“stylish and upper class Indian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Indego by Vineet
Ranked #13 of 9,407 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Description: Amid minimalist opulence, at award-winning Indego by Vineet, the textures, flavours and expressive range of Indian cuisine are sumptuously brought alive. Guided by Michelin-starred Chef Vineet Bhatia, this restaurant is cherished for its exquisite contemporary combination of traditional spices and ingredients with fine-dining presentation.
Almere, The Netherlands
“stylish and upper class Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

the style is what you may expect from Grossvenor house, to be very good to perfect. we took the tasting menu )meat and vegetarian) and it was all perfectly cooked and seasoned. they serve wines and you can choose from the range good to perfect, no bad wines on the list. the service was also perfect, they were friendly and anticipated our needs. Dinners for leisure as well as for business you can do easily here.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank marcel m
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“"Indian at its best"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Went with a group of friends, we were welcomed with a warm smile and friendly staff.
The starters were out of this world and the mains were very good, the chocolate samosa was absolutely stunning, i havent tasted anything like that before!! I will definitely go back, and take some more friends at the same time.

• Visited May 2011
5 Thank Lee A
Toronto, Canada
“The Best Indian Cuisine...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

The Best Indian Cuisine we came across after a long time...Service Quality, Hospitality and the Location are "The Best" in Quality. Will recommend all my friends to stop-by atleast once whenever they get time and opportunity...

Thanks!

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank JeetToronto_Canada
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Ho Humm...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We live very close to Indego and dined a few times when we first arrived in Dubai – considering it good if a little pricey but the service was professional and food well executed.

Since then I have ventured pretty seriously into modern Indian cooking at home and have recreated a number of complex Atul Kochhar, Vivek Singh and in particular Vineet Bhatia recipes. In fact my beautiful embossed black and gold copy of Rasoi: New Indian Kitchen has had an enormous workout since I was presented it as a gift from my lovely brother and sister in law. I have managed to recreate most of the complex yet subtle recipes in this beautiful book at home and in doing so have a high regard and respect for the art of mixing Indian spices and technically have learnt a trick or two – I consider myself a better cook for it. Oh how lucky we are here in Dubai to have access to the ingredients.

So if you’re still with me in this rather rambling review it was with some anticipation that we were to revisit Indego with dear friends. Service remains faultless on arrival but I do admit to being somewhat disappointed when I reviewed the menu – it seemed that the more complex dishes I was personally looking forward to were missing and consisted of a more basic selection than I remembered and expected.

My pomegranate salad starter was cloyingly sweet and hence left pretty much untouched (but paid for). My seabass was over cooked and just not memorable on any level. My husband’s lamb is a dish I’ve cooked at home and – gosh it just lacked the finesse that should have been present. The rest of the table were equally unimpressed and it’s such a pity as this is a beautiful restaurant. Staff are expert in service (however they should check if a plate is left pretty much untouched as surely there is something wrong).

No we shall not be back any time soon as this is an expensive restaurant and for these dirhams I expect fine food. But Vineet Bhatia is a superb chef and professional and I thank him for his beautiful book which I continue to delve into spending hours in the kitchen with a happy husband and friends as reward.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MataiDubai
Romford, United Kingdom
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very warm welcome. Food was absolutely delicious, mixed kebab for starters and prawn biriyani and buttered chicken for the main the flavours were unbelievable

Visited April 2012