than a guest who truly appreciates all our efforts. Thank you for taking the time to write a very positive feedback about your recent dining experience at Thyme restaurant and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Buffet breakfast is good but service is not great (no refills on coffee etc.).

We had some drinks and snacks in here which were ok and the service was fair but nothing that good.

Yasser M, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear kevmin79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. As what we have also mentioned on our response to your review of JA Oasis Beach Tower, we would like to learn more about your experience so that we can address it accordingly. Please contact us directly at guestfeedback@jaresorts.com.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

22 AED for their house beverages in Happy hour which runs from 4 pm to 8 pm and then 11 pm to 1 am everyday. Good deal on shawarma and happy hour drinks. Staff looks after you very well specially hepsen.

Yasser M, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear 175surinders,

Thank you very much for sharing a short but sweet review of your experience with us here in Thyme restaurant. I will definitely share your praises to my entire team, especially Hepsen.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We stayed at the JA Oasis Beach Hotel in April 2017 and had breakfast at the Thyme Restaurant every morning. The breakfast was simply amazing, almost embarrasing to say was often the highlight of the day! The omelettes were to die for, wonderful coffees, a huge spread of delicious and fresh foods, great attention to detail and plentiful buffet. The only suggestion I would make is to consider adding a fresh-squeezed juice option. The outstanding point was the staff - the professionalism, attentiveness, efficiency and friendliness of the staff was enough to make breakfast at Thyme Restaurant feel like a Fine Dining experience! I tip my hat off to Glenn, Joseph, Catherine and the team (apologies to those whose names I have missed!)

Yasser M, General Manager at Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear calvinc216,

Thank you for posting your review of Thyme restaurant on this platform.

It warms our heart to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit. Your compliments on our mouthwatering cuisines and excellent guest service are truly appreciated.

On the other hand, your observations with regards to an additional beverage option has been noted and shared with the relevant team for review, where need be.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we can’t wait to welcome back for another memorable dining experience with us.