We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in March 2012. We had a 1 bedroom deluxe apartment which was booked direct with the hotel. Even though it says 1 bedroom, they had placed an extra double bed in the living room, so you can easily sleep 5 (2 doubles + 1 single bed)
We had a sea view - but no balcony (we were happy for that with young kids,,, and a long drop)
1) Plenty Space
2) Modern apartments serviced daily
3) Well equipped kitchen for simple family meals (+ iron + safe + washer/dryer....etc...)
4) Attentive & friendly staff (a big difference from 2010 and 2011 stays)
5) Fast and simple check-in and check-out
Negatives. (nothing really, but....)
1) The main pool is too cold. Fine for serious 'sports' swimming - but too chilly for the kids
2) We suffered noise on this stay:
a) Elevators binging all night next to our room
b) Huge pool party & disco just outside our room until 10pm : without warning from hotel
c) Drilling at 10:30 and 11:30 at night (Turned out to be in the offices 7 floors below us!)
I would certainly stay here again - and I would certainly recommend staying there for business or leisure.
Always Taxis available on the door step night ans day - and all taxis know the hotel when coming home.
Metro station on the door step (but this must be the only station on the whole network with 50 (fifty) steps to climb... beware if you have a pram or little kids! Our 2 and 5 year old were fine though. (Station name is Internet City) Dubai is so spread out - there isn't a 'central' location, unless you want a beach hotel.
30AED taxi to the Jumeirah Beach Park
20AED taxi to Aquaventure
15AED taxi to the Mall of the Emirates (although this is only 2 stops away on the Metro)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Palm Island, the Grand Midwest Tower is located in Dubai Media City on the famous Sheikh Zayed Road and is just 2 minutes walk from the DIC Metro station. Our accommodation is spacious and every room includes a fully equipped kitchen as well as an impressive list of facilities and services for all guests to enjoy a comfortable stay. With a choice of Deluxe Studio, Deluxe One Bedroom, Deluxe Two Bedroom and Deluxe Three Bedroom (interconnecting room) apartments, the Grand Midwest Tower Hotel offers a total of 225 luxury apartment suites with contemporary décor and modern amenities. Guests can experience the warmth of local culture, close to Dubai's business district, exhibition and convention centre, golf course, Dubai Marina and Mall of the Emirates, it is the ideal location for your stay. It is indeed your home, away from home. ... more less